Anime!

Talk about films, television programs or a good read you'd like to share.

Re: Anime!

Postby 13th Nightmare on Thu Jul 09, 2015 5:58 pm

Been going a bit nuts with my Anime viewing thanks to Netflix.

I fired through Sword Art Online in about two weeks. Probably not the smartest move as I would like to have made it last a little longer. But saying that I still loved it from beginning to end. Had me hooked from the word go. Tried Attack on Titan but didn't really enjoy it, think I was just expecting a bit more from it than I actually got. Gave up on High School of the Dead after just watching the 1st episode, I was wanting zombies not sex!

Now I'm onto Fairy Tail and nearly watched 26 episodes of it in the past 5 days. Don't what it is but there is just something about it I really like. Also happy to see season 2 of Knights of Sidonia on Netflix, already watched 6 episodes and I'm enjoying it.
Heaven Doesn't Want Me. And Hell Is Afraid I'll Take Over
13th Nightmare
Senior Admin
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: 13th @ #i61
STEAM_0:1:23426932

Postby Security on Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:41 pm

I went through the first 200 episodes of Fairy Tail pretty quickly as it indeed has something I liked about it, but from there on I mostly lost interest... It might just be this last season after the eclipse stuff that bored me.
Security
Experienced Member
Honorary UKCS Member
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Security
STEAM_0:0:8446840

Postby Slavechild on Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:49 pm

Can't say I've tried that anime yet, been following a lot of the new ones as there are some gems, Gangsta being one of them!
Magical Facebook Fairy wrote:Image
Slavechild
Home Member

Player: Slavechild
STEAM_0:1:26412177

Postby Shuriken on Fri Jul 17, 2015 4:34 am

Hah, just came to recommend Gangsta. Got that Samurai Champloo feeling but in a totally different setting.
This is my sandvich. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My sandvich is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my sandvich is useless. Without my sandvich, I am useless. I must eat my sandvich true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy, who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will. Before lunch I swear this creed: my sandvich and myself are defenders of my country, we are the masters of our enemy, we are the saviors of my life. So be it, until there is no enemy, but sandvich. Om nom.

Shuriken
Old Timer

Player: `_´ HaemoGobliN `_´
STEAM_0:1:5456922

Postby Slavechild on Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:44 am

Mhmm :) I'm annoyed by how many new typical highscool animes there are atm :-/ sort of want Hunter x Hunter to come back or even black bullet
Slavechild
Home Member

Postby Silkie on Tue Nov 03, 2015 12:56 pm

I've started watching Attack on Titan mainly for the fascinating design of the giants themselves. It has a zombie movie feel about it and as I'm watching blind with zero spoilers is holding my interest so far.
"I prefer the company of animals more than the company of humans.
Certainly, a wild animal is cruel.
But to be merciless is the privilege of civilised humans."
Silkie
Experienced Member

Player: Silkie
STEAM_0:0:523712

Postby Silkie on Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:27 pm

Finished the first series of AOT. Tapered off a bit but still quite interesting.

I'm giving a Netflix one a try in the form of The Seven Deadly Sins which has a bit of Fist of the North Star but with comedy especially the talking pig.
Silkie
Experienced Member

Postby Slavechild on Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:02 pm

You're in for a treat, Is a reallllly good anime. If you need a new current anime as well One Punch Man is amazingly good :d
Slavechild
Home Member

Postby Silkie on Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:05 pm

I'm puzzled as to why they left out pride but maybe Season 2 will add in the character and I thoroughly enjoyed it. :)
Silkie
Experienced Member

Postby Shuriken on Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:11 pm

Just found a show called Dimension W. Only 6 episodes so far but it's caught my eye, has a ghost in the shell vibe. One punch man was great, can't believe I considered not watching it.
This is my sandvich. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My sandvich is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my sandvich is useless. Without my sandvich, I am useless. I must eat my sandvich true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy, who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will. Before lunch I swear this creed: my sandvich and myself are defenders of my country, we are the masters of our enemy, we are the saviors of my life. So be it, until there is no enemy, but sandvich. Om nom.

