SATA Western Digital Raptor or not to Raptor?

Discussions about all aspects of technology, what you're doing with it and exchange of ideas and solutions to problems you might be having.

Postby La Chavvy on Mon May 02, 2005 10:28 am

LuckyNV wrote:
La Chavvy wrote:If I was to buy the HDD in OEM version I wouldnt probably get those disks would I? So should I go for the retail version?

the drivers should come with the motherboard, if you don't have them, you can download from the website.

But if this was a brand new computer built from scratch I couldnt load the OS since the HDD was not recognized by the Mobo?

I guess I will buy the retail anyway.

La Chavvy
UKCS Sponsor

Player: La Chavvy
STEAM_0:1:1281267

Postby LuckyNV on Mon May 02, 2005 11:19 am

La Chavvy wrote:
LuckyNV wrote:
La Chavvy wrote:If I was to buy the HDD in OEM version I wouldnt probably get those disks would I? So should I go for the retail version?

the drivers should come with the motherboard, if you don't have them, you can download from the website.

But if this was a brand new computer built from scratch I couldnt load the OS since the HDD was not recognized by the Mobo?

I guess I will buy the retail anyway.

you can, when you install from the CD, you will get a prompt "Press F6 to install drivers for SCSI/RAID device" or something similar.

Press F6, then install the drivers from the floppy, and yes it needs to be floppy disk.

Retail or OEM you need to do this if yo uare to install to a SATA/RAID/SCSI device, some controllers have the drivers present within the Windows XP database, but it is rare, and in most cases you need to install your own drivers.
LuckyNV
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: LNV IS HE MAD?!
STEAM_0:1:4677295

Postby kuma on Mon May 02, 2005 12:03 pm

Also make sure the SATA option in the BIOS is enabled
kuma
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Kuma
STEAM_0:0:5256029

Postby La Chavvy on Mon May 02, 2005 12:11 pm

Ok thanks for you support!

Im buying it in june so still a lot of time, bascically got exams just now and buying the rest of my PC to build after it, around June. :)

La Chavvy
UKCS Sponsor

Player: La Chavvy
STEAM_0:1:1281267

Previous

Return to PC World, Technology and Gadgets