Honestly i was hoping someone a bit more qualified then me would have started a thread like this, but maby the pro's wanna share some tips with us later?
Anyway, gona start off with some simple things, will be adding a bit as time passes too. Now, bring us your tips!
Windows 7 keyboard/mouse shortcuts
- Using the mouse you can drag windows to either side of the screen, or you can drag them up top to maximise them.
- Win+Left Arrow and Win+Right Arrow: Dock the window to the left and right side of the screen.
- Win+Up Arrow and Win+Down Arrow: Maximize and restore/minimize.
- Win+M: Minimizes everything.
- Alt+Up, Alt+Left Arrow, Alt+Right Arrow: Navigate to parent folder, or browse Back and Forward through folders in Explorer/Firefox and Opera.
- Win+Home: Minimizes/restores all open windows except the active window.
- Alt+Win+#: Accesses the Jump List of program number ‘#’ on the taskbar.
- Alt+P: Display/ hide the Explorer preview panel.
- Win+G: Display gadgets in front of other windows.
- Win+(plus key): Zoom in, where appropriate.
- Win+(minus key): Zoom out, where appropriate.
- Win+D, Win+Space: Show desktop.
- Ctrl+click taskbar program: Open programs at the taskbar as administrator.
- Win+T: And you move the focus to the left-most icon on the taskbar. Then use your arrow keys to change the focus to other icons.
- Mouse Rightclick/Mouse leftclick+drag upwards taskbar program: Opens the program jumplist.
- Shift+Mouse Rightclick: Gives extended 'send to' options.
Rearranging system tray icons:
- You can reorder the tray icons as you want. Put the icons you dont need to keep an eye on outside the tray by dragging them into the 'hidden icons' menu, or the other way around. You can also press the 'hidden icons' arrow and customize further.
Add folders to favourites:
- To add folders to the 'Windows explorer' favourites simply navigate to the folder in explorer, then on the left side of navigation rightclick favourites and 'add to favourites'. Image example. Now you get quick access to your favourite folders when doing 'file > save as' and uploading to 'UKCS uploader'.
Adjust screen text with clear type:
- Use cleartype tuner to get the best possible text look on your monitor. 'Start > Search box > cttune.exe'
- To calibrate the colors go 'Start > Search box > dccw.exe'. Here you can adjust gamma, brightness, contrast and color balance.
Edit 'hosts' file win7:
- Hosts file is located in 'C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc' as before. Now to edit the hosts file, 'Start > Search box > notepad > right click the file > open as administrator'. Then You are free to open up the hosts file, and edit as you wish.
Websites with tips listed: