Disabled Account, awaiting Steam Support [RESOLVED]

Problems and solutions for CS, Steam and other Games.
USE MEANINGFUL SUBJECT NAMES ONLY

Disabled Account, awaiting Steam Support [RESOLVED]

Postby Seven. on Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:20 am

After a little while of not using Steam I decide to log back on somewhere last week and maybe shoot a bit in Team Fortress 2 or have a zombie slaughter in Left 4 Dead.
Sadly I was not allowed to do these things. And for one reason only:

I immediatly go through my e-mails to find any messages from Steam but nothing there. No warning, no reason, no nothing for that matter.
What I did find is a message from ClickandBuy regarding a chargeback from my bank-account. Add 1 and 1 together and you are thinking what I was thinking.

A purchased game from Steam via ClickandBuy, my bank charged back the money from ClickandBuy due to me reaching my monthly limit of a minimum of 0 euro's (end of the month, out of money can happen to anyone right?) and ClickandBuy must have tipped off Steam.
So I payed the figure that was still open today to ClickandBuy and wrote a ticket to Steam Support. I noted my CaB customer number and date and time of transaction. And now I wait.

The reason I post here is due to reading some horrifying stories of people losing their entire Steam accounts and all it's content due to a mistake from either their or someone else's side.
I do not wish to lose my account, I've had it since 2004 and I have purchased a LOT of games on it. Worth hundreds of euros in total.
If you buy a stolen car and the police comes to take it away, they do not take away the rest of the cars you own as well. Right?

I'll get back here, hopefully with a positive response from Steam Support. If not, I hope you people can lend me a hand with idea's and responses.

Good night,
Seven.
Last edited by Seven. on Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seven.
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Colonel Seven.
STEAM_0:1:3465036

Re: Disabled Account, awaiting Steam Support

Postby Seven. on Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:26 am

Well, that was fast. I wrote this topic after writing the ticket to Steam Support. In the mean while my account has been re-activated and I'm alive and kicking again on Steam thanks to their support service.

After all it seems Steam is more forgiving then I had expected after reading the horror stories.
Seven.
UKCS Sponsor

Re: Disabled Account, awaiting Steam Support [RESOLVED]

Postby rmx on Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:12 pm

Yeah, personally i'm quite a fan of Steam's support service but I always see people giving them stick.

Good to see that it's resolved though :)
Happy To help :D
rmx
UKCS Sponsor

Player: RMX cba
STEAM_0:0:12870368

Postby Little_Devil on Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:07 am

I don't see why a Steam Account is suspended for the reason given :?

Why would failing to pay for something on click and buy, cause a Steam account to be suspended, since the account is linked to other games, not just one game.
Little_Devil
Exec. Admin (Retired)

Player: Aurora
STEAM_0:1:6431437

Postby Seven. on Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:11 am

That's one flaw with Steam. If you screw up or make a mistake like I did, you lose it all. That's the zero tolerance policy they enforce.
They don't just disable or remove the game from your account, they shut it all down.
Seven.
UKCS Sponsor

Postby Nelsaidi on Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:17 am

#
Payment Fraud

Any fraudulent credit card use, credit card chargebacks, or Paypal chargebacks (regardless of when the transaction occurred).

Hmm, would suck to be disabled, but would be better to disable/remove that one game, surely if that happened (by accident) gonna be annoying to not have access to a steam account for a matter of days, but atleast they enable it again.
Nelsaidi
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: batman
STEAM_0:1:11977681

Return to Games Help & Solutions