[TV] The Walking Dead

Talk about films, television programs or a good read you'd like to share.

Re: [TV] The Walking Dead (Coming Soon)

Postby Gh0st.IRE on Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:26 pm

Wizav wrote:Hope they feed merle to the walkers :twisted:

Not until they feed the "Last Samurai" to them! She's such an insufferable bitch!
Ex-TF2 Admin. Forum Moderator. Add me on Steam or PM me here!
Heresy MMO Guild Member.
Gh0st.IRE

Player: Rear Naked Bugs
STEAM_0:0:12137987

Re: [TV] The Walking Dead

Postby 13th Nightmare on Mon Mar 04, 2013 8:39 pm

Still not sure about Merle and Michonne. Andrea I generally want to smack anytime I see her on screen, I hate her!
Heaven Doesn't Want Me. And Hell Is Afraid I'll Take Over
13th Nightmare
Senior Admin
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: 13th @ i55
STEAM_0:1:23426932

Postby Wizav on Mon Mar 04, 2013 11:57 pm

Good to see Morgan back, been wondering what happened to him and his son since season 1, Hes the best actor on the show so hopefully joins up with the main group at some point

Last edited by Gh0st.IRE on Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Adding spoiler tags.

Wizav
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Wizav
STEAM_1:3:666666

Postby Snowbat on Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:46 pm

I can't wait to see the Governor die somewhere in the future. I hate him so profoundly.
Snowbat
Home Member

Player: Snowbat
STEAM_0:1:1977404

Postby Gh0st.IRE on Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:10 pm

Wizav wrote:Wizav being silly

Oh dear God man, SPOILER TAGS.
Heresy MMO Guild Member.
Gh0st.IRE

Postby S.O.Sniper on Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:41 pm

Wizav wrote:

Good to see Morgan back, been wondering what happened to him and his son since season 1, Hes the best actor on the show so hopefully joins up with the main group at some point

I guess we're all assuming he will join up with the group at some point. I just hope they don't just have him randomly show up in their hour of need just to heroicly die. The group needs more interesting characters rather than the zombie fodder we've had join so far.

But yeah, I really liked the episode - it was one of the better written ones we've had in a while.
S.O.Sniper
Home Member

Postby S.O.Sniper on Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:54 pm

It's the series finale next week, but this episode was a big deal.

I hope they don't ruin Daryl's character as a reaction to what happened, he's been one of the strongest characters throughout the show. I also really wish Merle put up more of a fight against the Governor 1vs1, the Governor kicked his ass.

Besides that though I loved it, and can't wait for next week. Walking Dead Finale & Game of Thrones Season 3. <3
S.O.Sniper
Home Member

Postby Wizav on Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:01 am

What an anti-climax, worse battle ever nobody even got shot :|

Wizav
UKCS Sponsor

Postby Loser on Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:52 am

Wizav wrote:

What an anti-climax, worse battle ever nobody even got shot :|

What a really crap fire fight lol

Carl is turning into a little bad ass though!

Loser
UKCS Life Sponsor
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Dr...Doom
STEAM_0:0:3618166

Postby S.O.Sniper on Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:22 am

I didn't hate the finale (I quite enjoyed it) but I hated several things about it.

- The "fight" was definitely lame. did anyone die besides the guy Carl killed? They seemed to indicate that after they fled but I didn't see anyone get shot.

- I'm really sick of this "Governor being the Terminator" BS. Ok, It's not so much that he's invincible, it's that no one puts up a fight against him. Last week he kicked Merle's ass pretty easily, this week he guns down 20(?) of his own ARMED men with no effort at all.

- Worse yet was that guy who used to follow Tyrese. He had an AK pointed at the Governor and the Governor just draws his pistol and shoots him in the head. Shoot your damn weapon first ffs.

- The Governor makes a point that the Doc burned the zombies and that led to Merle killing 8 guys which was unforgivable, then later he just guns down his own entire army because he was annoyed.

- They should have had a scene showing where the Governor went next, rather than leave it unknown until next season.

