windows 10

Discussions about all aspects of technology, what you're doing with it and exchange of ideas and solutions to problems you might be having.

Re: windows 10

Postby Dauntless on Thu Sep 03, 2015 3:25 pm

Gave up with the issues I was having and went back to windows 7. Life's good once more.
Dauntless
Senior Admin

Player: Dauntless
STEAM_0:1:19137211

Postby Little_Devil on Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:48 am

moe_guays wrote:I had it about a few weeks before it stated playing up with no fixes working.... Then my key wouldn't work anymore so I had to contact Microsoft twice to get it all sorted. The only way this could be done was to wipe my entire drive and start again :( ....

Why can't Microsoft release software that works?

You are jesting of course.

I haven't installed it, just downloaded for now. I have seen far too many reports of this O.S. not working properly and can see no reason for it. Surely MS can do more than to release unfinished products onto the market, then expect users to furnish them with data to fix. Its like going to VW, errm think I better choose a different car there :) say a Ferrari, wait no that's too up market. A tricycle, supplying a front wheel without a tyre, and only having 4 spokes in each of the other wheels. Then saying to the customer, what's wrong it looks like a tricycle, sort of.

I suppose they have given it away free to the unsuspecting, to use them to perfect an O.S. then sell it at a later date at an overinflated price to those who decided that M.S. are only needed to fulfil someone elses wishes.
Little_Devil
Exec. Admin (Retired)

Player: Aurora
STEAM_0:1:6431437

Postby renegade_master on Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:48 am

how does alienware handle this upgrade? Ive had windows updates before that fked up my desktop, so not really keen on anything windows to be honest. any alienware users tried this upgrade yet and have you had any problems? busy at work atm, so if you can drop me a bump PM if i get a reply thats helpful.. please, thanks in advance.

Rene
renegade_master
Home Member

Player: Renegade_Master
STEAM_0:1:8405460

Postby Tar'el on Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:37 am

I have a Alienware laptop.... had a few issues to begin with but nothing mentally major but those have been ironed out with updates. My only gripe at the moment is if i am watching a "film online" i get video lag for a split second and it carries on but i think that is more of a flash issue than anything else.... I will be honest though I can't get used to Windows 10 don't like the feel of it so I am thinking about going back to Windows 7 lol

Tar'el
UKCS Admin

Player: Tar'el
STEAM_0:1:13705543

Postby Dauntless on Mon Nov 16, 2015 7:43 pm

Ditto^^ the only difference between me and Tar'el is I've already rolled back to 7.

Not sure if the issues I had related to my Alienware laptop or not, either way I just didn't like 10 with or without the issues I kept getting.
Dauntless
Senior Admin

Player: Dauntless
STEAM_0:1:19137211

Postby Tar'el on Tue Nov 17, 2015 4:03 pm

Dauntless wrote:Ditto^^ the only difference between me and Tar'el is I've already rolled back to 7.

Not sure if the issues I had related to my Alienware laptop or not, either way I just didn't like 10 with or without the issues I kept getting.

The Latest update really annoyed me and broke a load of things so I wiped my HDD and put windows 7 back on.... ahh this feels so much better and cleaner :D :D

Tar'el
UKCS Admin

Player: Tar'el
STEAM_0:1:13705543

Postby renegade_master on Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:23 pm

think ill keep the free upgrade in the corner for now.
renegade_master
Home Member

Player: Renegade_Master
STEAM_0:1:8405460

Previous

Return to PC World, Technology and Gadgets