New gaming mouse needed!

Discussions about all aspects of technology, what you're doing with it and exchange of ideas and solutions to problems you might be having.

New gaming mouse needed!

Postby Blast on Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:53 am

Hey guys I'm finally going to buy something half decent! I've been looking at the cyborg R.A.T 7, as I've heard the 9 is the same but wired (wired doesn't bother me). I use a cyborg keyboard and it's very comfy. I don't have a price range at all, are there any others I should be checking out too?

Much love
Blast
Old Timer

Player: Blast
STEAM_0:0:55618158

Re: New gaming mouse needed!

Postby Shuriken on Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:26 am

The R.A.T 7 is really comfortable, the only trouble I find with them is that while they're big they're not a particularly good fit for a big hand for long use sessions. If you've not got large palms I'd go for that
This is my sandvich. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My sandvich is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my sandvich is useless. Without my sandvich, I am useless. I must eat my sandvich true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy, who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will. Before lunch I swear this creed: my sandvich and myself are defenders of my country, we are the masters of our enemy, we are the saviors of my life. So be it, until there is no enemy, but sandvich. Om nom.

Shuriken
Old Timer

Player: `_´ HaemoGobliN `_´
STEAM_0:1:5456922

Postby Blast on Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:33 am

I've got rather big hands and I use a big ass Microsoft mouse at the moment, I'm looking for something more responsive, I've heard the rat 7 can break fairly easily(just from what I've read online) also I've heard you can download a plugin for WoW for the rat7 which could be handy if anyone has used it?
Blast
Old Timer

Postby Shuriken on Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:51 am

The one I've used belongs to a friend who's a WoW addict lol, I'll ask him for a full review with WoW in mind as I'm sure he uses the plugin. You might find the side wheel to be in a bit of an awkward position with your hands, but i've never really had to use it intensely. He did smash one of the buttons during a raidrage moment but he's obliterated so many mice it's a wonder he hasn't got some kind of award lol. Responsiveness and weight adjustment are great in it though.
This is my sandvich. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My sandvich is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my sandvich is useless. Without my sandvich, I am useless. I must eat my sandvich true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy, who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will. Before lunch I swear this creed: my sandvich and myself are defenders of my country, we are the masters of our enemy, we are the saviors of my life. So be it, until there is no enemy, but sandvich. Om nom.

Shuriken
Old Timer

Player: `_´ HaemoGobliN `_´
STEAM_0:1:5456922

Postby Blast on Mon Jan 07, 2013 8:34 am

I took the risk and got the rat7 Saturday after hunting all over Brighton for it. All I can say is wow! This mouse is perfect for me, with very little adjusting it fits my hand perfectly. The sensitivity button takes some getting used to as by default it seems like it should require a little less force to use. But I'm sure that's something ill get used to as its new to me. The software is so easy to use and set up. I would strongly recommend this product if you're willing to spend a little more on something!
Blast
Old Timer

Postby Phoenicia on Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:10 pm

You definitely want the Logitech G9x. Very responsive, comfortable, and reaches a DPI of 5000. I currently have it and I wouldn't choose anything else over it.
Phoenicia

Player: Pho
STEAM_0:0:5180655

Postby moe_guays on Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:32 pm

I use the Gygabyte M6900 Optical Gaming Mouse.... Its a nice all-round mouse

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gigabyte-M6900-Optical-Gaming-Mouse/dp/B004H4CGHU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1357594218&sr=8-1
Image Image Image Image
-- UKCS Profile -------- Add me on Steam --------- Follow on Twitter -- Add on Facebook-
:coffee: UKCS CS:S Admin :coffee: UKCS TF2 Admin :coffee:
I'm also in charge of the maps you see on CS:S, If you find a map you feel will suit our UKCS servers then please post a link to the map Here. Alternatively apply to be on the map test team Here.
Happy Gaming :!:
moe_guays
Experienced Member

Player: ☠Moe
STEAM_0:1:28237563

Postby just annoying boo on Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:01 pm

WOW, I had no idea what a R.A.T was - looks like the terminator / Arnie lost a hand ^^ (I use a £3 mouse from Tesco which is why I am so crap ^^)
just annoying boo
Home Member

Player: boo
STEAM_0:1:4062232

Return to PC World, Technology and Gadgets