Revolution[Tv-Series]

Talk about films, television programs or a good read you'd like to share.

Revolution[Tv-Series]

Postby EWJ on Wed Feb 27, 2013 4:37 pm

Hi guys and gals, anyone watching this?

Mate in work suggested it, I've only watched the first 2 and tbh I'm not sure about it yet.
God is a defect of the human genome.
Earthwormjim hes such a groovy guy,
Earthwormjim he rockets thru the sky,
EWJ
Old Timer
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Mr EWJ ®
STEAM_0:1:3498984

Re: Revolution[Tv-Series]

Postby Aceo on Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:17 am

I've watched the whole of the first series, really enjoyed it. It starts to pick up a lot.

Aceo
UKCS Sponsor
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Aceo
STEAM_0:1:8775008

Postby S t e f f |DK| |UKCS| on Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:44 pm

Same here, found it really good! :)
UKCS Executive Admin and Forum Moderator
Click Here to send me a PM.

UKCS is an independent gaming community made possible by donations from its members
Sponsors receive VIP reserved slots immediately on all UKCS servers and game types for a period of a month or longer depending on the amount donated. If your total donations over time ever reaches then you receive life time VIP on all servers current and future. All donations of any size are welcome.
Click me to donate --->Image
S t e f f |DK| |UKCS|
Executive Admin

Player: S t e f f |DK|
STEAM_0:1:12364203

Postby Love Muffin on Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:55 pm

Once it gets going its good

STEAM_0:0:5223960
Liverpool FC
"It's a love story, baby just say yes"

Feel free to add me on Steam
PSN: HoinkDoink

UKCS Facebook
#Banter

-Daztec
Love Muffin
Experienced Member

Player: Love Muffin ت
STEAM_0:0:5223960

Postby 13th Nightmare on Sat Mar 02, 2013 5:45 pm

I might have a look at it as I have seen trailers for it and it seems interesting.
Heaven Doesn't Want Me. And Hell Is Afraid I'll Take Over
13th Nightmare
Senior Admin
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: 13th @ #i61
STEAM_0:1:23426932

Postby just annoying boo on Mon Mar 04, 2013 9:47 pm

I have also seen them and enjoyed them, Please dont't let the power go off - I will miss you all :ill:
just annoying boo
Home Member

Player: boo
STEAM_0:1:4062232

Postby Aceo on Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:40 pm

This has just come back off break and has really got off to a strong start!

Aceo
UKCS Sponsor
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Postby S.O.Sniper on Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:16 am

I was watching this and quiet liked it despite it's sillyness, but the first episode back after the break completely ruined it for me.

Danny's death was not needed beyond giving them extra reason to keep fighting after his rescue, and made me realize his character was nothing more than one big plot device to drive the story right from the start. Killing him off was such lazy stortelling that I couldn't keep watching.

It's not often I turn on shows so quickly but I couldn't get passed that.
S.O.Sniper
Home Member

Postby Wizav on Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:37 pm

I want to like this show but the only explanation that makes sense to me is that the weapon which caused the power to go off must still be turned on and running 24/7. The pendants counter it within there radius which can be also be amplified.

The scientists know this as they built the damn thing and know where it's located (the tower i'm guessing) and even built the pendants before turning it on, pilot is evidence they know what was going to happen so why in 15 years have they never told anyone or tried to turn off the weapon, it makes absolutely no sense at all for them to just sit on there asses for 15 years and keep it all a secret.

Can anyone see an explanation or ending to this show that isn't completely redonkulous or lame cause i can't see it happening, what do you think will happen?

Wizav
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Wizav
STEAM_1:3:666666

Postby Aceo on Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:09 pm

Wizav wrote:

I want to like this show but the only explanation that makes sense to me is that the weapon which caused the power to go off must still be turned on and running 24/7. The pendants counter it within there radius which can be also be amplified.

The scientists know this as they built the damn thing and know where it's located (the tower i'm guessing) and even built the pendants before turning it on, pilot is evidence they know what was going to happen so why in 15 years have they never told anyone or tried to turn off the weapon, it makes absolutely no sense at all for them to just sit on there asses for 15 years and keep it all a secret.

Can anyone see an explanation or ending to this show that isn't completely redonkulous or lame cause i can't see it happening, what do you think will happen?

They didn't know exactly what was going to happen. Many more flashbacks, especially more recent ones show the events leading even closer to the blackout. As it is, it was believed to be short ranged by the leader of the DoD. While the scientists wanted more tests, but DoD guy basically says it's always worked in containment over last year...

Aceo
UKCS Sponsor
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Postby EvolvedMonkey on Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:09 am

I'm currently just finishing ep4. What strikes me is that everyone has perfect teeth, skin and general health despite not having sanitised water. But get past that, and the predictable bits of story, its worth a watch.

EDIT: I've gone a bit further into the series and its becoming very repetitive story for every episode. The acting from most of the lead characters has a lot to be desired. And why on this earth are people still a bit tubby after walking was seems like miles on not much food?
But I'm feeling good, And if you don't exist, you're still one illusion that I can't resist
EvolvedMonkey
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: EvolvedMonkey
STEAM_0:0:183417

Postby S t e f f |DK| |UKCS| on Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:02 am

Somewhat offtopic, but am I the only one who thinks that Miles looks like MacGyver?!?

UKCS Executive Admin and Forum Moderator
Click Here to send me a PM.

UKCS is an independent gaming community made possible by donations from its members
Sponsors receive VIP reserved slots immediately on all UKCS servers and game types for a period of a month or longer depending on the amount donated. If your total donations over time ever reaches then you receive life time VIP on all servers current and future. All donations of any size are welcome.
Click me to donate --->Image
S t e f f |DK| |UKCS|
Executive Admin

Player: S t e f f |DK|
STEAM_0:1:12364203

Postby Wizav on Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:31 am

I called it, a virus that eats electricity that can be turned off or reprogrammed. Why the hell did they wait 15 years and not just reprogram it or turn it off after the very first day. They didn't even try or tell anyone just packed there bags and headed off into the woods, there's literally nothing they can say or do at this point to fix such a huge plot hole it makes absolutely no sense at all.

Also if it's so small and everywhere and consumes all electricity how are people still alive, the brain uses electricity to function

Wizav
UKCS Sponsor

Postby Aceo on Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:26 am

Wizav wrote:

I called it, a virus that eats electricity that can be turned off or reprogrammed. Why the hell did they wait 15 years and not just reprogram it or turn it off after the very first day. They didn't even try or tell anyone just packed there bags and headed off into the woods, there's literally nothing they can say or do at this point to fix such a huge plot hole it makes absolutely no sense at all.

Also if it's so small and everywhere and consumes all electricity how are people still alive, the brain uses electricity to function

Isn't that the point of a Series with flashbacks? They'll tell us all about why they couldn't do it before as the series goes on. It's like saying why didn't they just build a boat and leave before the first 12 episodes of Lost were over...

Aceo
UKCS Sponsor
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Postby Wizav on Thu Apr 18, 2013 12:56 pm

Nobody would just sit back and let the world go to shit, at the very least you would tell people what happened and that it CAN be fixed. They just watched everyone rape and kill each other thinking the world was doomed.

All they had to do was mention it while the government and armed forces were still standing.

Wizav
UKCS Sponsor

Return to Films, Television and Books Even!