legal lingo

If you need help with something which doesn't fit in to another forum section, then post here.

legal lingo

Postby CiRuS on Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:19 pm

hey all.

I ordered some things from a company in Germany. When the box arrived it was heavily damaged. The contents were fragile so I refused to accept the delivery (as advised in the confirmation email from the company). I am now trying to get a refund as the parcel was poorly protected to begin with and I don't think any further attempts to deliver the items will have a different outcome.

Here's what I need help with:
The company emailed me a form to print, sign, scan and return with the following wording:-

Herewith I declare that the above mentioned parcel has arrived in damaged condition.

I cede the damage to above mentioned the shipper.

I don't have much dealings with things like this, so what exactly does that wording mean? Do I sign it or no?
Black Marketeer Of World War III
CiRuS
Home Member

Player: CiRuS[BonE]
STEAM_0:0:821723

Re: legal lingo

Postby Binerexis on Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:47 pm

"Right, I'm not saying that the parcel I mentioned earlier got to my hands damaged/buggered/otherwise not in a good condition.

I say that the damage is due to the shipper I mentioned earlier."
"Everyone just shut up and enjoy your arena."
"...But we don't enjoy aren-"
"SHUT UP AND ENJOY YOUR ARENA!"
Part three of my quest to lose my sanity

"Bin would get my Unusual hatz since he's the coolest, bravest, smartest and toughest admin." - Bruce Willis
Binerexis
Old Timer
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Extrodisian
STEAM_0:0:19678834

Postby CiRuS on Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:50 pm

so in other words, its their fault not mine, and by signing im not accepting any blame etc?
CiRuS
Home Member

Postby SkeletalBOB on Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:53 pm

I sign for packages all day long and deal with damaged packages sometimes worth upwards of half a million pounds.

This is the companies way of getting you to officially blame their shipping company so they can recover the costs from them. (DHL?Fedex?UPS?)

They should refund you immediately once they have this document back, don't let them wait till they get the money back from their shippers, if you can put the pressure on them they should release your funds.

Either way TL:DR, as Bin so rightly put above sign it as it simply says it was the shippers fault not mine.
ImageImage
SkeletalBOB
Senior Admin

Player: SkeletalBOB on craptop
STEAM_0:0:41790546

Postby CiRuS on Wed Nov 20, 2013 2:02 pm

excellent guys, thank you. im one of these paranoid types that thinks as soon as i have signed it they'll turn round and say 'neenerneenerneener you fucked up' lol
CiRuS
Home Member

Return to I need help with...