Kicked by console(TF2)

Problems and solutions for CS, Steam and other Games.
USE MEANINGFUL SUBJECT NAMES ONLY

Kicked by console(TF2)

Postby Disturbed1 on Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:37 pm

Tonite i had some wierd kicks and they did not dispaly any message of why or if it was by admin like you should get it was just a plain "kicked by console".

Am i right in that when an admin kicks some1 other admins get a log of who kicked them and why aswell?

I just thought it was me but several other plays where getting kicked after asking why it was happening?

Can admins kick without leaving a message?

Might it be my client playing up or what,im just confused atm.
Thnx to Toecutter for this awesome sig
Disturbed1
Experienced Member

Player: |DeathBySpoon|
STEAM_0:1:5257695

Postby sphinx on Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:38 pm

Pm an admin about this issue mate, dont make a post about it
sphinx
Old Timer

Player: Sphinx.
STEAM_0:0:8528594

Postby saggymanboobs on Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:12 pm

Chap, please could you give us some more details. Was this only when you joined?

Were you playing happily and suddenly kicked?

Also need the server and the time, for each time it happened.
Sarah says: I am indeed, enjoying the big willy so to speak!

Fede said: oh col, gotta tell you this, i had a dream, and you were in it as a mexican wrestler, fully tatooed and with an awesome costume :D
saggymanboobs
UKCS Life Sponsor
Exec. Admin (Retired)

Player: Saggymanboobs
STEAM_0:1:1621139

Postby LuckyNV on Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:39 pm

were you afk at any point?

check your console, sometimes there will be a reason there.

LuckyNV
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: LNV IS HE MAD?!
STEAM_0:1:4677295

Postby Disturbed1 on Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:51 pm

Sorry for not replying faster but i may have found the cause but how to solve it im not sure.
i found a message ingame while trying to play again,i forgot to take a screenshot silly me but i remebr someparts so here goes,see if you can make something of this.

conflict in SVar_cheats (child=fail, then something else with the end of brackets stating parent = win)

it pointed towards my config directory under steamapps/usernamehere

than underneath something about an unknown command sv_backspeed.

Than it kicked me with a time and date of connection closing on the server written in console.

Funny thing is iv just been playing for 2hrs straight without same message so im not sure.
Disturbed1
Experienced Member

Postby Flawless on Mon Aug 25, 2008 11:05 pm

I get that same crap when I boot TF2 and DODS, not sure about CSS. Its basically saying that if sv_cheats 0 those commands will be ignored. They're not the reason you got the kicked by console.
F is for Flawesome
Flawless
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: FLawless
STEAM_0:1:6217222

Postby Nelsaidi on Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:35 am

I used to have that when i used an FPS config (or a config), that has nothing to do with the server kicking you, the command isnt a client command, and was executed before you attempted to join the server (if you did it whilst on the server it would have said you cannot change a cvar from a client consoole or something) as its a server command.

UKCS Admins cant kick without a reason, and from what ive seen even if the server kicks you there will be a reason.

What im thinking is that you timed out therefore you left the server, or the server kicked you for whatever reason and you didnt see a message when there was.

Best thing to do is to contact TC with the date and time and he can look into it and give u further info
Nelsaidi
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: batman
STEAM_0:1:11977681

Postby Seany on Tue Aug 26, 2008 7:36 am

Flawless101 wrote:I get that same crap when I boot TF2 and DODS, not sure about CSS. Its basically saying that if sv_cheats 0 those commands will be ignored. They're not the reason you got the kicked by console.

yeah i get that in the console aswell :)

(btw love your sig flawless)
ImageImage
"Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder"
Seany
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Seany.exe
STEAM_0:0:4765474

Postby Disturbed1 on Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:54 pm

Im glad to say this wasnt on UKCS servers,i was on a friends server which is only mostly for scrims but its now public.

So that rules out it being any1 here so no worries,im just wondering can a begrudged admin or one that doesnt like getting killed alot use the console to kick people and just display the kicked by console text with no details as to why?
Reason i say this is because 2 others who were in the server taking the intel where kicked when trying to return it to our base,both came back in and asked why,admins on at the time stated none of them did it,5mins later one of the same people got kicked.

I stated in chat that somebody is being lame and maybe an admin under a different alias is playing up for some unknown reason,10mins passed than i got kicked ,rejoined and as soon as i picxked team to spawn it did it another 2 times.
Disturbed1
Experienced Member

Postby Flawless on Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:06 pm

As far as I know yes
F is for Flawesome
Flawless
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: FLawless
STEAM_0:1:6217222

Postby Azzy on Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:08 pm

If an admin on UKCS kicks someone there doesn't need to be a a message <unless this is modded from the CSS version differently). You still get the pop up box saying kicked/banned for (amount of time).

This IS ALL logged though, as Saggy said and not what LG said. Give Saggy some details of which server you were on and roughly what time of day it was. He can then check the server logs to find out if this is an admin issue or a client issue. TC may not respond as quick and would pass details to Saggy anyways. He is a bear after all.
Forum Moderator
CSS Admin
Use the UKCS Uploader to upload images/files.
Azzy
UKCS Admin

Player: Azzy
STEAM_0:1:7114108

Return to Games Help & Solutions