Visual issue

Discussions about all aspects of technology, what you're doing with it and exchange of ideas and solutions to problems you might be having.

Visual issue

Postby DeanX on Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:54 pm

Guys need abit of advice/help.

for a few weeks now ive noticed my display is not looking properly, its hard to explain but its like light white bands flowing down the screen, i notice it most of the time and even more in games. Any idea what the issue could be? ive not noticed major fps issues but there as been quite of bit of lag on occasions that im not firmiliar with. Also in need to restore my pc but my vista disk decides it dont wont to work after only a few uses and microsoft wont replace it.
*UKCS Old School*
DeanX
UKCS Admin

Player: DeanX
STEAM_0:0:4858412

Re: Visual issue

Postby Ragonz on Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:40 am

take out gfx card from machine, plug monitor into onboard videa (Assuming you have onboard) if problem is no longer there you have a dying gfx card, rma it if in warranty if not buy a new one

If you are uncomfortable with doing this my company can help, send me a PM for more info.
Asus Sabertooth X58 Motherboard | I7 -950 @ 5.2Ghz | Crucial 18GB 1600Mhz Ballistix memory | Saphire HD7970 | Coolermaster 700W PSU | Watercooled

Xfire - Ragonz
Steam Rush Evo
http://www.Pingperfect.com
Ragonz
Home Member
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: -=TSH=-Ragonz
STEAM_0:1:2842690

Re: Visual issue

Postby Little_Devil on Tue Feb 14, 2012 5:13 am

Could be different problems, which monitor do you have ?

This sounds like beat frequency scan lines travelling down the screen.

What happens when you turn sync on and off ?
Little_Devil
Exec. Admin (Retired)

Player: Aurora
STEAM_0:1:6431437

Return to PC World, Technology and Gadgets