- Why did they leave that barricaded town to go to the prison? Ok the prison is abit more secure, but it's not as practical or nearly as comfortable to live in (and there are still areas that are zombie infested/unsecured). Also, did they take all the towns supplies/weapons? Did everyone leave the town or did some stay behind? I guess I'll have to wait to find out. :scratch:

S.O.Sniper
Home Member

Postby re# Skilgannon on Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:16 pm

tbh I loved this finale, answered some questions but left you begging for answers to more questions, cant wait for the next season :D
for she is the Cat that walks by herself, and all places are alike to her

no matter how many times I put together the great jigsaw of life there is always the same integral piece missing that prevents the picture from being complete Annabel Rose Hardwick
re# Skilgannon
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Sunshine Snookums
STEAM_0:0:7668

Postby Wizav on Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:48 pm

The worst part was Andrea

Milton's about to die, turn into a zombie and chew off her neck and she just sits there having a chit chat and wait's until he turns before doing anything :scratch:

Wizav
UKCS Sponsor

Postby Templar+ on Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:04 am

It's great that Andrea died because i did not like her character too much

Templar+
Old Timer

Player: Templar+
STEAM_0:0:10400303

Postby jihn on Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:56 pm

S.O.Sniper wrote:I didn't hate the finale (I quite enjoyed it) but I hated several things about it.

- The "fight" was definitely lame. did anyone die besides the guy Carl killed? They seemed to indicate that after they fled but I didn't see anyone get shot.

- I'm really sick of this "Governor being the Terminator" BS. Ok, It's not so much that he's invincible, it's that no one puts up a fight against him. Last week he kicked Merle's ass pretty easily, this week he guns down 20(?) of his own ARMED men with no effort at all.

- Worse yet was that guy who used to follow Tyrese. He had an AK pointed at the Governor and the Governor just draws his pistol and shoots him in the head. Shoot your damn weapon first ffs.

- The Governor makes a point that the Doc burned the zombies and that led to Merle killing 8 guys which was unforgivable, then later he just guns down his own entire army because he was annoyed.

- They should have had a scene showing where the Governor went next, rather than leave it unknown until next season.

- Why did they leave that barricaded town to go to the prison? Ok the prison is abit more secure, but it's not as practical or nearly as comfortable to live in (and there are still areas that are zombie infested/unsecured). Also, did they take all the towns supplies/weapons? Did everyone leave the town or did some stay behind? I guess I'll have to wait to find out. :scratch:

I dont think the ending of the season was perfect, but i dont agree with a lot of the drawbacks you are posting :p

**What annoyed me was as with you, the useless fight at the prison, it was poor. Looked like they were just attempting to scare them off instead of actually doing any real damage.
Had some problems with the fact that they chose the prison over town. But that could have logical reasons, seeing as Gov still is out there, and he knows every knock and cranny of it. Better off in the prison then.

I'm really sick of this "Governor being the Terminator" BS. Ok, It's not so much that he's invincible, it's that no one puts up a fight against him. Last week he kicked Merle's ass pretty easily, this week he guns down 20(?) of his own ARMED men with no effort at all.
Worse yet was that guy who used to follow Tyrese. He had an AK pointed at the Governor and the Governor just draws his pistol and shoots him in the head. Shoot your damn weapon first ffs.

Cant say anything on the killing of Merle, that was a bit of a Chuck Norris event...
Well, those 15-20 ppl did probably not expect getting shot in the back. Grouped up, turning their backs, basically telling him to fk himself makes them a pretty easy target.
If the guy who used to follow Tyrese had killed Gov, then that would of been a turn for the better on him. He looks like he has been the underdog not biting the hand that feeds him all along. So why would that suddenly change now.
The only two who were posing any possible threat within that attack group where the two 'tought guys', who decided to just go along and see what happens next. They will probably kill Gov at their convenience.

The Governor makes a point that the Doc burned the zombies and that led to Merle killing 8 guys which was unforgivable, then later he just guns down his own entire army because he was annoyed.

Makes perfect sense, Gov is following his own laws and logic. If someone crosses them, or defies his wishes, then they die or get subdued. He killed his army out of rage, and the fact that he would no longer be able to control them.

