Traning Time

Talk about your favorite sport or club in here, or discuss a match you're particularly interested in

Traning Time

Postby Ouch on Fri Jan 20, 2012 8:12 pm

*I´m very good at traning but i want to build my lower arm muscles and need tips on some exercises!

*Then , i allways wanted to be a boxer but i need to inchrease my feet work and reflexes.
Cuz i feel slow when im punching on a bag or in the air , i want to be faster and controll my punches so they get harder and i can do many at the time (if you get it). explain = When i punching the bag the fastest i can , it last for 30sec then im tierd and i don´t now how to move my feets when im boxing... Most of the time i just stand still and punch.

*And i have heard that if you let the whater crane "flush" and put your eyes in the water , you can train away the "blink" reflex.
Is that true ?

*And how can i train my reflexes so i get more alert and faster at : moving, punching , "more alert in the head".
PLZ Respond and tell be the best tips YOU have !
Links from Y-Tube can also be good !

// Fredrik
Name : Fredrik aka Ouch

Ouch
Recruit Member

Player: ☜✯Zepter✯☞
STEAM_0:1:13359340

Re: Traning Time

Postby Blaze on Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:22 pm

Lower arm muscles? You mean your forearms?

In regards to boxing, best thing to do is join a local boxing gym and get involved as much as you can if you're really into it.
Blaze
UKCS Sponsor

Player: blazey
STEAM_0:1:22040076

Postby Ouch on Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:37 pm

Yes :P im swede you know ^^

Well problem is that boxing are 2 time / week and thoose 2 times im at work so...
Name : Fredrik aka Ouch

Ouch
Recruit Member

Player: ☜✯Zepter✯☞
STEAM_0:1:13359340

Postby Useless² on Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:42 pm

I train in Muay Thai so some of the 'tips' might not be too relevant but should carry across:

Footwork: The duel with footwork is trying to get the dominant position of your left foot (if youve a standard stance) outside of their right foot while also maintaining balance and agility. This will come over time but if you want to speed it up abit try light sparring but focusing on getting into better positions and not leaving yourself of balance by lunging or crossing feet. Keep on the balls of your feet and if you have distance to cover step jab DONT EVER lunge until your better or you'll get floored

Reflexes: Play squash seriously... Its a quick game and should help speed up your reactions or alternatively spar, focusing on quick punches rather than strong (that will come later with experience) or try Thai boxing, nothing quickens you up more than watching for punches, elbows, knees, and kicks

Strength: Lift weights and do plenty of plyometric exercises. Remember its isnt arm strength alone that makes a powerful punch it comes through the feet/legs then the hips turning over, the core turning, shoulders turning then the back/chest controlling the arm, and finally the arm extending. This technique will come easier as you get better. More fights are won with well placed punches than absolute wrecking balls, punches in bunches rather than one shot KO, this patience comes with experience.

So in short practice, practice, practice. This might not be what you want to hear but you cant be good without putting in the effort...
God gave me wind and waves...

...Everything else I can buy
Useless²
Home Member

Player: Useless²
STEAM_0:1:20542679

Postby Shuriken on Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:31 am

Definately recommend plyometrics for speed. All movement originates from the hip so keep flexible and concentrate on regular lats (for power) and glutes (for speed) exercises. Tyre training will help increase your leg movement speed and get you used to moving fast off the ball of your foot.

Wearing resistance bands helps too but make sure you rest up enough, muscle fatigue is the main cause of sluggishness in boxers who train too hard.

As for your flinch reflex, running in the rain helped me. Keeps your eyes moist and highlights the right muscles you need to hold until it becomes natural. You want to build this up gradually and avoid things like showers as they can cause more damage than good.

For footwork watch taekwondo. I weigh more than 300lbs and I'm still lighter on my feet than some of the smallest people I know simply because of taekwondo training. Shadow boxing helps too, it's one of the best warmups to do and doesn't get you pumped up, which slows you down.

Best of luck with training!
This is my sandvich. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My sandvich is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my sandvich is useless. Without my sandvich, I am useless. I must eat my sandvich true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy, who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will. Before lunch I swear this creed: my sandvich and myself are defenders of my country, we are the masters of our enemy, we are the saviors of my life. So be it, until there is no enemy, but sandvich. Om nom.

Shuriken
Old Timer

Player: `_´ HaemoGobliN `_´
STEAM_0:1:5456922

Return to Sports & Motoring