What's your favorite gaming moment?

Chat about games you play when you're NOT playing on UKCS

What's your favorite gaming moment?

Postby Nish on Sun Jan 27, 2019 9:34 pm

We all love video games. We've all been part of this community for many years. We've spent thousands upon thousands hours of gaming in between us.

What is your absolute favorite moment you've had while gaming? What game is it and what made it so special?
Service Manager for Skedsmo Red Cross, Norway. Also, I like pie.
Image Image
Nish
Admin Cadet
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Nish
STEAM_0:1:17901503

Re: What's your favorite gaming moment?

Postby Nish on Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:44 pm

I'll start. L4D Launch.

I remember when the beta for L4D started. It was a couple weeks before the launch.

I was really excited about this. For me it was this whole new concept of a game, never had I touched a game like this before. At the time I was only 11 years old (2008). It looked like so much fun, and I really wanted it. lockwyn played with a couple of his IRL friends during beta and I would also try it out with them while playing on his computer. The only map that you could play was No Mercy. It wasn't the full one either, only map 1 and a shortened map 2.

Ultimately, I got the game as an early birthday present. (Couple of days before release)

There was a bunch of UKCS'ers who gathered a group of people for versus mode (4v4). I remember Alias being one of the drive-forces for this. He'd gather a bunch of people for mass-chaos in L4D and we'd always have a blast.

I don't remember all the people that joined in on this chaos, if you do remember, do type it! It's one of my favorite moments in gaming.

Nish
Admin Cadet
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Nish
STEAM_0:1:17901503

Postby Silkie on Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:11 pm

I'm old. My 1st computer was an Oric Atmos but Oric went bust while it was in for warranty repair. Then I went for a Commodore plus 4. They discontinued it. OK I though, go for the worlds best seller and stuff the attempts to get a good BASIC. So there entered my life the C64 and I spent the credit note on the Atmos on games. Took ages to get a datasette and the first game I loaded up was Ghostbusters. I was hooked. GHOOOOOSTBUSTERS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mw-XHU9l-hI
"I prefer the company of animals more than the company of humans.
Certainly, a wild animal is cruel.
But to be merciless is the privilege of civilised humans."
Silkie
Experienced Member

Player: Silkie
STEAM_0:0:523712

Postby LarryRid on Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:47 pm

One of my favorite gaming moments was from Witcher 3 when Geralt finally finds Ciri. That was so sweet in a game that's so badass. haha

LarryRid

STEAM_0:1:15660808

Return to Gamer's Retreat