Serious help needed plz(Direct3d errors)

Problems and solutions for CS, Steam and other Games.
USE MEANINGFUL SUBJECT NAMES ONLY

Serious help needed plz(Direct3d errors)

Postby Disturbed1 on Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:43 pm

Ok im having problems with what seems like my graphics drivers,steam games or directx,im not sure but im annoyed as it was working fine before getting DOD:s to work,which isnt working fullscreen as it just crashes in that mode.

Heres what happened.

1st i ran DIAXDAG an performed a 3d device test for direct3d i got the following results

Direct3D 8 test results: Failure at step 8 (Creating 3D Device): HRESULT = 0x88760827 (error code)
Direct3D 9 test results: Failure at step 8 (Creating 3D Device): HRESULT = 0x8876086c (error code)

Now none of my games work which use direct3d,they just either CTD no errors or like steam ran games i get a "cannot create 3d device" and the game closes.

I dont know much about installing,uninstalling drivers,i have ATi dispaly,control centre listed in programs but not sure which one to touch or reinstall,.

I have downloaded the june directx9.0c redist to try and see if that works,do i just run that and let it update the old DX or what,i really neeed any help on this plz.

UPDATE 1 :
restarted computer,after entering windows my HDD went full whack for about 5mins,not sure why,it stopped i ran DIXDAG and instad of running test i disabled all 3d acceleration,then i enabled it and saved the information.
ran TF2 so far so good,not sure about trying to run DOD:s fullscreen though,may make it reoccur.
Thnx to Toecutter for this awesome sig
Disturbed1
Experienced Member

Player: |DeathBySpoon|
STEAM_0:1:5257695

Return to Games Help & Solutions