Best Keyboard, Mouse and Headset

Discussions about all aspects of technology, what you're doing with it and exchange of ideas and solutions to problems you might be having.

Re: Best Keyboard, Mouse and Headset

Postby Security on Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:27 pm

That reminds me of Bioshock but it also looks like it would be absolutely horrible to type on as well.
Security
Experienced Member
Honorary UKCS Member
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Security
STEAM_0:0:8446840

Postby sweetamber92 on Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:28 pm

i wrote a critical case studdy on datamancers stuff its soo perty
sweetamber92
UKCS Sponsor
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Sweetamber92
STEAM_0:0:27295044

Postby Shuriken on Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:20 am

They're not too bad to type on but they're nowhere near as sturdy as they look :(

Edit: Can't recommend Pioneer HDJ-500's for headphones enough. Sexy sounds, shame it doesn't come with a mic but they're studio headphones. Though the HDJ-500T does have a mic, I think you can exchange the wires, more investigation must be done! In any event, great headphones.
This is my sandvich. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My sandvich is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my sandvich is useless. Without my sandvich, I am useless. I must eat my sandvich true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy, who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will. Before lunch I swear this creed: my sandvich and myself are defenders of my country, we are the masters of our enemy, we are the saviors of my life. So be it, until there is no enemy, but sandvich. Om nom.

Shuriken
Old Timer

Player: `_´ HaemoGobliN `_´
STEAM_0:1:5456922

Postby heuji on Thu Mar 01, 2012 8:29 am

Shuriken wrote:Edit: Can't recommend Pioneer HDJ-500's for headphones enough. Sexy sounds, shame it doesn't come with a mic but they're studio headphones.

i 100% agree with this type of headphone purchase. having tried a few gaming headphones i've found they just aren't of the same all-round sound quality as a good pair of 'studio' type headphones. i kept going back to my Sony MDR-V300 headphones, i bought for using with decks, after each gaming headset purchase. they may be much better now as this was a couple of years back, but still, major name brands have years experience producing sound equipment.
i ended up upgrading my MDR-V300 for a pair of MDR-XB700's and havent looked back since. ok, you have to use a stand-alone mic, but, it's a small price to pay. i see people paying £100+ for gaming headsets and can't help cringe to think what the output range and response sensitivity is like...
from Play.com (ok, so a little basic, but you get the idea):
i paid £100 for mine, they're now down to £63 there http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electro ... oduct.html
you'd be pushed to find a decent gaming set anywhere near as close to the quality of these for the price, and stand-alone mics are cheap. [edit: and stop using on-board sound! ...if you do. one of the biggest sound performance boosts is right there, and even a cheap card will be 10 x better. no point having a Ferrari with a 2-stroke engine driving it ;)]
as for keyboard; i'm still using a saitek eclipse i've had for years. not brilliant, but, does the job. quite tempted to give the mech ones a go having read a lot of comments here.
☁ every cloud has a silver lining, it's called rain! ☁
heuji
UKCS Sponsor

Player: heuji
STEAM_0:0:5401050

Postby Silkie on Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:28 pm

I had a Saitek Eclipse for a few years and it was a lovely keyboard until it wore out. I prefer simple keyboards without a wealth of extra buttons but do like lighted keys and so for a replacement I sprung for a Qpad MK80. It's a tough brute and like all mechanical keyboards is quite physically heavy. The keys aren't too noisy but I like clicky boards anyway.

I recently replaced my old Mouse (Logitech MX518) with Logitech G400 which even calls itself the new MX518 on the box. It's very similar but with a better sensor although I do have one little niggle that I need to fix. The wheel has a bit of a ridge on one part which I'm going to have to carefully sand down as it's causing a sort of jump back on scrolling sometimes. Still it's not by any means expensive and best of all Windows picks it up and needs no drivers to use the sensitivity adjustment functions.
"I prefer the company of animals more than the company of humans.
Certainly, a wild animal is cruel.
But to be merciless is the privilege of civilised humans."
Silkie
Experienced Member

Player: Silkie
STEAM_0:0:523712

Postby Shuriken on Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:16 pm

Hah thanks Silkie, after last nights random button clicking I decided it was time to buy a new mouse. I used to use a MX518 in the technology center here and it was always good for TF2 so I'm already sold on the G400 lol

Oooh and it's only £26 on amazon at the moment :D
This is my sandvich. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My sandvich is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my sandvich is useless. Without my sandvich, I am useless. I must eat my sandvich true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy, who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will. Before lunch I swear this creed: my sandvich and myself are defenders of my country, we are the masters of our enemy, we are the saviors of my life. So be it, until there is no enemy, but sandvich. Om nom.

Shuriken
Old Timer

Postby Beckod on Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:46 pm

Thought I would join in and post mine!

Mouse - Razer Deathadder. It's awesome! Havnt had it long but its so sexy ^^
Previous mouse was the Razer Salmosa which was perfect for about 5-6 years!