Will be interesting to see next season. See what Carl's motives really are, did he kill that other kid to avoid adding more people to the group? Or because he is in love with that girl in the white dress?
And if its the first, a bunch of new ppl got added to the grp, how will he handle that :p

"The rover batteries have 18kwh of juice. The oxygenator alone uses 44.1kwh per sol. See my problem?
You know what? "Kilowatt-hours per sol" is a pain in the ass to say. I'm gonna invent a new scientific unit name.
One kilowatt-hour per sol is... it can be anything.. um...I suck at this ... oh FK it. I'll call it a "pirate-ninja".
All told, the Big Three need 69.9pn, most of that going to the Oxygenator and Atmospheric regulator."
-Mark Watney 'The Martian'
If you want something done, select a busy person‚ for the other kind has no time. - based on Elbert Hubbard
jihn

Player: uSayItBstWhnUSAYntn@all
STEAM_0:0:159716

Postby Gh0st.IRE on Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:02 pm

Wizav wrote:

The worst part was Andrea

Milton's about to die, turn into a zombie and chew off her neck and she just sits there having a chit chat and wait's until he turns before doing anything :scratch:

The part I disliked most about this was how long it took Milton to turn into a zombie. Do you remember in S2 when Shane was shot by Rick? He was back on his feet in seconds. It was too drawn out. I'm glad she's dead though. She served absolutely no purpose.

Another little "irk" of mine is how no-one can shoot! (Well, that goes for most TV/Movies) - Everyone's running around hip firing their assault rifles. An awful "fight" scene.

Heresy MMO Guild Member.
Gh0st.IRE

Postby n0rd on Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:54 pm

the final didn't hold what I expected but when will...

Carl DIE!!!? cant stand him anymore.

Feel free to ask questions - n0rd|UKCS| Image / Image
n0rd
UKCS Sponsor

Player: n0rd
STEAM_0:0:12198010

Postby Gh0st.IRE on Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:04 pm

n0rd wrote:the final didn't hold what I expected but when will...

Carl DIE!!!? cant stand him anymore.

He won't any time soon. You can see he's becoming more and more like Rick, and that character development will easily be drawn out for another season or two.. or three.

Heresy MMO Guild Member.
Gh0st.IRE

Postby Synaphix on Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:44 am

Cannot believe I watched three seasons of this crap just to prove to a friend I can have the patience to watch past Season 1, Episode 1!

The part I disliked most about this was how long it took Milton to turn into a zombie. Do you remember in S2 when Shane was shot by Rick? He was back on his feet in seconds.

There is a bit of information in Season 1 I think telling you how long it takes based on peoples will or some rubbish.

-Only one decent actor and you see him twice I think!
-Even when Lori finally dies she is still on the damn screen!
-The blonde woman mixing her story up so much just failed, but I get why they used pliers to defend herself to justify the bite
-Walkers are only used to draw out the long conversations or to remind you they are still in it by killing someone
-So many mistakes pointed out in this thread like the Governor having guns pointed at him yet still has time to shoot people
-Michonne? Is she some ninja assassin or something, disappears into the pub and suddenly has the picture again which I assume was a skipped timescale there or they better tell you she has superpowers in season 4
-Carl is annoying but I kind of like him even with their mess up of not removing his grin after killing his Mother (oops!) which I think was a smile at doing the scene well and cut wrong
-The fight which even the cast were bigging up in interviews was a let down
-Merle death was not even worthy of screen time apparently, a quick "oh hes dead" and change to another screen and no one cares

Anyway, I get why people like it but for me I won't continue because its horrid to watch such bad acting, badly written storylines etc which I know people will tell me to shut up for :P
No. I am not a nice man. It's important that you understand that. It's going to save you a great deal of time and effort. There is not a warmer, kinder me waiting to be coaxed out into the light. I am acerbic. I can be cruel. It's who I am. Right to the bottom. I'm neither proud of this, nor ashamed of it. It simply is. And in my work, my nature has been an advantage far more often than it has been a hindrance. I'm not gonna change.

- Sherlock, Elementary
Synaphix
UKCS Admin

Player: Synaphix
STEAM_0:1:36281577

Postby Templar+ on Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:47 am

Shut up Syn it gots zombies in it :P
Templar+
Old Timer

Player: Templar+
STEAM_0:0:10400303

Postby Synaphix on Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:21 pm

Barely any Walkers in it and only used to cut the long bad acting by most of the cast or to kill them off to add some excitement :P
No. I am not a nice man. It's important that you understand that. It's going to save you a great deal of time and effort. There is not a warmer, kinder me waiting to be coaxed out into the light. I am acerbic. I can be cruel. It's who I am. Right to the bottom. I'm neither proud of this, nor ashamed of it. It simply is. And in my work, my nature has been an advantage far more often than it has been a hindrance. I'm not gonna change.

- Sherlock, Elementary
Synaphix
UKCS Admin

Player: Synaphix
STEAM_0:1:36281577

PreviousNext

Return to Films, Television and Books Even!