North Korea plans to terminate ceasefire with the US

This forum is for posting meaningful and serious ideas and questions. Can be about interests, observations or serious matters of the world. If it doesn't fit that category, don't post here! Serious posts only.

North Korea plans to terminate ceasefire with the US

Postby Binerexis on Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:01 am

Thoughts?
"Everyone just shut up and enjoy your arena."
"...But we don't enjoy aren-"
"SHUT UP AND ENJOY YOUR ARENA!"
Part three of my quest to lose my sanity

"Bin would get my Unusual hatz since he's the coolest, bravest, smartest and toughest admin." - Bruce Willis
Binerexis
Old Timer
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Extrodisian
STEAM_0:0:19678834

Re: North Korea plans to terminate ceasefire with the US

Postby Lord Lucan on Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:09 am

My first thought was 'where's the link?'
ImageImage
Lord Lucan
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: Lucnab
STEAM_0:0:5266465

Postby Binerexis on Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:33 am

"Everyone just shut up and enjoy your arena."
"...But we don't enjoy aren-"
"SHUT UP AND ENJOY YOUR ARENA!"
Part three of my quest to lose my sanity

"Bin would get my Unusual hatz since he's the coolest, bravest, smartest and toughest admin." - Bruce Willis
Binerexis
Old Timer
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Extrodisian
STEAM_0:0:19678834

Postby Wizav on Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:25 am

I think it's all going to go tits up soon, China are already helping to arm Iran and avoid sanctions with the help of North Korea in exchange for Oil and Gas. They desperately need it to become the next super power.

North Korea and Iran both want nukes and that's good for China, i can't see them ever giving USA any serious support with these sanctions. They know USA can't use any force to stop Iran or NK and they know Iran or NK don't really give a shit about the sanctions, so basically nothing is going to happen and i'm guessing they'll both have there nukes before the oil starts running out in 2040-2050. China will have over taken USA by then and the middle east will start diverting oil to East Asia

I don't think USA will let that happen, they'll eventually make up some BS excuse to invade as always, They have ten army bases built around Iran and a few dozen in SK with military training going on.

Wizav
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Wizav
STEAM_1:3:666666

Postby Dauntless on Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:56 am

I think you also have to worry about the other countires that will be drawn into this if the cease fire fails. We (UK) had troops over there during the war, ignoring the fact they are technically still at war. I know the way wars play out have changed over the years, but the threat of a true world war is real. As Wizav has pointed out, not only do you have to worry about NK, they will have Iran at their backs, leaving China to see how things play out before they decide where their allegences lie.

On the other side of the coin, I can't see the likes of Japan and Russia letting this all playout so close to home without some sort of intervention, or will it take destrucion on their own soil for them to join the fray? SK surely would have spend the last half a century preparing for the eventual break down of the cease fire.

Unfortunately, there cannot be peace without war... or so they say.

From a personal note, i'm worried that with the majority of the UN forces currently streched, reserve soldiers like myself might get drafted in.
I'm watching this one very closely.
Dauntless
Senior Admin

Player: Dauntless
STEAM_0:1:19137211

Postby re# Skilgannon on Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:55 am

all I know is if this all kicks off, people are going to die

not good :(
for she is the Cat that walks by herself, and all places are alike to her

no matter how many times I put together the great jigsaw of life there is always the same integral piece missing that prevents the picture from being complete Annabel Rose Hardwick
re# Skilgannon
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Sunshine Snookums
STEAM_0:0:7668

Postby Templar+ on Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:59 am

What are the chances there will be a nuke slinging match? The casualties in WWII wouldn't even come close to the amount of lives lost in a potential WWIII

US, UK, Russia, France, India, Pakistan, Israel, NK? and Iran?

NK are testing and Iran are on the path to getting nukes Not sure exactly how many nukes each country has but i bet it's more than a few!

Not forgetting the countries that have been given nukes due to the NATO Nuclear Weapons Sharing Program - Belgium, Germany, Netherlands, Italy and turkey they all have between 10 - 90 nukes EACH.
Templar+
Old Timer

Player: Templar+
STEAM_0:0:10400303

Postby EWJ on Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:43 am

Nk are doing their usual.."we're still here BS".. they'll have round table talks and then oh look "aid money" so the top brass can hold onto their new smartphones.. Look back at previous years..
God is a defect of the human genome.
Earthwormjim hes such a groovy guy,
Earthwormjim he rockets thru the sky,
EWJ
Old Timer
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Mr EWJ ®
STEAM_0:1:3498984

Postby Gh0st.IRE on Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:19 pm

Can we send them all to space so they can have their mud slinging fight away from the rest of us? I'm quite fond of living.
Ex-TF2 Admin. Forum Moderator. Add me on Steam or PM me here!
Heresy MMO Guild Member.
Gh0st.IRE

Player: Rear Naked Bugs
STEAM_0:0:12137987

Postby Dauntless on Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:18 pm

EWJ wrote:Nk are doing their usual.."we're still here BS".. they'll have round table talks and then oh look "aid money" so the top brass can hold onto their new smartphones.. Look back at previous years..

