Need help setting up CSS server

Problems and solutions for CS, Steam and other Games.
USE MEANINGFUL SUBJECT NAMES ONLY

Need help setting up CSS server

Postby Dragon on Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:02 pm

Ok heres the deal you guys are some of the best server admins and creators ive ever seen so thats why i am asking for help here i need help to setup a CSS server im using Escapedturkey server hosting so if anyone can or knows someone who can do this with me it would be greatlly apreciated. any more info will be given when asked for just dont know if i can post it all here.

and if i am not allowed to do this please delete this imediatlly.
Do you need something from me? - then please add me to steam. (PM who you are on here first though, i do not add random people) Image
Dragon
UKCS Sponsor

STEAM_0:0:1878552

Re: Need help setting up CSS server

Postby rmx on Sun Jan 25, 2009 7:25 pm

I recommend downloading and installing an FTP client i use FileZilla http://filezilla-project.org/

In an email you should have recieved from your server provider it will tell you what your FTP details are. Put these in the top bar of the FileZilla client and login. This client works with a simple drag and drop system.

If you are using this as a match server, download the configs and maps you need then, find them on your computer in the left window of filezilla, then navigate to your server registry in the right window. Drag your maps into the cstrike>maps folder and your configs into the cstrike>cfg. Most of these will come with readmes when downloaded to help you install them. If you are using zBlock you will need to drag the specified files into your cstrike>addons folder (if there isn't one make one) but again take a look at the instructions in the downloaded file.

The same routine applies for a public server but there may be more to add in your addons folder, such as mani admin etc.

I Hope this helped, and please feel free to message me if you require any further help.

Rich.
Happy To help :D
rmx
UKCS Sponsor

Player: RMX cba
STEAM_0:0:12870368

Postby Nelsaidi on Sun Jan 25, 2009 8:40 pm

You cant simply upload the files. You need to either have a VDS, or your own dedicated server; OR use a game-server host.

Since your using a gamehost, then you already have a working server. If what you need is an admin mod or something, use Mani Admin Plugin based on Sourcemod, upload that, and restart the server and it will work. Will need configuration. Your provider may also have an automatic install.
Nelsaidi
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: batman
STEAM_0:1:11977681

Postby rmx on Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:05 pm

If he has purchased a server, off a game host, then he can access it on their servers through the FTP. I have had many css servers in the past, all worked out for me, filezilla is definately an easy client to use.
rmx
UKCS Sponsor

Postby Nelsaidi on Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:11 pm

Oh, mis read your thing, yeah,ive also had a game server. I also recomend file zilla, i use it to upload thins to my webserver
Last edited by Nelsaidi on Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nelsaidi
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: batman
STEAM_0:1:11977681

Postby rmx on Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:20 pm

Hehe sorry, if i came across agressive there :). Yeah filezilla is good I first used it with a server from teamhost lool

NOTE: DO NOT BUY SERVERS FROM TEAMHOST. At first they seem excellent value for money, cheap and very very good quality servers however:

1. AWFUL customer service
2. After a week server randomly drops to 20-60 tick (i bought a 100 tick war server)
3. I had them issue me a new server, which was great....for a week then exactly the same happened again.

ahh well, im sure some people have had positive experiences with them.

Yes, im fully aware of that rand being completely irrelavent xD, just thought id ward you off wasting your money :)
rmx
UKCS Sponsor

Postby Logic3 on Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:07 am

Old clan had their own server hosting service

http://www.gatewaygaming.co.uk/

Bloody good servers and theres always someone on 24/7 standby incase you need help! :D
Image --- Click to add me on Steam Friends!

Logic3
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: Logic ☂- James
STEAM_0:1:13240398

Postby Dragon on Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:39 pm

Thanks for all the help guys most i didnt know and some i did know but my clan went and put off going into CSS as it went into administration so ive gone somewere else now but thanks anyway and its good to know if i ever do have a problum again then here is were i will come

:D :D
Do you need something from me? - then please add me to steam. (PM who you are on here first though, i do not add random people) Image
Dragon
UKCS Sponsor

Postby rmx on Fri Jan 30, 2009 10:42 pm

No problem, we've all been there and it can be confusing at first :)
rmx
UKCS Sponsor

Postby Dragon on Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:07 pm

I need a cheap but reliable place to buy a server preferablly in US becouse with the currency exchange it becomes even cheaper so if anyone knows any places it would be greatlly appreciated.
Last edited by Xerxes on Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removal of community reference.
Dragon
UKCS Sponsor

Postby rmx on Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:21 pm

www.gameservers.com is a very good GSP and it has many centre's based in the US.
rmx
UKCS Sponsor

Postby Dragon on Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:32 pm

nothing against you but gameservers is the worst ever there customer surport has riped me off on serveral occasions and i refuse to go back to them so sorry but no i wont go with them

funny how everyone recommends them first

EDIT: cant belive i did this but o well yes i went to gameserver.com i know for a fact ima regret this though ^.^
Dragon
UKCS Sponsor

Postby rmx on Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:37 pm

Lmao, i can't really speak from experience but i've hand friends here in the UK using gameservers who recommend it.

Good luck though
rmx
UKCS Sponsor

Postby Dragon on Thu Feb 19, 2009 5:44 pm

well it lasted one day and i broke there server constantlly trying out different mods and cfgs and having to reinstall constatnlly and they removed my right to reinstall so i left them a "nice" good byw letter and left lol

but yea found another place and thats turning out just as bad same thing so im gona try one more place next month aint sending no more money yet lol
Dragon
UKCS Sponsor

Postby .Execute on Mon Feb 23, 2009 10:28 am

When i had my server it was on ukgame.com, very good, you can get web hosting free for faster map downloads, it has a nice CP, really good support and cheap aswell :)
BRING BACK BNBN's!
.Execute
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Xoup
STEAM_0:1:11194365

Postby Dragon on Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:23 pm

The reason i hate Gameservers.com is there CP leaves so little to tamper with i like to have full control over my servers and i find the best OS for that is linux it gives you a basic control panel and thats it a start stop utton and a instant FTP access thats all that anyone should need
Dragon
UKCS Sponsor

Return to Games Help & Solutions