Anime!

Talk about films, television programs or a good read you'd like to share.

Re: Anime!

Postby Shuriken on Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:50 pm

Just started watching Magi. It's not bad at all so far
This is my sandvich. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My sandvich is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my sandvich is useless. Without my sandvich, I am useless. I must eat my sandvich true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy, who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will. Before lunch I swear this creed: my sandvich and myself are defenders of my country, we are the masters of our enemy, we are the saviors of my life. So be it, until there is no enemy, but sandvich. Om nom.

Shuriken
Old Timer

Player: `_´ HaemoGobliN `_´
STEAM_0:1:5456922

Postby Security on Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:04 pm

Back in April this year I started watching Fairy Tail from the start and now I have arrived at season 2... I expected to take a year to watch 175 episodes and 5 OVA's but apparently not. :P
Security
Experienced Member
Honorary UKCS Member
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Security
STEAM_0:0:8446840

Postby 13th Nightmare on Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:51 am

Found a couple of animes on Netflix that I've been watching for the past week. It has got to the stage that nothing else on Netflix will do but them, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood and Knights of Sidonia. I think I'm a little hooked on Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood as I watched seven episodes back to back. Can't say the same for Knights of Sidonia as it's taking a little longer for me to get into it. But it's one of those things that I want to watch out of interest and see how I feel about it as I go through the episodes
Heaven Doesn't Want Me. And Hell Is Afraid I'll Take Over
13th Nightmare
Senior Admin
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: 13th @ #i61
STEAM_0:1:23426932

Postby Security on Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:03 am

Brotherhood is really good, can't blame anyone for wanting to binge-watch that. :P
Security
Experienced Member
Honorary UKCS Member
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Postby Slavechild on Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:05 pm

Yup FMA is a goooooood series, I recently watched the first series of it as I forgot what the story line for it was. Knights of Sidonia is good but it took me a while to warm to the 3D animation.

Currently I'm living off:
Akame ga Kill (I think it's just about to end) (Amazingly good)
Log Horizon (Amazingly good)
Fate Stay Night
The Seven Deadly Sins (Amazingly good)
Shingeki no Bahamut
Terra Formars
Garo Honoo No Kokuin
Silver Will Argevollen
Hitsugi No Chaika (I think it's just finished)
Kiseijuu Sei No Kakuritsu (Amazingly good)

Now I've listed them that is actually quite a lot :lol:
Magical Facebook Fairy wrote:Image
Slavechild
Home Member

Player: Slavechild
STEAM_0:1:26412177

Postby Shuriken on Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:54 pm

Ohhhh I had forgotten about shingeki no bahamut, started it a while back and think I was enjoying it lol
This is my sandvich. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My sandvich is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my sandvich is useless. Without my sandvich, I am useless. I must eat my sandvich true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy, who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will. Before lunch I swear this creed: my sandvich and myself are defenders of my country, we are the masters of our enemy, we are the saviors of my life. So be it, until there is no enemy, but sandvich. Om nom.

Shuriken
Old Timer

Postby Slavechild on Tue Dec 16, 2014 5:57 pm

It is very pretty but I'm not sold on the story yet :p
Slavechild
Home Member

Postby Binerexis on Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:46 pm

The original FMA is hands-down better than Brotherhood. I'm actually doing a couple of articles about that, here's the first:

http://binerexis.co.uk/2014/11/brother- ... -an-intro/
"Everyone just shut up and enjoy your arena."
"...But we don't enjoy aren-"
"SHUT UP AND ENJOY YOUR ARENA!"
Part three of my quest to lose my sanity

"Bin would get my Unusual hatz since he's the coolest, bravest, smartest and toughest admin." - Bruce Willis
Binerexis
Old Timer
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Extrodisian
STEAM_0:0:19678834

Postby Templar+ on Mon Dec 22, 2014 2:12 pm

Watching Yowamushi Pedal atm i think it's amazing but probably slightly biased due to my cycling enthusiasm.
Templar+
Old Timer

Player: Templar+
STEAM_0:0:10400303

Postby Security on Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:03 pm

Woo the 2nd season of Tokyo Ghoul started yesterday and I suspect I am going to love it. :)
Security
Experienced Member
Honorary UKCS Member
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Postby Slavechild on Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:23 pm

It might not follow the manga or the story at all though but it's still considered as canon apparently, I read up on it today.
Slavechild
Home Member

Postby Shuriken on Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:44 am

Niiiice been looking forward to this. Re-watched Gantz over the last couple of days, really wish there was more to it.

Shuriken
Old Timer

Postby Slavechild on Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:50 am

I'm thinking about re-watching eureka 7 again or maybe last exile as I've forgotten the story to them and all I can remember is their awesomeness.
Slavechild
Home Member

Postby Shuriken on Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:24 pm

5 episodes in to Parasyte. Really enjoying it so far

Shuriken
Old Timer

Postby Security on Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:05 pm

It's a good series with some nice twists. :)
Security
Experienced Member
Honorary UKCS Member
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Postby 13th Nightmare on Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:39 pm

I finished the Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood series and thought it was very good. Always made me want to watch just one more episode. Saw Netfilx asking if I was still watching it quite a few times.

Now I've started on the Black Butler series. I've seen about 10 episodes in two days and I'm watching another one as I type this. I have to admit that I love Sebastian as nothing ever seems to faze him. And the fact he seems to be the best at pretty much anything he needs to do. But then if the young master orders him to do something then he has to do it. Along with the fact that like he says, he is indeed one hell of a butler
Heaven Doesn't Want Me. And Hell Is Afraid I'll Take Over
13th Nightmare
Senior Admin
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: 13th @ #i61
STEAM_0:1:23426932

Postby Shuriken on Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:46 pm

Ohhh thanks for the reminder, I started watching Black Butler and was enjoying that too but somehow completely forgot about it.

This second series of Tokyo Ghoul doesn't have the same appeal as the first but it's moving on in leaps and bounds, so it has a fair chance at redeeming itself.

Shuriken
Old Timer

Postby Mr White on Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:28 pm

I just finished Blue Exorcist on Netflix, up there in my top 10 favourite anime!
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. - Aristotle.
Mr White
Recruit Member

Player: FauxE
STEAM_0:1:39279346

Postby Munkehboi on Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:22 am

I'm loving second series of Tokyo Ghoul. As with most slower paced mangas though, the adapation to anime leaves me a little frustrated as they seem to leave a lot of dialog out.

Also gave Fairy Tail anime a go as well. I follow Fairy Tail from back when it was released until now but the anime is shocking in my opinion, I could only watch the frist 2 episodes before wanting to throw my remote at the TV.

Currently watching:

Gintama
Kuroko No Basket Season 3
Prince of Tennis (rewatching)

Munkehboi
Recruit Member

STEAM_Munkehboi

Postby Blast on Sat May 16, 2015 9:45 am

Just started Sword art online, by that I binge watched 18 episodes over one and a half days.

More things like this please people!
Blast
Old Timer

Player: Blast
STEAM_0:0:55618158

PreviousNext

Return to Films, Television and Books Even!