In The News/ Political fallout -Gaza - Ukraine

This forum is for posting meaningful and serious ideas and questions. Can be about interests, observations or serious matters of the world. If it doesn't fit that category, don't post here! Serious posts only.

In The News/ Political fallout -Gaza - Ukraine

Postby Little_Devil on Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:26 am

A pretty hot topic I know, but sensible viewpoints without racism are welcome.

These 2 conflicts are pretty much top of the news with regards to conflicts, and just last week we had someone spray the following on the server, which resulted in some saying it was wrong to do so, however with something that is so contentious as the plight of people in Gaza, is it really so bad ?

We see all types of art put put a point of view across,that is not always welcome by some. and is seen as down right inflammatory by others. You cannot have items such as gay rights on the forum and yet shy away from political and human rights with such conflicts as these.

Today in the news we had Baroness Warsi resigning over this countries stance about Gaza, and you can see why when you look at how much David Cameron has got on his high horse about the Ukraine, and helping to dish out sanctions against Russia, whilst saying very little about Gaza.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-28656874
Foreign Office minister Baroness Warsi has resigned from the government, saying its policy on the crisis in Gaza is "morally indefensible".

I completely agree, and In fact the whole group of EU politicians that are lambasting the Russians, and rightly so imho, are saying little about Israel and the Palestinians.
They are so quick to scream Human Rights and War Crimes when it comes to the Ukraine, but do not shout loud enough about killing children, whilst the murderers say we will look into it, then kill even more.

Isn't it about time someone stood up and said enough to the Israelis, yes once upon a time someone did something nasty to you, so why are you acting in the same way ?

Gaza is an area of land that has been isolated from the rest of the world, through blockades for many years, and yet because the Yanks support Israel, no one has said, hey can you remember Warsaw, where a city was ringed of with German troops, and Jewish fighters were killing off German soldiers from within that blockade. Yes it is different in some ways, but transpose Warsaw to modern times or Gaza to be surrounded by Storm troopers, and then make your own comparisons. Israel is, historically, made up of an invading force, forging their own country from someone else's land and circling an area to keep the original citizens as prisoners.

Hamas has been blamed for hurling rockets into Israel, and I am sure that if rockets had been available in Warsaw, the Jews would have done the same. Isn't it about time Israel was made to toe the line and stop being belligerent now, and let people live there lives in peace. You cannot moan and whine about the past, whilst in the present be the antagonists

Our political leaders need to be even handed and fair. You cannot say we are truly multicultural, until you can support each of your citizens no matter what part of the world they come from, it is just cynicism and lies by a Government that is not fit to rule. Mind you the Conservatives have always shown they are just lapdogs to the Yanks, down boy, you can't say that, or look I have my hand up now you say this. :P :)
Little_Devil
Exec. Admin (Retired)

Player: Aurora
STEAM_0:1:6431437

Re: In The News/ Political fallout -Gaza - Ukraine

Postby Shuriken on Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:32 am

Double standards?

That's a paddlin'
This is my sandvich. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My sandvich is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my sandvich is useless. Without my sandvich, I am useless. I must eat my sandvich true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy, who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will. Before lunch I swear this creed: my sandvich and myself are defenders of my country, we are the masters of our enemy, we are the saviors of my life. So be it, until there is no enemy, but sandvich. Om nom.

Shuriken
Old Timer

Player: `_´ HaemoGobliN `_´
STEAM_0:1:5456922

Postby Slavechild on Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:09 pm

I think online games are the wrong place to make these statements due to the variation of nationalities and beliefs from player to player. I personally don't have a view on the conflict or any emotions towards it as it doesn't directly effect me but that doesn't mean I will not try to understand the sides and what's going on.
Magical Facebook Fairy wrote:Image
Slavechild
Home Member

