[Movie] Alien, Aliens, Alien 3, Alien Resurrection

Talk about films, television programs or a good read you'd like to share.

[Movie] Alien, Aliens, Alien 3, Alien Resurrection

Postby XenocideWiki on Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:26 am

So anyone have seen them? :D im pretty sure many have!
So these Alien movies are my favorite movies, for now ^^
DID you guys know they will be remaked and added better quality, sound etc.? AND they will be in cinemas AGAIN! (at least here)
IM looking forward to see all of the movies remaked! And i really hope they'll remake the Predator movies too!
Post what u think here.
Do you like the movies? Are you going to watch them remaked? etc. :D
-XENO

Because... BACON! <3
XenocideWiki

Player: xenocidewiki
STEAM_0:0:69668919

Re: [Movie] Alien, Aliens, Alien 3, Alien Resurrection

Postby Lord Talan on Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:29 am

Hi,

I'll be the first to reply then.... :P

My thoughts....

Alien - brilliant film. Scared me crapless first time I saw it (I was around 10 years old in the early 1980's....)

Aliens - my joint fave film ever.

Alien 3 - utter shit. They should have let James Cameron do his proposed sequel to his own Aliens sequel (rumour had it that Arnie was going to star in it, off the back of the first 2 Terminator films (also written and directed by James Cameron) then made the top grossing ever films in Titanic then Avatar....). Stupid studio bosses wanted a fresh director with new ideas, and in the end the result was a fick up. In the opening credits it totally dismantles the end of Aliens. And WOW, Sigourney Weaver shaves her head... big whoop. Saw it at the cinema on it's release 20 odd years ago, and never seen it since.

Alien Resurrection - In two minds about this one. Originally hated it almost as much Alien 3, but then put 2 and 2 together and saw the the screenplay was done by Joss Whedon (think Avengers Assemble, and Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and Agents of Shield and the short lived Firefly.) so gave it another go. Joss Whedon himself slags off the film, saying it wasn't what he expected it to be once made. So I can say well written, but then badly made (directed, I forget who by now, but they killed the film off)

I don't think any of them need remaking (or touching up in film visual / audio quality) to be honest. I would see Aliens though on the big screen (I was just a little too young to see it back in 1986 for it's original release), but since I have bought it on VHS (remember them?), DVDs of both the original and director cuts. Then on blu-ray, which does nothing for the visual quality as it used 'stock' film on shooting, so could only ever look 'so good' and DVD did it justice. The 'grainy' look to it adds to the feeling of the film for me.

I know you specifically didn't mention Prometheus, as it has only recently be released so doesn't need a remake (or touch-up), but I was a little disappointed with it. I know Ridley Scott (who directed the original Alien film nearly 30 years previous) and the same producers wanted to put their own take on things, which is fair enough, but in the end left so many things un-answered and tried to cause more questions to be asked - bad move in my opinion. They knew what the audience wanted, and tried to stay away from it.

And as a side note, the Alien v Predator films were crap. Such a wasted opportunity. They could have been epic and ended up rubbish.

Cheers

LT
Early retired UKCS Full TF2 Admin Image I don't die. I just respawn
Lord Talan
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: Lord Talan
STEAM_0:1:7454406

Postby Wizav on Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:27 am

I liked what they did with the first movie, really good atmosphere and sense of terror plus you hardly ever saw the xenomorph.

Didn't really like what they did with the sequels, the xeno's are too common and easy to kill now. Predator movies are going down that route too. I wish they would make some sci-fi movies where humans get there asses handed to them instead of the usual hollywood crap.

Something like terminator where we lose the war and planet and just trying to stay alive in small camps, but scary killer aliens instead of machines or walking dead with xenomorphs instead of zombies :D

Wizav
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Wizav
STEAM_1:3:666666

Postby Matty1886 on Tue May 05, 2015 10:31 pm

looking forward to playing the new alien game - isolation - much more than seeing new films. I wreckon they'll be mundane and corny but perhaps not. Aliens was up there with the greatest action movies of all time and i don't think they can top it.
Slow and steady wins the race!

Matty1886

Player: Oddball
STEAM_0:0:8738979

Postby Binerexis on Wed May 06, 2015 8:50 am

Holy bump, Batman..
"Everyone just shut up and enjoy your arena."
"...But we don't enjoy aren-"
"SHUT UP AND ENJOY YOUR ARENA!"
Part three of my quest to lose my sanity

"Bin would get my Unusual hatz since he's the coolest, bravest, smartest and toughest admin." - Bruce Willis
Binerexis
Old Timer
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Extrodisian
STEAM_0:0:19678834

Postby SaintStrongbow on Wed May 06, 2015 5:07 pm

Binerexis wrote:Holy bump, Batman..

Surely that happens a lot in this section?
Sometimes you have to stand in the shadows; to see the light.

SaintStrongbow
Executive Admin

Player: SaintStrongbow
STEAM_0:1:19879963

Postby Binerexis on Sun May 10, 2015 3:05 pm

Surprisingly not. Often, it ends up in the "What have you just seen" thread.
"Everyone just shut up and enjoy your arena."
"...But we don't enjoy aren-"
"SHUT UP AND ENJOY YOUR ARENA!"
Part three of my quest to lose my sanity

"Bin would get my Unusual hatz since he's the coolest, bravest, smartest and toughest admin." - Bruce Willis
Binerexis
Old Timer
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Extrodisian
STEAM_0:0:19678834

Return to Films, Television and Books Even!