Can't play .Avi files :S

Discussions about all aspects of technology, what you're doing with it and exchange of ideas and solutions to problems you might be having.

Postby Kirbo on Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:51 pm

lol love hina is teh pwnage XD
think ill go watch sum now
Kirbo
Home Member

Postby kuma on Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:56 pm

I use AVIcodec it tells you what codecs you need for the .avi file so you can go and serch for them.
kuma
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Kuma
STEAM_0:0:5256029

Postby saggymanboobs on Sat Jul 09, 2005 12:36 pm

lol kuma...last time I gonna post this, because all I'm doing is repeating myself....

AceMegaCodecsPack Will play everything...no more searching for codecs...it comes with g-spot built in, wmp codecs, QT, relamedia and shockwave codecs; media player classic, dr divx, ogg, ogc, acm, ac3, the list goes on. It's easier to list what it doesn't do. And that's just on a standard install...a full install covers a great deal of encoding codecs too.

Try it...you may not need to download another codec ever again...but then again, you might. lol.

Until someone shows me a better one-off free install that covers everything...it's acemegacodecpack for me....

- Saggy

p.s. version 6.01 doesn't like sp2 for xp.
Sarah says: I am indeed, enjoying the big willy so to speak!

Fede said: oh col, gotta tell you this, i had a dream, and you were in it as a mexican wrestler, fully tatooed and with an awesome costume :D
saggymanboobs
UKCS Life Sponsor
Exec. Admin (Retired)

Player: Saggymanboobs
STEAM_0:1:1621139

Postby kuma on Sat Jul 09, 2005 6:52 pm

saggymanboobs wrote:lol kuma...last time I gonna post this, because all I'm doing is repeating myself....

AceMegaCodecsPack Will play everything...no more searching for codecs...it comes with g-spot built in, wmp codecs, QT, relamedia and shockwave codecs; media player classic, dr divx, ogg, ogc, acm, ac3, the list goes on. It's easier to list what it doesn't do. And that's just on a standard install...a full install covers a great deal of encoding codecs too.

Try it...you may not need to download another codec ever again...but then again, you might. lol.

Until someone shows me a better one-off free install that covers everything...it's acemegacodecpack for me....

- Saggy

p.s. version 6.01 doesn't like sp2 for xp.

I agree with you saggy I use acemegacodecs aswell I was just saying I also use this just incase.(and before I found out about AMC)
kuma
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Kuma
STEAM_0:0:5256029

Previous

Return to PC World, Technology and Gadgets