Intermittent Disconnects beyond 4pm

If you need help with something which doesn't fit in to another forum section, then post here.

Intermittent Disconnects beyond 4pm

Postby Nokturnal on Wed Aug 15, 2012 7:50 pm

Hey guys, this is sort of a stab in the dark as to fixing this problem. Since last Thursday or so at 2pm onwards I have had complete disconnects from the internet at regular intervals until about 1am. My internet will be fine and then suddenly a 2-3 seconds disconnect and then it just bounces back These "disconnects" intensify at around 4 o'clock notably, which I have seen happen at least 5 days or so. Strangely I didn't get any of these disconnects last Sunday, although nothing in terms of wiring or anything else changed. I have a 7800N Billion BiPAC router which we've had for a year or so and I have never had these kind of problems. I then use Netgear power adapters to get internet anywhere in the house, these work fine normally. I know a lot of people will be thinking that it sounds like ISP throttling at certain times but the thing is that my computer is the only one out of 4 (2 laptops and 2 computers) that get this mass DC issue. Which leads me to believe it must be something islolated about my setup. When I get up around 10 am my internet is completely fine, and it is ALWAYS around the mark of 4pm that these stutters happen. I have done tracert's to google.co.uk and it is evident when the disconnects are as I get no response quite frequently and then it will be fine for another 15 pings.

Here is a graph of what is happening.

I know this is a little far fetched in terms of looking for a solution but I am at wits end, I literally can't play any games beyond 4pm... then to find it fine the next day at 10am and then the cycle repeats..!
Nokturnal
Home Member

Player: freakeh
STEAM_0:0:10399869

Re: Intermittent Disconnects beyond 4pm

Postby Deathtaker27 on Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:55 am

Call your ISP and ask them to do a copper Lines Test, this will detect if there are any physical issues with the line

Then start router swaps ect.
Thanks Podge, speccy and Tao
Deathtaker27
Old Timer

Player: DT27 ​
STEAM_0:1:22687060

Return to I need help with...