Shuriken
Old Timer

Player: `_´ HaemoGobliN `_´
STEAM_0:1:5456922

Postby Slavechild on Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:44 pm

I find anime can struggle with humor but one punch really pulled through and also had a nice serious sort of side as well.

Dimension W. is quite nice and I get what you mean about the Ghost in the shell vibe, I'm also following Gate series 2 (It has a bit of a log horizon feel to it) and the latest Gundam series as well as it looks amazing and so far has been really gritty.
Slavechild
Home Member

Postby Flare on Sat Feb 20, 2016 2:25 pm

Look for a anime called ERASED, its a really intense show about a struggling manga artist that has a odd thing that occurs to him occasionally, he sometimes will re-experience a piece of current time and can change a bad event, he calls this a revival.
The show soon goes into full speed, and he ends up being tangled in a very complex web trying to sort things out and changing a pinnacle string of events in his life.
It is quiet interesting if somewhat thick with despair, and loves cliffhangers.
I been watching it on Crunchyroll, it is definitely worth looking at and it doesn't waste too much time setting the scene you can tell from episode 1 if you will like it or not.
Sometimes keeping an eye on your stats is not a good thing :P

Some things are painfully obvious, others must be made obvious... painfully
Flare
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: Flare
STEAM_0:0:690038

Postby Security on Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:01 pm

I just heard about Erased since it now ended and apparently people liked it allot just like GATE and Utawarerumono which I both did follow. So going to check Erased out. :)
Also I read about the release of a Sword Art Online film later this year today. :D

Anyway, anyone here still watching Naruto? The filler stuff is pissing me off so much and speculated to last till the end of the year as well... They really are apparently doing over a year of pure filler episodes.
Security
Experienced Member
Honorary UKCS Member
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Security
STEAM_0:0:8446840

Postby Silkie on Wed Jun 08, 2016 11:24 am

I re-watched all of The Ping Pong Club recently as I was in the mood for some gross humour and the turtle impression is as funny as ever. Yes it's as bad as you imagine.

I'd never noticed Crunchyroll before but the app showed up on the new stuff section of my PS3 so I thought I'd give it a try. Totally lost so I dove in on something that had WW2 tanks in it as I'm a bit of a treadhead and boy is it odd. TBH the first thing that came to mind is 'this is somebodies fetish' but what the heck. Girls und Panzer is it's name BTW.

Not bad but I mainly watched for all the nice tank 3d models they used.

I found a little gem called Hometown Rebuilding: Folktales from Japan.

I love traditional stories and these series of shorts are great fun with magical lucky dogs and the like. Simple in style but big in heart.
Silkie
Experienced Member

Postby Silkie on Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:10 pm

I've just finished Gate which had some interesting ideas but was very messy and I was never sure which bits were poking fun at otaku or just pandering to them. It all felt like a bit of a wasted opportunity but the dimensional gate from modern Japan to a Game of Thrones style land did at least provide an interesting bit with a giant fire dragon.

I found Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress on Amazon Prime which is a steampunk zombie apocalypse series that so far is most notable for the zombie designs but it has potential.
Silkie
Experienced Member

Postby Silkie on Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:44 pm

I finally borrowed the box set of Paranoia Agent by Satoshi Kon which is as fascinating to me as all his stuff but can be a bit hard to follow at times. Amazing musical score by Susumu Hirasawa as well.
Silkie
Experienced Member

Postby Silkie on Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:32 pm

FLCL or Fooly Cooly. An amazing series that almost defies description and mixes Japanese with Western styles that it seems has a sort of sequel in production this year. Great soundtrack by the Pillows and overflowing with ideas.
Silkie
Experienced Member

Previous

Return to Films, Television and Books Even!