F1 2012

Talk about your favorite sport or club in here, or discuss a match you're particularly interested in

Re: F1 2012

Postby Ccpanther on Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:59 pm

Another brilliant example of how to lost a race from Ferrari :roll: and a masterful lesson from Red Bull of how to win a race :wink:
The Gentle or the Furious.
The Knight shield or the Warriors sword.
The Right and Wrong or the Wrong and Right.
The Open palm or the closed fist.
The Black or the White ?
Ccpanther

Player: Cpanther
STEAM_0:1:52146308

Postby rz- on Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:27 pm

Yep was a very nice race last sunday, the only thing i rather find dissapointing is that button cant keep up with the rest.

What the hell is up with him nowadays? One of my favourites and he just can't find the right pace..

Really looking foward to hockenheim, and will hope it will raaaaain like a madman.. Been a while... :D

And whats up with television rights? isn't BBC broadcasting every race? I'm very glad the dutch television hasn't got that problem, thankfully can watch every race :)

rz-
Recruit Member

Player: rz
STEAM_0:0:48200015

Postby Synaphix on Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:19 am

Won money for Vettel winning the championship! <3
Interested in joining the CSGO Admin Team? Apply here.
Interested in joining the CSGO Map Team? Apply here.
Synaphix
Executive Admin

STEAM_0:0:000000

Postby dcs on Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:13 pm

Only just thought was a good final race :) What you think will happen next year? :P
dcs

Player: dcs
STEAM_0:1:58424

Postby Synaphix on Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:26 pm

No idea but looking forward to seeing how Hamilton drives for Mercedes or whatever (someone told me that anyway - *looks at Sera*)
Synaphix
Executive Admin

Postby EWJ on Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:48 pm

He'll get some massive wake up call at mercedes.. they've been struggling for years and still don't look like they can compete with the top 3
God is a defect of the human genome.
Earthwormjim hes such a groovy guy,
Earthwormjim he rockets thru the sky,
EWJ
Old Timer
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Mr EWJ ®
STEAM_0:1:3498984

Postby Synaphix on Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:55 pm

Yeah but he can also advise them on tuning their cars up, improving them etc like Scheumacher (sp) did with Ferrari etc
Synaphix
Executive Admin

Postby dcs on Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:42 pm

Yeah but i have a feeling if it doesn't work out he'll go back to Mclaren sooner rather than later, im looking forward to Perez taking over from Hamilton though!
dcs

Postby Dauntless on Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:51 pm

I think Perez is going to end up like Kovalinen, his driving style isnt aggressive enough and when he gets aggresive he ends up putting his boat in a ditch!

Wasn't happy about a few decisions which went Vettels way in the last race - No drive through for causing a collision, no penalty for the early over take in the yellows, understand why he wasn't done for the koby overtake but they need to make it clearer in future - but hey thats what makes the sport interesting.

Hammy's season is going to go one of 2 ways next year, either the car will be like the Brawn's and he wins or it's going to be as bad as it was this season and he will go back to McLaren. Sad to see him leave though, always been a McLaren fan and that will never change.

Last thing, I hated that F1 went to Sky but after watching it on Sky that first race (I have the sports already and hd so got it for free) I couldn't believe how much better it was and how it grew over the season. All i miss was the opening track to the BBC F1 :D
*cough* Sky Fan Boi *cough* I can't help it, they give me everything for free!
Dauntless
Senior Admin

Player: Dauntless
STEAM_0:1:19137211

Postby sNaKeBiTe on Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:40 pm

Dauntless wrote:understand why he wasn't done for the koby overtake but they need to make it clearer in future

The FIA said that it was a yellow-red flag to make the drivers aware of a slippery surface.

I'm not a big Vettel fan, but I have to say that he drove exceptionally well in that race and overall deserved to win the championship.

sNaKeBiTe

Player: sNaKeBiTe
STEAM_0:1:10928581

Postby Seraphina on Wed Nov 28, 2012 6:37 am

Dauntless, I agree with you on Perez and I actually think McLaren will have a hard time winning races next year unless they build an unbeatable car. Perez isn't aggressive enough and neither is Button, plus he needs car setup, tires, etc. to be perfect to win.
Hamilton has his work cut out for him next year. I don't think they can build a really great car (yet) at Mercedes but I understand they got some new people into the team so who knows. I really hope he eventually gets to show that he doesn't need McLaren to win races regularly. :P
2013 will hopefully be an interesting year all around.
You've had your last regrets, reached your final depths, deepest pits.
Stepped aside for the world to pass you by, chose to leave the fear.
You are stuck in a world of deadlocks...
Seraphina
Home Member

Player: Seraphina
STEAM_0:1:8420977

Postby Dauntless on Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:07 am

sNaKeBiTe wrote:
Dauntless wrote:understand why he wasn't done for the koby overtake but they need to make it clearer in future

The FIA said that it was a yellow-red flag to make the drivers aware of a slippery surface.

