graphics problem

Discussions about all aspects of technology, what you're doing with it and exchange of ideas and solutions to problems you might be having.

graphics problem

Postby looney on Sat Jul 09, 2005 5:26 pm

i have noticed that my graphics look really pixelated, this happened after i installed my 6800gt but i think it was ok until i installed new drivers to run BF2. the models look ok ish close up but looking at a distance it just looks terrible, and the corners of walls are all jagged also. And the textures on some maps just look wrong :(

anyone have an idea of what might be wrong?
this is a screenshot when i was playing dust, it's not very clear but u can get an idea of what it looks like for me along with my uber fps

the only problem i have had with BF2 demo is a complete slowdown sometimes and it refuses to draw some graphics but other than that it is fine with all max settings, i just restart the program and it works fine again

looney
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Ketu
STEAM_0:0:5560457

Postby LuckyNV on Sat Jul 09, 2005 6:20 pm

erm...

just looks like a low res shot to me...

I get that jagged on my 6800GT with 800x600 res and no AA... check your vid settings, source loves to default to 800x600 sometimes (I call it LSE, Lowest Settings Everything :roll: )

also your fps looks poor, try the config that TC posted.

EDIT - use latest drivers from Nvidia, the BF2demo drivers are crap for CSS
LuckyNV
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: LNV IS HE MAD?!
STEAM_0:1:4677295

Postby ƒookin ßomboclaat!!™ on Sun Jul 10, 2005 1:43 pm

got shit loads of choke there aswell man.

drivers may have not intalled properly.

id dload the ones from the site and fook BF2 . i dont know wot ea are playing at telling you to rool back drivers to their prefered 1. they should have developed they game better .

i had similar issues so im fookin off bf2 till they get themselfs sorted

peace
ImageImage
ƒookin ßomboclaat!!™
Old Timer

Player: Rastaman-FB
STEAM_0:1:2712314

Postby Little_Devil on Sun Jul 10, 2005 2:03 pm

ƒookin ßomboclaat!!™ wrote:got shit loads of choke there aswell man.
peace

Too true, you have your rates set badly.

cl_cmdrate is set too high as well as cl_updaterate. Set both of these to around 30.
cl_cmdrate is the data you are sending to the server so is really dependant on your net speed out, but
cl_updaterate if set too high will give you loads of choke. This is usually set to equal your fps, but never lower it to less than 15.

1 further thing is, this is a wide spread fault, since the valve update, and maybe down to that and not your driver.
Just in case it is try getting the drivers from www.guru3d.com
Little_Devil
Exec. Admin (Retired)

Player: Aurora
STEAM_0:1:6431437

Return to PC World, Technology and Gadgets