[TV] The X-Files

Talk about films, television programs or a good read you'd like to share.

[TV] The X-Files

Postby Silkie on Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:29 pm

Just in case you don't know a new series of this classic show begins in March of this year.

Amazon have dropped all the original series episodes on Prime so as a big fan who was hooked from the pilot episode when it first aired in the UK so many years ago I'm preparing for the return of Mulder and Scully with a rewatch of my favourite episodes.

If you know the show it mingled a long running story with individual stand alone episodes which were so good the characters got brought back for further terror especially the Tombs character that grabbed so many peoples imaginations.

My recommendations for people who want to dip in the show follow and I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

Squeeze (s1e3) and the sequel Tombs (s1e21) are classics of horror that rely on the skill of actor Doug Hutchison to portray a truly frightening killer.

Ice. (s1e8) Has the feel of John Carpenters The Thing in a good way.

Detour (s5e4) Visually great with some great ideas.

The Post Modern Prometheus (s5e5) A fun episode made with tongue firmly in cheek.

Darkness Falls (s1e20) The duo are called in to investigate the disappearance of some loggers that are being blamed on eco activists.

Pusher (s3e17) A killer with the ability to push peoples mentally into doing what he wants.

Feel free to chip in with your favourites. :)
"I prefer the company of animals more than the company of humans.
Certainly, a wild animal is cruel.
But to be merciless is the privilege of civilised humans."
Silkie
Experienced Member

Player: Silkie
STEAM_0:0:523712

Re: [TV] The X-Files

Postby MelissaGilbert89 on Wed May 03, 2017 2:19 pm

Silkie wrote:Just in case you don't know a new series of this classic show begins in March of this year.

Amazon have dropped all the original series episodes on Prime so as a big fan who was hooked from the pilot episode when it first aired in the UK so many years ago I'm preparing for the return of Mulder and Scully with a rewatch of my favourite episodes.
All you need to start playing online slot machines is make sure you know what you want.

If you know the show it mingled a long running story with individual stand alone episodes which were so good the characters got brought back for further terror especially the Tombs character that grabbed so many peoples imaginations.

My recommendations for people who want to dip in the show follow and I hope you enjoy them as much as I do.

Squeeze (s1e3) and the sequel Tombs (s1e21) are classics of horror that rely on the skill of actor Doug Hutchison to portray a truly frightening killer.

Ice. (s1e8) Has the feel of John Carpenters The Thing in a good way.

Detour (s5e4) Visually great with some great ideas.

The Post Modern Prometheus (s5e5) A fun episode made with tongue firmly in cheek.

Darkness Falls (s1e20) The duo are called in to investigate the disappearance of some loggers that are being blamed on eco activists.

Pusher (s3e17) A killer with the ability to push peoples mentally into doing what he wants.

Feel free to chip in with your favourites.
:)

Great stuff, thanks :)
MelissaGilbert89

STAEM-1:5:12345678

Return to Films, Television and Books Even!