I'm not a big Vettel fan, but I have to say that he drove exceptionally well in that race and overall deserved to win the championship.

Yeah maybe I should have put an "I" before understand. It was more the other 2 instances that grated on me.

In my opinion Alonso deserved it more :P

I'm really not a Vettel fan whatsoever, call it luck, FIA favouritism, Newey Nouse or whatever you want. He in my eyes is not at the standard of Alonso or Hamilton. The excuse that he won 1 race in a lesser car wears thin pretty fast. I even think that if you put him in a ferrari with Massa as his team mate, Massa would be faster, especially how well he was doing at the end of the season.

As Sera says, looking forward to 2013 season, might even go to Spa or Silverstone next year!
Dauntless
Senior Admin

Postby Seraphina on Wed Nov 28, 2012 7:21 am

Ah finally someone who agrees with me on Vettel. He's good, no doubt but most of the current drivers could do what he does in a Red Bull. Constantly getting just a little bit more out of the car than it is capable of, that's what makes a great driver and he really hasn't shown that yet...not consistently anyway :P
Seraphina
Home Member

Postby sNaKeBiTe on Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:17 am

Dauntless wrote:Yeah maybe I should have put an "I" before understand. It was more the other 2 instances that grated on me.

Oh, sorry. I didn't read that right :roll:. It was late at night :)

I think Webber is a good driver and he can't do what Vettel does in the same car. And unless we see a driver change at Red Bull we won't know for sure. Alonso is probably the better driver, yes, but only because he has more experience than Vettel right now.

I don't know... Maybe I'm just biased because I am from Germany and don't like Alsonso/Ferrari.

sNaKeBiTe

Player: sNaKeBiTe
STEAM_0:1:10928581

Postby Seraphina on Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:38 am

hehe, I'm German and dislike Ferrari and Alonso too but I can still see that he's better than Vettel.
Vettel may still get there as I also find him annoying as hell, that won't change a thing for me :P
Seraphina
Home Member

Postby Dauntless on Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:52 am

I never like Alonso, it was only this season that he started to win me over. Might be because he dropped some of his arrogance.

I don't 100% agree with the 2 drivers in the same car situation. Every driver has their car's set up to suit them and usually the number 1 driver of a team takes priority on set up/upgrades. This was shown more on the Red Bulls especially the season before, because all upgrades were first tested on Mark's car. If they worked (E.G he started winning) they were taken and put on Seb's car and Mark went back to testing parts each race, hence the comments "not bad for a number 2 driver".

There are very few drivers I actually like, Webber because of his attitude towards racing and how he accepts his place with grace, Hamilton because I saw him grow up in the team i support, Barichello because he was a great guy and sad to see him not get a drive this year and koby because he is a mental nutcase.
Dauntless
Senior Admin

Postby Seraphina on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:00 pm

Meh, was actually really disappointed with Kobayashi this year.
I loved what he did before this year, he was fun and exciting to watch. Don't know what happened this year with him but I sure hope he's back to being crazy next year because that's why I like to watch him :D
Seraphina
Home Member

Postby Dauntless on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:17 pm

Yeah I think he may have been told to calm it abit to ensure he finishes as many races as he can for points. Has he got a drive for next year?

Will be interesting to see how Hulkenburg does next year, I quite like him as a driver too. Di Resta on the other hand needs a personality transplant, he has got to be the most boring driver i've ever seen!
Dauntless
Senior Admin

Postby Seraphina on Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:34 pm

Damn, I sure hope so. Would hate to see him go. There's other drivers who deserve to be dropped much more than Kobayashi does lol.

And Hulkenberg is not one of my favorites after last weekend lol :P
Seraphina
Home Member

Postby dcs on Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:44 pm

I'd love Kimi Raikkonen to come out properly and win next year, like the BBC commentators said, he just needed to be that little more aggressive like he used to be and he could of been battling for the Championship this year just love how he is a completely different personality especially on the Radio and in Interviews :D
dcs

PreviousNext

Return to Sports & Motoring