Player: Slavechild
STEAM_0:1:26412177

Postby m0lineux on Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:58 pm

I agree with SlaveChild, as i have not been directly affected by the goings on around the world and the politics behind various conflicts i personally don't have an opinion on the matter. However i do believe that images such as the one you've shown us shouldn't be tolerated on any of our servers. UKCS provides a platform for gamers of every background to come together and play the games they enjoy playing and should be allowed to do so without having their beliefs or disbelief ridiculed by insensitive images which clearly are being used to upset/ offend.
m0lineux
UKCS Admin

Player: Tickler
STEAM_0:1:2177441

Postby Enigma on Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:24 pm

When Palestinians shoot rockets at Israel there's barely any news. But when the big bad Israel retaliates everybody is going ape shit. Stay classy Europe.
Enigma
UKCS Sponsor

Player: nice dead server lmao
STEAM_0:1:29505170

Postby EWJ on Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:49 pm

John Lennon. Give peace a chance.

I'm a firm believer of putting the weapons down and talking.

Some say it'll never happen but I say how do you know unless you try.
God is a defect of the human genome.
Earthwormjim hes such a groovy guy,
Earthwormjim he rockets thru the sky,
EWJ
Old Timer
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Mr EWJ ®
STEAM_0:1:3498984

Postby Silkie on Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:52 pm

If they want to tear lumps out of each other then go do it well away from hospitals, schools and other civilians. I've been watching this go on since the early seventies and my late father was stationed in Palestine in the late nineteen forties. It never seems to ever get any better yet the potential for peace exists after all despite Ireland's history and some existing problems it shows once you can get people in positions of influence on both sides willing to talk peace things can improve greatly. In this case though Hamas are unwilling to concede the most important part needed about Israel's very existence and Israel has a duty to deal with the tunnels that are really their main focus.

Old fools with stiff necks letting everyone else bleed for their pride yet again. Depressingly familiar.
"I prefer the company of animals more than the company of humans.
Certainly, a wild animal is cruel.
But to be merciless is the privilege of civilised humans."
Silkie
Experienced Member

Player: Silkie
STEAM_0:0:523712

Postby Little_Devil on Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:06 pm

m0lineux wrote: However i do believe that images such as the one you've shown us shouldn't be tolerated on any of our servers. UKCS provides a platform for gamers of every background to come together and play the games they enjoy playing and should be allowed to do so without having their beliefs or disbelief ridiculed by insensitive images which clearly are being used to upset/ offend.

I agree and as always have instructed admins to take action if anyone complains about such sprays.

I have merely shown it on the forums to show how many feel about the situation, a place where people can discuss these things in a sensible manner, unlike on the servers, where people are already hyped up on adrenalin, and can never portray the meaning of their words in a carefully thought out manner. A picture paints a thousand words, and the interpretation of this is pretty clear, however as far as something like this is concerned, it needs to be part of a debate, rather than a spray intended to disrupt the server.

Silkie wrote: In this case though Hamas are unwilling to concede the most important part needed about Israel's very existence and Israel has a duty to deal with the tunnels that are really their main focus.

Old fools with stiff necks letting everyone else bleed for their pride yet again. Depressingly familiar.

The problem being. it is not just Hamas but double standards all around. Israel talks of peace, whilst expanding their own borders, into Palestinian territories.
As you said stiff necks and dogged intractability on both sides, but then again we all know that.

There are politicians that get enmeshed in conflicts, and yet say nothing about this area, for fear of treading on Yank toes. The USA and the rest of Europe are the root cause of the problem, and yet take no responsibility, if that is the correct word. There were Thousands of displaced Jews after the Second World war, and countries within Europe, and the USA in particular, says, no thanks, we don't want them here, lets tell them they can go to this area, and we can sell them arms to defend themselves. It will give the Arabi population something to think about, since they have been a nuisance since we meddled with them in the first world war and caused strife.

My problem is with the politicians meddling in affairs of different countries and cry about the Russians doing something with Ukraine, whilst ignoring Gaza, and the plight of its citizens.

Thank you for your opinions and feedback. :)
Little_Devil
Exec. Admin (Retired)

Player: Aurora
STEAM_0:1:6431437

Return to Thinkers Topics