Moto G USB port broken

Discussions about all aspects of technology, what you're doing with it and exchange of ideas and solutions to problems you might be having.

Moto G USB port broken

Postby Silkie on Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:55 pm

That will teach me not to tug the charger out of the phone. :( It can still charge on the original USB lead so it's not doomed but some of it is gone and thus the lead can fall out a bit easily.

Has anyone of you other Moto G owners (quite a few here I know) had to have one repaired? If anyone can give me a rough idea of the cost as of course the sods out of warranty.
"I prefer the company of animals more than the company of humans.
Certainly, a wild animal is cruel.
But to be merciless is the privilege of civilised humans."
Silkie
Experienced Member

Player: Silkie
STEAM_0:0:523712

Re: Moto G USB port broken

Postby Synaphix on Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:57 pm

If you have the tools and know-how you can do it yourself for around £3 however, most places I know who do the repairs via post are usually around £30-50 with postage. Some local shops in my area do it for £30 so you should check any shops in your area if someone does it.
Interested in joining the CSGO Admin team? Apply here or inbox me if you are a current UKCS Admin.
Synaphix
Executive Admin

Player: Synaphix
STEAM_0:1:36281577

Postby Silkie on Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:55 pm

Well I still have my fine tip soldering iron and a craft magnifying lamp so I guess it's worth a shot if I can't get a reasonable quote. If it fails I guess that's an excuse for the Moto X Play I've been looking it, do like the sound of that battery life.
"I prefer the company of animals more than the company of humans.
Certainly, a wild animal is cruel.
But to be merciless is the privilege of civilised humans."
Silkie
Experienced Member

Player: Silkie
STEAM_0:0:523712

Postby Synaphix on Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:16 pm

Sounds good. These can be picked up also secondhand for around £50 (sold mine for that as no one offered more) so if the repair is obviously too expensive then you could try getting some cash as a damaged phone towards the new one. I checked a quote today and it was £30 with P+P on it for the repair.
Interested in joining the CSGO Admin team? Apply here or inbox me if you are a current UKCS Admin.
Synaphix
Executive Admin

Player: Synaphix
STEAM_0:1:36281577

Return to PC World, Technology and Gadgets