World Cup 2010: Weekly Review

Talk about your favorite sport or club in here, or discuss a match you're particularly interested in

Re: World Cup 2010: Weekly Review

Postby Little_Devil on Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:25 pm

The best team won.

The Dutch players were still screaming foul after it was all over, they have some need to talk.

At least they won on yellow cards 9 - 5 :P
Little_Devil
Exec. Admin (Retired)

Player: Aurora
STEAM_0:1:6431437

Postby Sparks |UKCS| on Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:26 pm

van bommel crying has made my year. tbh
Holland were a disgrace and Robben tut tut.
Me
viewtopic.php?t=41375
Opinions are like bum-holes, everybody has one and most of them stink !
Sparks |UKCS|
UKCS Sponsor

Player: T2|
STEAM_0:1:17594487

Postby Xhiea on Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:07 pm

14 yellow cards - sweet. Not enough reds though...

Well done spain, chuffed for them :D holland were dirty.

Need help with signature text?

>>watch my video tutorial for help!<<
Xhiea
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Xhiea is crap at css
STEAM_0:0:5403780

Postby Seven. on Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:24 pm

I nominate Andres Iniesta for an Oscar. Pulling of a red by just letting your arse drop the the floor is A-grade acting.
And let's not overlook the action Carles Puyol pulled on Arjen Robben, if Robben had dropped there it would've been yellow, twice.
And last but not least, Webb you owe the Netherlands a fucking corner.

Congratulations Spain. I'm proud the Netherlands managed to secure second place non the less.

P.S.: 1000th post!
Seven.
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Colonel Seven.
STEAM_0:1:3465036

Postby Wombat on Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:34 pm

what a joke. every dutch foul was a yellow card, every spanish one he just waved away.....

sure, Van Bommel and De Jong were yellow cards, but the rest is just bull-shit!

Good coaching by the spanish chief of the referees committee guys....
If you smile at life, life will smile back!
Wombat
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: [RS]Wombat
STEAM_0:0:516408

Postby GazNET on Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:45 pm

Unlucky, Holland. :( <3
Sector Clear!
www.gaznet.com
GazNET
Exec. Admin (Retired)

Player: GazNET
STEAM_0:0:2825642

Postby Fung on Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:13 pm

S.O.Sniper wrote:Holland didn't really play bad... they just played evil.

That judo kick through Alonso's chest was epic.

Would just like to point out that Judo is mostly throwing people around, not kicking. Karate on the other hand. ;)
Right down the street a prostitute is selling the closest thing to love, that this country has to offer.
Fung
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: Fung
STEAM_0:1:4658869

Postby Fung on Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:17 pm

Seven. wrote:I nominate Andres Iniesta for an Oscar. Pulling of a red by just letting your arse drop the the floor is A-grade acting.
And let's not overlook the action Carles Puyol pulled on Arjen Robben, if Robben had dropped there it would've been yellow, twice.
And last but not least, Webb you owe the Netherlands a fucking corner.

Congratulations Spain. I'm proud the Netherlands managed to secure second place non the less.

P.S.: 1000th post!

Well, the red Heitinga got was fair enough. Iniesta did what Robben should have in the duel with Puyol, gone down. Sadly fouls are called less often if a player stays on his feet.
But all in all, de Jong and van Bommel should have been sent off in the first half in my opinion, so I think all in all Webb was inconsistent throughout. (Let's not forget Robben kicking the ball away, and not getting a card, Xavi doing the same couple of minutes later, getting a yellow)
Right down the street a prostitute is selling the closest thing to love, that this country has to offer.
Fung
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: Fung
STEAM_0:1:4658869

Postby RAMBO[EUR-ESP] on Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:57 pm

Oleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

This country is going to explode!!!!!

No way to sleep today!!!!

It was a deserved and predictable win ,Viva España!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ps:Holland deserved a few guys out ,luckily for them they only got 1 kicked out.Holland was dirty dirty :P

Referees are always against Spain,(remember last Korea WC :scratch: ) and this one of course tried hard!
Last edited by RAMBO[EUR-ESP] on Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
CSS Admin
RAMBO[EUR-ESP]
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: ®AMBO™
STEAM_0:0:6944480

Postby Azzy on Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:17 am

Sadly the game of football consists of divers and cheats. Quite ironic how Robben was joint top of the biggest divers in the English league alongside Cristiano Ronaldo, yet he stayed on his feet because he was not in the box, stands on Casillas then falls over :/

Was an ok first half, fairly better second. I think Webb did really well apart from the corner that wasn't, not sure where he/his linesman were stood, I didn't realise until seeing the replay that it should of been a corner. He also did well due to the amount of whining from both Dutch and Spanish players, I also do not agree with them waving their hands as if to say give him a card, they should be sent off instantly for it.

Both teams had their chances, but I feel Holland sat back similar to the way Germany did against Spain, they didn't seem to want to play more like defend. Spain were the better team in the tournament, maybe Holland for the next one? They also need to get a striker on the pitch who scores goals, that person and Sneijder would dominate!

All in all, well done Spain, the goal they scored was well worked, nicely weighted pass from Fabregas and an awesome strike from Iniesta.
Forum Moderator
CSS Admin
Use the UKCS Uploader to upload images/files.
Azzy
UKCS Admin

Player: Azzy
STEAM_0:1:7114108

Postby Xhiea on Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:08 am

Wombat wrote:what a joke. every dutch foul was a yellow card, every spanish one he just waved away.....

Van bommel and de Jong should have been straight red cards, holland deserved all of the yellow cards for all of the dirty challenges. Don't forget that Spain still got 5 yellows, in any other game that is a lot of cards.

