I need an opinion on this

This forum is for posting meaningful and serious ideas and questions. Can be about interests, observations or serious matters of the world. If it doesn't fit that category, don't post here! Serious posts only.

I need an opinion on this

Postby Snowbat on Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:31 pm

So lets say, hypothetically, there is a girl you have a crush on that frequents the same gym as you. And you know, you chat together in a friendly way, you get to know her a bit better but you decide not to wait for too long and at some point in the future (hasn't happened yet) ask her out. For a girl, this is usually the signal that the guy is attracted to her.
At that point, you'll either get a yes or a no. Imagine she says no and thus rejects you.

Isn't that going to make things very awkward if you both continue to frequent the same gym? If she notices you don't initiate conversation with her any more after rejection, won't she think you were chatty with her previously just to hit on her? I'm asking because, well, I personally don't want to be just her platonic male friend if I have feelings for her. If she says no, I prefer to just move on and not be in that dreaded "just friends" bull****. I've been that for long enough with me previous crush and it feels like ****.

What? Me? A crush on a girl? Pff noooo. What makes you.... nooo. NEIN.
Snowbat
Home Member

Player: Snowbat
STEAM_0:1:1977404

Re: I need an opinion on this

Postby re# Skilgannon on Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:43 pm

Ask her out for a casual drink, not a date, talk to each other and you will either click or not. I once had a massive crush on some one but when I had got to know him better I realised he just wasn't my type
for she is the Cat that walks by herself, and all places are alike to her

no matter how many times I put together the great jigsaw of life there is always the same integral piece missing that prevents the picture from being complete Annabel Rose Hardwick
re# Skilgannon
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Sunshine Snookums
STEAM_0:0:7668

Postby Seraphina on Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:18 pm

So, what you're saying is, you actually ARE talking to her just to hit on her because if she says no you're not interested in her any more.
Of course not talking to her if you get rejected will be awkward but if you would keep talking to her you will still only be casual acquaintances which is what you are now anyway.
So you'd say hi, make small talk and that's it. That's not the friendzone and should be doable.
If you worry what she thinks about you even after you got rejected, then maybe you should show her that you're not that kinda person.

Anyway, if you go into it expecting rejection, the chances that that's what you'll get are quite high.
Confidence can make a massive difference.
You've had your last regrets, reached your final depths, deepest pits.
Stepped aside for the world to pass you by, chose to leave the fear.
You are stuck in a world of deadlocks...
Seraphina
Home Member

Player: Seraphina
STEAM_0:1:8420977

Postby Enigma on Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:00 pm

Just kiss her next time you see her. If she doesn't try to fight back you won, if she slaps you you got friendzoned again. Ez.
Enigma
UKCS Sponsor

Player: nice dead server lmao
STEAM_0:1:29505170

Postby Silkie on Mon Jun 23, 2014 7:16 pm

I'm never sure in cases like this if I should give advice or not coming as I do from an older generation and wondering if things have changed so much now that any advice might be useless. Still I'd say are you actually flirting with her? Is it a lost art? Most guys of my generation used to go with flirting and see how she responds and particularly flirting back especially with any deliberate friendly touching on the hands or arms. This always used to be the sign a woman might be interested in being more than friends but things seem so tense these days.

Frankly I don't get the 'friendzone' thing but I never discount a chance to widen my circle of friends so don't see what's so bad about it. Mind you even today with a drink inside me I'll flirt with anything with a pulse over the age of consent of course. They need to introduce flirting courses into colleges IMHO as frankly it's fun, free and a necessary skill for all the nicer bits of life.
"I prefer the company of animals more than the company of humans.
Certainly, a wild animal is cruel.
But to be merciless is the privilege of civilised humans."
Silkie
Experienced Member

Player: Silkie
STEAM_0:0:523712

Postby re# Skilgannon on Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:03 pm

if I could "like" your post I would!

Flirting seems to be a lost art these days!

I blame the internets ;)
for she is the Cat that walks by herself, and all places are alike to her

no matter how many times I put together the great jigsaw of life there is always the same integral piece missing that prevents the picture from being complete Annabel Rose Hardwick
re# Skilgannon
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Sunshine Snookums
STEAM_0:0:7668

Postby rgslane the trackpad on Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:10 pm

Enigma wrote:Just kiss her next time you see her. If she doesn't try to fight back you won, if she slaps you you got friendzoned again. Ez.

tried and true
sent from my prison-issue ipad

rgslane the trackpad
UKCS Sponsor

Player: mousepad returns
STEAM_0:1:43601753

Postby Aceo on Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:40 pm

rgslane the trackpad wrote:
Enigma wrote:Just kiss her next time you see her. If she doesn't try to fight back you won, if she slaps you you got friendzoned again. Ez.

tried and true
sent from my prison-issue ipad

Don't try this. Definitely harassment to just try kissing someone outside of a romantic/casual scene. Going to the gym, you shouldn't have to try and avoid being kissed.

Aceo
UKCS Sponsor
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Aceo
STEAM_0:1:8775008

Postby Blast on Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:32 pm

A drink or lunch are great places to start! keep it casual, get to know her better and see where things go from there :D
Blast
Old Timer

Player: Blast
STEAM_0:0:55618158

Postby Cotillion on Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:27 am

Casual drink is the best way to go any further i think. If you ask her for lunch or something would be great and you notice probably soon enough if she see's it as a date... or that you are friendzoned...
your personal ignis fatuus
Cotillion
UKCS Admin
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Cotillion \m/
STEAM_0:1:32290831

Postby Little_Devil on Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:20 am

Skilgannon first suggestion for a first contact mission :P

Then make it a regular thing if she is willing, you will soon get to know whether either you or she will want to take it to the next level, as in going out. :)
Little_Devil
Exec. Admin (Retired)

Player: Aurora
STEAM_0:1:6431437

Return to Thinkers Topics