NHL

Talk about your favorite sport or club in here, or discuss a match you're particularly interested in

Re: NHL

Postby Deez.Nuts on Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:36 pm

B Johnson loves his job. First goalie fight in 3 years and it was a short one :D

Deez.Nuts
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Morbid Cowboy
STEAM_0:0:17684329

Postby Slippery Lizard on Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:25 pm

Yeh that was a funny ending. Fleury made me laugh when the camera panned to him, his expression when talking to johnson. The penalty stats also make for funny reading. On the NHL website, theyve got some small clips of other goalie fights, one from a Wings Avalanche game, that rivalry looked brutal!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Wings_ ... nche_brawl
The hit that started it all

Mass Brawl
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOCXfu_mWyY&feature=related[/youtube]

Im glad ice hockey has lost this extremely heated rivalry, it may have made it interesting but if i wanted to see people kicking the crap out of each other i would just need to go into town these days!
You think your safe, until you turn a corner i see a massive rocket heading straight for you.........what do you do???
WARNING: YOU CANNOT ESCAPE MY ROCKETS! (Big Hitting Lizard)
Slippery Lizard
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Big Hitting Lizard [LSS]
STEAM_0:1:20778156

Postby Deez.Nuts on Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:17 pm

I remember that brawl! Forsberg is supposedly training with the Avalanche again to make an NHL comeback too. He's easily one of the greatest forwards to play the game.

I know what you mean about heated rivalry, but you can still have them without having to have bench clearing brawls, which you'll probably never see again in the NHL mostly because of fines and suspensions they dish out for it, but rivalry is still good in my opinion, it can light a fire under a teams arse that are slacking, because they dislike the team/players and they want to make them pay by beating them with faster, tougher hockey.
Deez.Nuts
UKCS Sponsor

Postby Slippery Lizard on Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:36 pm

Forsberg to play for the Ava's again, http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=551802

And Pens Vs Caps rematch on now, should be interesting!
You think your safe, until you turn a corner i see a massive rocket heading straight for you.........what do you do???
Slippery Lizard
UKCS Sponsor

Postby Deez.Nuts on Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:12 pm

meh, got steamrolled 3 - 0 didn't even feel like we had any shots or real chances. Totally crap game. Malkin out with torn MCL/ACL and Crosby still not back anytime soon.

and YES! I read about Forsberg a while ago, such a great forward, one of the all time greats, a real complete player. Pens have some cap space when trading opens up... if only :(
Deez.Nuts
UKCS Sponsor

Postby Deez.Nuts on Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:01 am

Just lost 9 - 3 to the Islanders..... most insane game I have watched! So many fights with more coaches behind the bench than players at the end. :shock:
Deez.Nuts
UKCS Sponsor

Postby Slippery Lizard on Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:20 am

Just reading up on the game, couldnt believe the amount of penalties,

"On this night, the Islanders dominated totally on the scoreboard and more than held their own in a game that saw 14 fighting majors, 21 misconducts and 346 penalty minutes."

And the record is 419! lol
Slippery Lizard
UKCS Sponsor

Postby Slippery Lizard on Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:23 pm

Highlights of the fights,

3 suspensions have been handing out, a 10 game to the pens player who left the bench(Eric Godard), 9 games for the elbow to the head and continued taunting (Trevor Gillies )(utter disgrace, he should be banned from the game) and 4 games for the attempted sucker punch (Matt Martin). The islanders have been fined $100,000 for not controlling their players, not harsh enough i think, but tahts my opinion.

Eric godard was a bit stupid coming off the bench, it didnt really look like johnson needed any help!

This heated display was in reaction to a hit by Talbot in the previous game (hit shown in video above)
Slippery Lizard
UKCS Sponsor

Postby Deez.Nuts on Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:12 pm

Martin was lucky that Talbot caught wind of that punch, or it'd be Steve Moore/Todd Bertuzzi all over again, and Gillies was brought up from the minors for that game... which says it all about his role.

The team have been nothing since the 70's and 80's, and with displays like that it's not going to get any better for them, they'll just waste 1st round draft picks year after year going nowhere.

You're right about Godard not needing to leave the bench though, Johnson comes from old time hockey in his family, he can handle his own that's for sure. But I am kinda glad he did, because Godard is basically useless anyway, so 10 games gives us room to bring up some minor prospects.

It was a truely appauling display, I was pretty livid whilst and after watching it. :\
Deez.Nuts
UKCS Sponsor

Postby Deez.Nuts on Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:06 pm

Kovalev back at the Pens.... now all we need is Jagr! fingers crossed some veteran leadership will get us through this dire time of injuries
Deez.Nuts
UKCS Sponsor

Postby Slippery Lizard on Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:48 pm

How long before Gillies kills someone? Another 10 game suspension, stupid hit, he knew what he wanted to do.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=555042
Slippery Lizard
UKCS Sponsor

Postby Deez.Nuts on Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:50 am

the guys a hillbilly.
Deez.Nuts
UKCS Sponsor

Postby Deez.Nuts on Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:05 pm

Penguins won a game in regulation! woohoo

also...

Deez.Nuts
UKCS Sponsor

Postby Slippery Lizard on Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:15 pm

Disgraceful from chara, from a man of this status i would have thought better of him.

I dont like this:
TORONTO – National Hockey League Senior Vice President of Hockey Operations Mike Murphy today issued the following statement on Boston Bruins defenseman Zdeno Chara's hit in NHL game #996 last night against the Montreal Canadiens:

"I conducted a hearing with Boston Bruins' defenseman Zdeno Chara with respect to the major penalty for interference and game misconduct that he was assessed at 19:44 of the second period for a hit on Max Pacioretty of the Montreal Canadiens.

"After a thorough review of the video I can find no basis to impose supplemental discipline. This hit resulted from a play that evolved and then happened very quickly -- with both players skating in the same direction and with Chara attempting to angle his opponent into the boards. I could not find any evidence to suggest that, beyond this being a correct call for interference, that Chara targeted the head of his opponent, left his feet or delivered the check in any other manner that could be deemed to be dangerous.

"This was a hockey play that resulted in an injury because of the player colliding with the stanchion and then the ice surface. In reviewing this play, I also took into consideration that Chara has not been involved in a supplemental discipline incident during his 13-year NHL career."

Didnt he noticed it was late, yes chara got a penatly, but just cos he hasnt been disciplined in a 13 year career doesnt mean you can start getting away with stuff. I am very surprised that Montreal didnt come out fighting after the break, the previous game was pretty violent. Did chara have some hate from taht game?

My wises go to Max for a speed recovery and i hope he comes back into the sport!
Slippery Lizard
UKCS Sponsor

Postby Deez.Nuts on Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:33 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuRSLZ8LRRs that's the only thing I know about that may have caused a problem.

I actually despise the Canadiens, for their fans and their attitude of "entitlement" for everything but that hit was dirty, plain and simple. He knew exactly what he was doing and could have ended a players career quite easily.
Deez.Nuts
UKCS Sponsor

Postby Deez.Nuts on Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:25 pm

It all starts tomorrow! Playoffs :cheers:
Deez.Nuts
UKCS Sponsor

Postby Slippery Lizard on Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:43 am

It does indeed! :D

cant beleive its the playoffs already tho, its gone so fasT!
Slippery Lizard
UKCS Sponsor

Postby GazNET on Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:29 pm

Washington to win the Stanley Cup! :D
Sector Clear!
www.gaznet.com
GazNET
Exec. Admin (Retired)

Player: GazNET