Fingers crossed that's all that happens! I'm pretty fond of living too.
Dauntless
Senior Admin

Postby Ger-h on Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:29 pm

how far can one of these nk nukes reach?(so I know how far to run to :) ). why attack usa and not south Korea :scratch:
Ger-h
Executive Admin
Maptesting Head
UKCS iSeries Attendee
Official Executive Teaboy™

Player: Ger
STEAM_0:1:35307921

Postby re# Skilgannon on Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:34 pm

because SK isnt the one imposing HUGE economic sanctions
for she is the Cat that walks by herself, and all places are alike to her

no matter how many times I put together the great jigsaw of life there is always the same integral piece missing that prevents the picture from being complete Annabel Rose Hardwick
re# Skilgannon
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Sunshine Snookums
STEAM_0:0:7668

Postby EWJ on Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:40 pm

Their nukes have the possibilty of being ICBM's.. but they're years away from having an arsenal of the things. They tend to blow up on the launch pads..(the missiles not the nukes)
God is a defect of the human genome.
Earthwormjim hes such a groovy guy,
Earthwormjim he rockets thru the sky,
EWJ
Old Timer
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Mr EWJ ®
STEAM_0:1:3498984

Postby Ger-h on Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:42 pm

so we are safe in Ireland(for the moment) :D
Ger-h
Executive Admin
Maptesting Head
UKCS iSeries Attendee
Official Executive Teaboy™

Player: Ger
STEAM_0:1:35307921

Postby Dauntless on Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:12 pm

safe is such a strong word...

Last time i checked, SK didn't even sign the cease fire, it was the US and UN that imposed all the sanctions and terms on NK, plus they dont want nuke fall out on their doorstep, better it being alot further away
Dauntless
Senior Admin

Postby The Knife on Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:26 pm

Empty words. You seriously think, that 1.1 million of starving soldiers would be able to do any harm? Their offensive would stop at first South Korean McDonalds. Or alternatively they would surrender in exchange for food.
The Knife
Recruit Member

Player: fun, anyone?
STEAM_0:1:59382954

Postby Flare on Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:45 pm

Posturing... nothing more, nothing less.

This a dictator showing off his power to his people, the state news will be full of news how the glorious leader is putting it to those weak western nations who are responsible for the sanctions and thus the peoples suffering as a result... and reminding the rest of the world NK is still on the planet.
Sometimes keeping an eye on your stats is not a good thing :P

Some things are painfully obvious, others must be made obvious... painfully
Flare
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: Flare
STEAM_0:0:690038

Postby Wizav on Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:28 pm

The Knife wrote:Empty words. You seriously think, that 1.1 million of starving soldiers would be able to do any harm? Their offensive would stop at first South Korean McDonalds. Or alternatively they would surrender in exchange for food.

People said similar things about Iraq/Afghanistan and we have been there for 10 years now and they had no modern aircraft, missiles, anti-tank weapons or firearms.

NK have 8 million troops in total including reserves and they are allied with Iran , Pakistan , China and Russia and a dozen smaller countries. In Total together they have around 20-25 million troops, 32,000 tanks , 9000 nukes , 4000 aircraft and China is currently working on building the biggest navy and air force.

USA and Allies have around 14 million troops, 18,000 tanks , 10000 nukes , 5000 aircraft and USA currently control the oceans. USA does has like 100 guns for every american though so nobody is going to invade there, they would need 50 million troops.

Wizav
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Wizav
STEAM_1:3:666666

Postby The Knife on Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:04 pm

Wizav wrote:
The Knife wrote:Empty words. You seriously think, that 1.1 million of starving soldiers would be able to do any harm? Their offensive would stop at first South Korean McDonalds. Or alternatively they would surrender in exchange for food.

People said similar things about Iraq/Afghanistan and we have been there for 10 years now and they had no modern aircraft, missiles, anti-tank weapons or firearms.

NK have 8 million troops in total including reserves and they are allied with Iran , Pakistan , China and Russia and a dozen smaller countries. In Total together they have around 20-25 million troops, 32,000 tanks , 9000 nukes , 4000 aircraft and China is currently working on building the biggest navy and air force.

USA and Allies have around 14 million troops, 18,000 tanks , 10000 nukes , 5000 aircraft and USA currently control the oceans. USA does has like 100 guns for every american though so nobody is going to invade there, they would need 50 million troops.
You need medical help dude, because you're clearly delusional. Russia, Pakistan and China allies of DPRK? Like really?
The Knife
Recruit Member

Player: fun, anyone?
STEAM_0:1:59382954

Postby Dauntless on Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:18 pm

The Knife wrote: You need medical help dude, because you're clearly delusional. Russia, Pakistan and China allies of DPRK? Like really?

Quite alot of these countries have unofficial ties with NK and whilst not openly calling themselves allies, they have not turned their backs on them either. China aided NK before the cease fire by sending 500,000+ troops for the war, it was China that was on NK side during the armistice discussions. The have allies, they are just not as open as the UN.
Dauntless
Senior Admin

Next

Return to Thinkers Topics