Might need a tablet PC

Discussions about all aspects of technology, what you're doing with it and exchange of ideas and solutions to problems you might be having.

Re: Might need a tablet PC

Postby Little_Devil on Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:44 am

I'm in the oldest age group here at UKCS

Welcome to the club :P I find the older generation just as much if not more in tune with modern technology, because they have lived with rapid changing technology all through their lives. Although the first transistor radios came out in the 1950's it wasn't until the 1960's they were common place items, so that you could say we have gone from a transistor radio to hand held TV's and communication devices over a space of 50 years :) in comparison kids these days have gone from a digital computer to a digital hand held TV, not much of a range when you think about it. :)

The biggest problem with any consumer is perceived worth of goods, over and above the service backup, and this is not down to age, although the older generation tend to stick with a product range they can trust. :)
Little_Devil
Exec. Admin (Retired)

Player: Aurora
STEAM_0:1:6431437

Postby Silkie on Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:16 pm

The sad part is how much computer tech from down the ages I still own. My CMB64 is lurking in a cupboard somewhere so I really ought to sort it all out for a photo opportunity along with all the other stuff that should have been sold years ago.
"I prefer the company of animals more than the company of humans.
Certainly, a wild animal is cruel.
But to be merciless is the privilege of civilised humans."
Silkie
Experienced Member

Player: Silkie
STEAM_0:0:523712

Postby Little_Devil on Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:13 pm

Ah I know that feeling BBC micro sat in loft, along side Matrox 80286 SBC :P
Little_Devil
Exec. Admin (Retired)

Player: Aurora