My Orange Contract is up soon...

Discussions about all aspects of technology, what you're doing with it and exchange of ideas and solutions to problems you might be having.

My Orange Contract is up soon...

Postby MittinsKittens on Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:15 am

Hey, My phone contract is about to run out (within this month or the next) and seeing as this is my first contract phone I'm wondering two things (one stems off the other).
1. Will I still keep paying for the pay for the contract every month after its over? or do they simply just stop.
2. If DO keep taking my money, How do I cancel it because I'm not sure I want I want a contract phone, or if I do, I want to start shopping around for a good contract.

Sorry to make a post here about it, but I'm having a look on the Orange website and I can't see anything about it, I can only see ways to upgrade and I'm the first person in this house to have a contract phone so there's no point asking my Brothers/Sisters/Parents.
Last edited by MittinsKittens on Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MittinsKittens
UKCS Sponsor
Official Pie Watcher
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: MittinsKittens ♥
STEAM_0:0:16655903

Re: My Orange Contract is up soon...

Postby MrsSekhmet on Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:42 am

Call customer service. They know it all.
In the Netherlands, your account keeps going if you do not end it a month before the end date. If you are to late or forgot it you have to pay it for a whole new year. But this is in the Netherlands.

You might also have a terms of agreement paper that you received with your contract. You can find it on that.

I am so glamorous i piss glitter and sh*t stardust

My life is a constant struggle between being bored and being lazy.
MrsSekhmet
Senior Admin
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Sekh
STEAM_0:1:40186891

Postby syco cocker on Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:42 am

The answer is yes they will keep charging until you cancel, you need to contact them as soon as possible & say you want to cancel at the end of the contract period, make sure you write down the name of the person you are talking to & ask for confirmation either as email or letter.
I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandad
not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car.
syco cocker
Senior Admin

Player: syco cocker
STEAM_0:0:11836468

Postby ApacheFlame on Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:46 am

You need to tell them you want to cancel otherwise you will continue to take money from you

You can often get a good deal from them if you tell them you want to cancel as they want to keep you as a customer!

You may be able to do this instore as I know you dont like talking on the phone much.
The Programmers Mantra: Declare Variables, not War.

ApacheFlame
Exec. Admin (Retired)
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Apache
STEAM_0:1:27288431

Postby MittinsKittens on Thu Jan 12, 2012 12:56 pm

Thanks guys. Shall make my way down to Orange store soon then since as Apache said, I can't stand using the phone. Its such a pain in the arse because I can barely hear the people speaking let alone deal with being shifted around and having to deal with trying to give details over the phone xD
MittinsKittens
UKCS Sponsor
Official Pie Watcher
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: MittinsKittens ♥
STEAM_0:0:16655903

Postby nevvy on Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:22 pm

im with orange and i've got more help over the phone in the past. my friend is manager of my local orange shop (woo for discount) and he always advises me to phone because the people on the phone have more power to offer discount.

before phoning or going into the shop, make sure you look around and decide what phone you want, and how much it costs on another network. if you say "i'm leaving because o2/vodafone/3 offer an amazing deal and say what it is", they may offer to match it, or at least give you some money off. its always worth a try

Standing on the point since beta Retired pointstander
nevvy
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: Nevvy
STEAM_0:0:5372127

Postby Garner on Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:52 pm

I would phone them to discuss the deals that they can offer you. If you wanted to keep the same number abut move networks (3 / three is a good network to be on), you simply need to request the PAC (port authorosing code) and tell this to your new network provider when taking out a contract. They will generate you a SIM with the same number as your old one.

However, long standing customers of any network will offer discounts in price / better phones or better deals if you say "i am thinking about other networks as they provide more". This generally works, so think about what you require before calling and see what they can do. Orange aren't as popular as other networks so customer retention is generally their aim, so most of the time they will go the extra mile to retain you, which is only in your favour :)
Currently mapping: pl_range
Version: pre_alpha / design stage

Garner
UKCS Sponsor
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Garneя:_
STEAM_0:0:13764377

Return to PC World, Technology and Gadgets