restarting,

Discussions about all aspects of technology, what you're doing with it and exchange of ideas and solutions to problems you might be having.

Postby Little_Devil on Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:21 pm

ƒookin ßomboclaat!!™ wrote:i had that . and it was relating to the nforce chipsets and audigy2. i updated to a zs and kept my break out box . voila. sorted

got same sceams and everything. creative aint as good as they used to be

people dis windows but actually most os's suffer these issue but its blown up as windows is the more mainstream os solution

Snap me too as far as the nforce is concerned., I uninstalled the driver and whent back to an earlier set, everything has been fine since.
Little_Devil
Exec. Admin (Retired)

Player: Aurora
STEAM_0:1:6431437

Postby ˜-Krom-˜ on Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:02 am

Ahh, glad i found this forum. Due to popular belief, usually the reason comps crash running windows with no conflicts is due to RAM. I've had these problems before many times, did EVERYTHING i could think of and it always turned out to be RAM... god damn RAM!
I am 52% addicted to Counterstrike. What about you?
˜-Krom-˜
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Krom
STEAM_0:0:7659829

Postby ˜-Krom-˜ on Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:03 am

But yeah, check your ram out, if you have two sticks, take one out, run the machine, then swap'em and let me know what happens.
˜-Krom-˜
UKCS Sponsor

Postby bhowarth on Fri Jun 24, 2005 8:16 am

It doesnt really look like there are any processes running that could cause any real problem

I would just make the standard suggestion make sure your PC is up to date preform a windows update and update your main drivers sound card video card etc.

I would also suggest closing down ABIT uGuru software (not permantly) dont know this actually software although i do know that it monitors your mobo there are some of these monitors that close down the PC if the fans are two slow or the CPU temp is too high in order to protect the hardware with the weather at the moment it could simply be that your Computuers temp (as defined in the software) has hit its limits and the software is turning your computer of to protect it

bhowarth
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: bhowarth
STEAM_0:0:4008755

Postby Energizer_Bat on Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:29 am

If the os is xp pro then u can use msconfig in start->Run, this will show u all the programs that r starting up when u boot up the machine!

In msconfig u should untick all the programs that r not important (e.g. nerocheck, etc...),
This may stop whatever program is crashing ur system!

If this does solve the problem then u should re-enable all the unticked programs and systematically untick and restart the pc to determine which program is causing the problem!

If ur running xp home then u can download the msconfig utility for it!

good luck! :)

ON the matter of the nforce chipset, it can't hurt to update that could also fix the problem if it is a memory problem!
Energizer_Bat

Postby ˜-Krom-˜ on Sat Jun 25, 2005 7:10 pm

Very nice post Bat! I used it and wow, I never knew about that!
Thanks man, you own =))
˜-Krom-˜
UKCS Sponsor

Postby Energizer_Bat on Mon Jun 27, 2005 2:31 pm

A thank u! i can only try! :)
Energizer_Bat

Previous

Return to PC World, Technology and Gadgets