Keyboard - Steelseries Merc Stealth.. I love this keyboard :P I bought it purely for the additional dedicated keys on the left and the prettyness of the purple glow! <3
It was easy to get used to but hopefully I don't destroy it and go back to the original layout, that's the only downside.. and plus, it's quite big ^^

Headset - PINK steelseries siberia v2. awaiting delivery! so excited hehe ^^
I shall post some pictures :]

Beckod
Recruit Member

Player: Beckod
STEAM_0:0:20206739

Postby nevvy on Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:39 am

I look at this thread every 6 months or so and think "i should buy a headset". I've never, ever had one! I've got a set of mission speakers i got off ebay for cheap and a soundmax superbeam microphone (came free with an old motherboard) plugged into my gaming pc. I bought the speakers for listening to music, but they are adequate enough for gaming i think. I think the mic is the reason it sounds like i'm underwater!

I'll consider a purchase next time i get paid...

I've got a cheap MS keyboard and a logitech G500 if anyone is interested... pictures available on google; my desk is a mess!

Standing on the point since beta Retired pointstander
nevvy
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: Nevvy
STEAM_0:0:5372127

Postby The-Monk on Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:59 pm

Beckod wrote:Thought I would join in and post mine!

Mouse - Razer Deathadder. It's awesome! Havnt had it long but its so sexy ^^
Previous mouse was the Razer Salmosa which was perfect for about 5-6 years!

Keyboard - Steelseries Merc Stealth.. I love this keyboard :P I bought it purely for the additional dedicated keys on the left and the prettyness of the purple glow! <3
It was easy to get used to but hopefully I don't destroy it and go back to the original layout, that's the only downside.. and plus, it's quite big ^^

Headset - PINK steelseries siberia v2. awaiting delivery! so excited hehe ^^
I shall post some pictures :]

The Steelseries Merc is truly an awesome keyboard. I use the basic version without the LEDs and I live it. I couldn't imagine going back to a normal keyboard again.
*I could watch Bieber get shot all day*
The-Monk
UKCS Sponsor
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: The Monk
STEAM_0:1:19305931

Postby Shuriken on Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:56 am

Been using a SteelSeries 4H since I built my new rig and it's scored almost perfect marks in my book. Comfy, generous adjustability for those who have lots of hair or a big skull, excellent quality sound (almost as good as Pioneer HDJ's), retractable mic, inline volume and mic switch and best of all it's relatively cheap.

Logitech g105 keyboard has been serving me really well too. Really simple macro key config, full size layout and backlit keys are all nice but the key thing for me is how solid it feels. It may not be the quietest keyboard around but it's still pretty kickass. The only downside is the branding of MW3 on the top lol, but the g110 is a more customisable version of the same keyboard.

Shuriken
Old Timer

Postby Phoenicia on Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:42 pm

What you use doesn't matter too much, as long as you know how to use it effectively. I currently use:
- Logitech G9x Mouse
- Logitech K120 (cheap $20 keyboard)
- Turtle Beach X12s (typically not bad, but they're 5.1 speakers and are relatively expensive. I think I could've swapped these out for something better for the price)
Phoenicia

Player: Pho
STEAM_0:0:5180655

Postby Salva on Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:44 pm

my poker II arrived today, wee bit of a size difference to the steelseries shift i was using before, HELLLLLOOOOOOO desk space!

Salva
Always remember kids it's Unspecified's Salva's fault!
Salva
UKCS Life Sponsor
UKCS iSeries Attendee
UKCS Rentboy

Player: Salva
STEAM_0:1:492410

Postby Shuriken on Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:11 am

Looking at that it feels like I've lost half of my right arm, I'd be lost without a numpad :( Enjoy that desk space though lol XD

Shuriken
Old Timer

Postby EWJ on Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:22 pm

Reminds me of the keyboards that came/were the Spectrum 48k.
God is a defect of the human genome.
Earthwormjim hes such a groovy guy,
Earthwormjim he rockets thru the sky,
EWJ
Old Timer
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Mr EWJ ®
STEAM_0:1:3498984

Postby Salva on Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:49 am

Its such a brilliant wee keyboard, so satisfying to type on and every key is programmable, so i can tweak so much and put any key anywhere really.

Arrow keys are fn + wasd but they can be rebound so its just a case of getting used to a 2 key press rather than one, as for the numpad i only ever used in when typing in phone numbers or my bank card really, so no big loss there.

Ive also rebound the windows key to a second fn key so i now have one at either side of the keyboard and they have both been replaced by bright red keys so i cant miss them!
Salva
Always remember kids it's Unspecified's Salva's fault!
Salva
UKCS Life Sponsor
UKCS iSeries Attendee
UKCS Rentboy

Player: Salva
STEAM_0:1:492410

Previous

Return to PC World, Technology and Gadgets