The WoW MegaThread!

Chat about games you play when you're NOT playing on UKCS

Re: The WoW MegaThread!

Postby Gh0st.IRE on Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:07 pm

Hit 90 on the Shaman today and went to the Timeless Isle for the first time. SO. MANY. EPICS. I also died. A lot.
Ex-TF2 Admin. Forum Moderator. Add me on Steam or PM me here!
Heresy MMO Guild Member.
Gh0st.IRE

Player: Rear Naked Bugs
STEAM_0:0:12137987

Postby Synaphix on Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:45 am

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/3597-Ghostcrawler-to-leave-Blizzard-Entertainment

WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I get the job was hard and people put a lot of blame on him but in general he seemed like a right moron with his responses to people asking genuine questions because they felt cheated by changes!
No. I am not a nice man. It's important that you understand that. It's going to save you a great deal of time and effort. There is not a warmer, kinder me waiting to be coaxed out into the light. I am acerbic. I can be cruel. It's who I am. Right to the bottom. I'm neither proud of this, nor ashamed of it. It simply is. And in my work, my nature has been an advantage far more often than it has been a hindrance. I'm not gonna change.

- Sherlock, Elementary
Synaphix
UKCS Admin

Player: Synaphix
STEAM_0:1:36281577

Postby Gh0st.IRE on Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:50 am

The man openly admitted to no longer reading the Shaman forums because he didn't like people asking the same questions. Complete goon. Goodbye.

In other news, I've rolled a Mage alt.
Ex-TF2 Admin. Forum Moderator. Add me on Steam or PM me here!
Heresy MMO Guild Member.
Gh0st.IRE

Player: Rear Naked Bugs
STEAM_0:0:12137987

Postby DeanX on Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:27 pm

finally can post looms to any char on your account :D
*UKCS Old School*
DeanX
UKCS Admin

Player: DeanX
STEAM_0:0:4858412

Postby Dauntless on Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:56 pm

you can post looms across servers?
Dauntless
Senior Admin

Player: Dauntless
STEAM_0:1:19137211

Postby Synaphix on Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:04 pm

They were working on it, guess its working now as it was planned for WoD - I think you do <name-realm> though as it was on PTR, does not work for gold etc.
No. I am not a nice man. It's important that you understand that. It's going to save you a great deal of time and effort. There is not a warmer, kinder me waiting to be coaxed out into the light. I am acerbic. I can be cruel. It's who I am. Right to the bottom. I'm neither proud of this, nor ashamed of it. It simply is. And in my work, my nature has been an advantage far more often than it has been a hindrance. I'm not gonna change.

- Sherlock, Elementary
Synaphix
UKCS Admin

Postby Dauntless on Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:29 pm

bout time, I have loads of them on a server I no loner wish to use and didn't want to spend the money on a character transfer.
Dauntless
Senior Admin

Player: Dauntless
STEAM_0:1:19137211

Postby DeanX on Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:45 am

First time i logged into my account last night and now its locked for suspicious activity? WTF
*UKCS Old School*
DeanX
UKCS Admin

Postby Synaphix on Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:54 am

Just submit evidence in a ticket or whatever it asks, they'll resolve it within 24 hours - hopefully no one has tried logging in if they knew your email but updating to another email may be a good idea too if its for login (don't think they will tell you the exact issue?).

- Sherlock, Elementary
Synaphix
UKCS Admin

Postby DeanX on Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:14 pm

I doubt someone can hack my account but you never know, i have authenticator and sms protection. I changed my password thru there link account got unlocked went back on to armory and my account got locked again! Im assuming its some sort of error
*UKCS Old School*
DeanX
UKCS Admin

Postby Synaphix on Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:25 pm

Yeah but if they attempt to login even with an authenticator from an unknown/allowed address or computer whatever it records now it'll block it, happened to mine and I had to send photographic ID in :(

Oh and authenticator code can be bypassed/hacked ;)

- Sherlock, Elementary
Synaphix
UKCS Admin

Postby DeanX on Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:33 pm

They have replied back to me on a ticket, rather unhelpfull telling me what ive already done! From there response it seems my account hasnt been comprimised anyways
*UKCS Old School*
DeanX
UKCS Admin

Postby Synaphix on Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:36 pm

Ah that is good, you can rollback items via the website if it has now but gold is another issue if it did get hacked into. They do not usually tell you what you were getting the ticket for even if you are banned they just give some crappy auto reply :( lol

- Sherlock, Elementary
Synaphix
UKCS Admin

Postby Blast on Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:06 pm

Mine got locked too earlier in the year. Waited 2 minutes on the phone, gave them the credentials and it was unlocked another minute later.
Blast
Old Timer

Player: Blast
STEAM_0:0:55618158

Postby Synaphix on Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:10 pm

Aye if you call it is quick :D

Anyone tried sending looms yet?

- Sherlock, Elementary
Synaphix
UKCS Admin

Postby DeanX on Fri Dec 13, 2013 12:33 am

not yet but all you have to do is char name-realm name for it to work
*UKCS Old School*
DeanX
UKCS Admin

Postby Flawless on Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:14 pm

Synaphix wrote:
Oh and authenticator code can be bypassed/hacked ;)

Citation Needed.

It's susceptible to man-in-the-middle attacks (really rare), or if they are actively keylogging you waiting until the second you login and then using the same key to jack you (the key allows a login with it for I think up to a minute after it expires). Unless you are the NSA or someone has cracked This and managed to keep it quiet and everyone company using these passkeys hasn't noticed that they are getting random logins then yeah.

Think some people manage to get into others accounts by forging real life IDs and contact Blizzard too, Hydra was a supposed example of this.
F is for Flawesome
Flawless
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: FLawless
STEAM_0:1:6217222

Postby Synaphix on Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:02 am

Well, I cannot do it of course but yes - its not fool proof as that keylogger which causes client to crash then gets the authenticator code which is bypassed until they alter the password is how its done ^^

- Sherlock, Elementary
Synaphix
UKCS Admin

Postby Flawless on Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:29 am

Yeah, seems pretty rare and unusual(?). Anyone taking proper precautions (e.g. not a total idiot) isn't going to get hacked with an authenticator on their accounts.

"^^"
F is for Flawesome
Flawless
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: FLawless
STEAM_0:1:6217222

Postby m0lineux on Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:31 pm

Anyone play on Ahn'Quirj? Really fancy doing some of the older dungeons and Achievement farming if anyone fancies it send me a message on here.
m0lineux
UKCS Admin

Player: Tickler
STEAM_0:1:2177441

PreviousNext

Return to Gamer's Retreat