[TV] Helix

Talk about films, television programs or a good read you'd like to share.

[TV] Helix

Postby hagz on Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:19 pm

Is anyone else watching Helix on Syfy? seems om so far but anyone else think this could be a like walking dead with intelligent zombies?
hagz
Senior Admin

Player: Hagz/koalaty.ovh
STEAM_0:1:5480023

Re: [TV] Helix

Postby Shuriken on Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:47 pm

Just watched the pilot, liking it so far. Has a lot of similarities to a lot of shows but not so much in that it feels like it's been done before. Admittedly the whole "outbreak" scenario has been done to death but as a guy who typically can't stand recycled material it's gripped me quite well. Off to watch episode 3 now :)

Edit: Watched episode 3, definitely something I enjoy :D Thanks for the heads up
This is my sandvich. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My sandvich is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my sandvich is useless. Without my sandvich, I am useless. I must eat my sandvich true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy, who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will. Before lunch I swear this creed: my sandvich and myself are defenders of my country, we are the masters of our enemy, we are the saviors of my life. So be it, until there is no enemy, but sandvich. Om nom.

Shuriken
Old Timer

Player: `_´ HaemoGobliN `_´
STEAM_0:1:5456922

Postby Wizav on Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:05 am

I was looking forward to this show but It's not looking good

CDC scientist trying to catch an infected monkey with no protective gear then performing an autopsy on said monkey in a random unprotected room and without telling anyone else she's even doing it. Head of the CDC intentionally removes his protective gear to make some infected (intelligent scientists that have taken people hostage lol) trust him, really...? We are suppose to believe these people are the best the CDC have to offer.

Wizav
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Wizav
STEAM_1:3:666666

Postby Shuriken on Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:55 am

lol yeah, it's far from realistic but I appreciate that they've done that rather than drag it out with "standard procedure" and unnecessary character building. If it had kept on the way it was looking like it was going I think I'd have called it a yawnfest instead lol

This is my sandvich. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My sandvich is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my sandvich is useless. Without my sandvich, I am useless. I must eat my sandvich true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy, who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will. Before lunch I swear this creed: my sandvich and myself are defenders of my country, we are the masters of our enemy, we are the saviors of my life. So be it, until there is no enemy, but sandvich. Om nom.

Shuriken
Old Timer

Postby Wizav on Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:09 pm

It's not just the CDC though, literally everyone on the base aside from the security guards are suppose to be highly intelligent people with PHD or equivalents in there fields and they all act irrational , scared and lack common sense.

Granted they can't just follow real life procedure, the show would be over in two episodes, but then they shouldn't have set the show in a base full of the people on the planet best trained to deal with the situation and then make them all look incompetent. They should have just used any other generic research base like The Thing movie did where it made sense to see people freaking out, turning on each other and being paranoid. If the scientists continue making face palm decisions in every episode this show will just get cancelled

I had no idea landlines installed in billion dollar research facilities stopped working if the satellite breaks :lol:

Wizav
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Wizav
STEAM_1:3:666666

Postby Shuriken on Wed Jan 22, 2014 5:30 am

XD I completely agree

Shuriken
Old Timer

Postby hagz on Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:07 pm

well i have really gotten into this, it has more twists and turns than a twisty turny thing. Don't expect to pick this up in the middle and understand what has happened you need to see the whole thing from the start. but well worth watching.
hagz
Senior Admin

Postby re# Skilgannon on Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:14 pm

I am enjoying this as well tbh
for she is the Cat that walks by herself, and all places are alike to her

no matter how many times I put together the great jigsaw of life there is always the same integral piece missing that prevents the picture from being complete Annabel Rose Hardwick
re# Skilgannon
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Sunshine Snookums
STEAM_0:0:7668

Postby hagz on Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:26 pm

yeah thought it was gonna go off track a bit as there was so much going on in the earlier episodes but it is sort of coming together now.
hagz
Senior Admin

Postby xAcTioNx on Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:18 pm

i like helix also :cheers:

xAcTioNx

Player: xAcTioNx
STEAM_0:1:8796726

Postby Shuriken on Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:37 pm

I love the intro music

Shuriken
Old Timer

Postby hagz on Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:17 pm

yeah quite quirky and not what you would expect lol
hagz
Senior Admin

Postby hagz on Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:13 pm

this show just gets weirder i am quite addicted to it now lol
hagz
Senior Admin

Postby re# Skilgannon on Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:54 pm

me too, cant wait til the next one :D
for she is the Cat that walks by herself, and all places are alike to her

no matter how many times I put together the great jigsaw of life there is always the same integral piece missing that prevents the picture from being complete Annabel Rose Hardwick
re# Skilgannon
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Sunshine Snookums
STEAM_0:0:7668

Postby hagz on Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:01 pm

i will be honest i could have predicted half the story line but it is getting serious now lol
hagz
Senior Admin

Postby Shuriken on Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:27 pm

Yeah the latest ep has left me wanting the next one too lol. Some parts of the story were really obvious from the start, and usually that annoys me, but this show gets away with it

Shuriken
Old Timer

Postby xAcTioNx on Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:45 am

channel 5 (demand5) have no current showing of helix on thier schedule ?

xAcTioNx

Postby Shuriken on Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:25 am

2014-03-14 1x11 Black Rain
2014-03-21 1x12 The Reaping
2014-03-28 1x13 Dans L'Ombre

Shuriken
Old Timer

Postby xAcTioNx on Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:13 am

Demand_FIVE
In our mission to bring fresh, dynamic content to viewers, not all our shows will succeed, and when shows under-perform then as a commercial channel we have to take action. As a result, the thrilling drama Helix will come back later in the year on 5*, after under-performing on the main channel.

xAcTioNx

Postby hagz on Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:00 pm

hmmmm watched the season finale last night not so sure i am gonna like the new direction fo this but then i have to wait toll 2015 to find out i suppose
hagz
Senior Admin

Next

Return to Films, Television and Books Even!