Need help with signature text?

>>watch my video tutorial for help!<<
Xhiea
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Xhiea is crap at css
STEAM_0:0:5403780

Postby Enigma on Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:36 am

Wombat wrote:what a joke. every dutch foul was a yellow card, every spanish one he just waved away.....

Yeah it's BS, he should give them red cards straight away. Kick someone to chest and only get yellow?
Enigma
UKCS Sponsor

Player: nice dead server lmao
STEAM_0:1:29505170

Postby S.O.Sniper on Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:28 am

Sorry, but Holland don't have excuses. The referee was far too forgiving to Holland throughout the match (he clearly didn't want to red card players). Most referees would have had Holland down to 9 men before the first half ended. The fact Holland had 11 men on the pitch for so long is itself a joke, and clearly Webb being so forgiving was a huge advantage to Holland.

I don't really blame Ineista too much for play acting. He did overact quite a bit, but Holland were constantly fouling him and getting away with murder. He's going to start playing it up more if he wants the ref to do something. The only thing I didn't like was him lashing out at (was it van bommel?) in the second half.

There were only two Holland players I had respect for by the end of that game: the GK (forget his name, but he made a great save) and Robben who was the only Holland outfielder who actually got the ball down and played good football.
S.O.Sniper
Home Member

Postby Little_Devil on Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:51 am

I think Web did a very good job under difficult circumstances. He kept the game moving and refrained from giving red cards to many players that should have got them.
Can you imagine how many players would have been left on the field if he had started to dish out the red cards and how many Dutch players would actually have been left playing.

As far as the corner is concerned, I think Web was well out of position along with the linesmen, and even the commentators were saying he was a long way from the players at that point, and even any other referee would have done the same thing.

It is easy to decry a ref, but he has to go on what he actually sees and his decision is final. Some of his judgements were pretty damned good, given a number of incidents that he judged on.
There were a number of instances where I thought his decision was wrong, but after seeing the slow motion replay of the incident, understood that he was perfectly correct in his decision.

Lets face it, how often did you actually see the Dutch play sparkling football, and how often were they an actual threat to Spain by being in the Spanish half. All I saw was Spain dominating the Dutch completely, and apart from a few desperate dashes down the field, the Dutch spent the majority of the game in their own half.

As an observation, this Dutch team were nothing like the best teams the Dutch have put forward in the past, and I found their play, besides all the fouling and theatrics, to be lacklustre and quite boring for the most part, the best players on the team being the 2 defenders and the goal keeper.
Little_Devil
Exec. Admin (Retired)

Player: Aurora
STEAM_0:1:6431437

Postby Bourne_inFINity on Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:33 am

Diego Forlan was chosen player of the tournament. Imo a good choice, even though there were a lot of players who could´ve been chosen.
Bourne_inFINity
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: Bourne
STEAM_0:0:5988774

Postby EvolvedMonkey on Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:51 am

Well all in all I think it has been a very poor World Cup apart from a handful of good matches.

Italy 2 - 3 Slovakia
Japan 3 - 1 Denmark
Uruguay 1 - 1 Ghana
Germany 4 - 0 Argentina
Uruguay 2 - 3 Germany

They were my favourite games of the tournament.
But I'm feeling good, And if you don't exist, you're still one illusion that I can't resist
EvolvedMonkey
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: EvolvedMonkey
STEAM_0:0:183417

Postby Glitch on Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:09 am

Intense final, no goals for so long and then almost near penalties...aggressive players, but hey, taking risks is part of the game, if you can take your opponent out, you'll try to. Bad referee imo, not allowing that last corner was just plain stupid, a blind person could see that. (hey, even Spain thinks bad bout the guy).. but in the end the best team won ;) No need for beautiful games, it's the score that counts in the end, both teams did well.

Plus an epic moment to never forget:

xD
Glitch
Home Member

Player: Nyacide Green
STEAM_0:1:25203245

Postby cowboyfromhell on Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:36 am

Well played Spain! :lol: :lol:

The best team over a month won.
Senior Forum Moderator, CS:GO Admin, ex-TF2 & CSS Admin
Add me to Steam Friends if you need a hand. :)
Use the UKCS Uploader for your pictures, it's free for members!

ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!
Xerxes wrote:Worst. Senior. Mod. Eva.
cowboyfromhell
Senior Moderator
UKCS Admin

Player: Cowboy
STEAM_0:1:10068175

Postby G3!ST on Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:09 pm

the ref did well, such crap that people turn on the ref. He had to deal with a ridiculous amount of fouls and physical play whilst trying to keep the fluidity of the match. i thought they did well, and he made little or no wrong decisions, just missed a couple of things which they don't have hundreds of camera angles for them to review it like we do. entertaining game if not quality football and glad spain won, shame i came bcak from spain one day early cos sure the atmosphere must be great there now.
G3!ST
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Incredibru
STEAM_0:0:6011571

Postby WAR on Mon Jul 12, 2010 12:25 pm

I feel sorry for the ref, you could see that with each yellow card he gave out he hated it, but they didn't give him a choice, you could see he was holding back on getting out the red as well, I think he just wanted a perfect game for him.
TC- you sir, are one pain in the ass!
Imp- you've been offline for a while and you dont have a life. i am confused.
Kan- War is annoying to play against I will agree, but he isn't cheating.

:D

My Youtube account with TF2 videos of epic and win
WAR
UKCS Sponsor

Player: warhuryeah.gg
STEAM_0:1:18284023

PreviousNext

Return to Sports & Motoring