Modern Warefare 2

Chat about games you play when you're NOT playing on UKCS

Re: Modern Warefare 2

Postby Deadbolt on Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:01 pm

The smoke grenade that you normally throw on the floor to call the package in? You run and knife people with the grenade in your hand?
Deadbolt
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Deadbolt |
STEAM_0:1:28360180

Postby meyenburg on Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:03 pm

Exactly :]
meyenburg
UKCS Sponsor

Player: real1ty
STEAM_0:0:8411193

Postby Deadbolt on Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:36 pm

:O I will have to try this with the knifing class.
Deadbolt
UKCS Sponsor

Postby Wizav on Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:01 pm

Well the UMP has a slower fire rate, less acuracy and more recoil then any other rifle

It has one of the fastest kill rates in the game though which makes all of that a non-issue. With stopping power ump is 2 shot kill upto 40 metres and a constant 3 shot kill at all ranges after 40 metres.

Load up a big map with a friend and test it out if u want. You can 3 tap burst across the entire map on most levels just as effectively as M16 and Famas but ump still rapes in small areas and inside buildings where famas and m16 do not. Ump is also 3 shot kill with silencer which rapes in search and destroy.

Wizav
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Wizav
STEAM_1:3:666666

Postby alias on Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:10 pm

It seems some DLC for MW2 was leaked (only checked 2 pages back quickly, it might be older than that already). But it seems there are 3 new gamemodes coming and 6 new maps (+ 4 MW1 maps). Note that its not 100% confirmed though that these will be the new gamemodes unless these videos get removed on youtube.

It has been confirmed that there has been some info leaking on the new maps though. That video has been removed after a request of IW. If it was fake why would they even remove it? The only reason could be that its an insult to them but that doesnt seem the case if you check responses in that topic on the steamforums.

I only found 2 videos for the 2 new gamemodes and they only seem to be modded versions of existing gamemodes. 1 being a combination of HQ/Domination and SnD, and the other being HQ in a more domination like style (hold the nuke for X time). And again, these gamemodes could aswel been hacked by players themselve and not come from IW. Even though i dont think thats the case.

HINT: DO NOT TRY TO SEARCH FOR THESE GAMES. THERE IS A BIGGER CHANCE TO FIND A HACKED GAME THAT MESSES WITH YOUR STATS.
Now on the workshop!
Image Image

Currently working on: MvM Intercept (2nd place on phase 1 (layout stage) of the TF2Maps contest)
Add me to steamfriends (click here)
alias
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: Alias
STEAM_0:0:2502992

Postby Gh0st.IRE on Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:51 pm

The first seems legit as you hear Gaz/Ghost say "Global Thermonuclear War" which cannot be just crated by the hackers
Ex-TF2 Admin. Forum Moderator. Add me on Steam or PM me here!
Heresy MMO Guild Member.
Gh0st.IRE

Player: Rear Naked Bugs
STEAM_0:0:12137987

Postby Wizav on Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:20 pm

The first seems legit as you hear Gaz/Ghost say "Global Thermonuclear War" which cannot be just crated by the hackers

Does he ever say it in Single player campaign though? Could easily be ripped from that if he does.

Wizav
UKCS Sponsor

Postby Flawless on Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:12 pm

Most of this info is from when the game was console hacked. It seems very likely they are the new gamemodes.
F is for Flawesome
Flawless
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: FLawless
STEAM_0:1:6217222

Postby Wizav on Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:13 pm

Any leaks on the new maps atall?

Im hoping and praying they add Bloc from cod4 that map is pure win

Wizav
UKCS Sponsor

Postby Gh0st.IRE on Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:57 pm

Bloc was appauling, Two stupid building where everyone sniped from. Granted it was an easy 5/6 killstreak if you ran through it with an SMG but it just failed hard :S
Heresy MMO Guild Member.
Gh0st.IRE

Postby alias on Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:29 pm

Hmm, the videos dont seem to be removed yet. I guess IW doesnt realy care about that having been leaked. Also, the list of the map names or any reference on the valve forums doesnt seem to be removed either. Anyway the list of maps:

New maps:
Abandon
DCEH-The White House
Compact
Revolt
Complez
Storm

MW1 maps:
Shipment
Vacant
Overgrown
Crash
Now on the workshop!
Image Image

Currently working on: MvM Intercept (2nd place on phase 1 (layout stage) of the TF2Maps contest)
alias
UKCS Life Sponsor

Postby Wizav on Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:31 pm

No bloc , backlot or strike :evil:

Shipment is a fail map its just gunna be full of commando knifers , noob tubers and akimbo 1887's

Wizav
UKCS Sponsor

Postby Logic3 on Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:51 am

Officially bored of this game.
Image --- Click to add me on Steam Friends!

Logic3
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: Logic ☂- James
STEAM_0:1:13240398

Postby Deadbolt on Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:12 pm

Played this last night for the first time in a while. I'm only rank 22 so I dont have many perks or gun unlocks. Ended up having to play to mercenary team deathmatch because of clans dominating other games. Its no fun playing against half a team of noob tubers or akimbo shotgunners. Theres so many cheap ways to kill people on this game its stupid. The killstreak rewards just promote camping as well. I have no idea how this game is taken seriously in tournaments.
Deadbolt
UKCS Sponsor

Postby alias on Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:09 pm

With good players the akimbo shotgunners barely stand a chance as those know how to counter it. The killstreaks make it possible to dominate the other team more and also allow tactical ways of using them. Against a good team the lame ways simply arent working. And if it does they know how to change tactic against it. They do use noobtubers there also but there its often because people take cover very well and they become realy hard to hit.

It however isnt such a good game because infinity ward isnt removing the realy lame tactics. They realy made some bad decisions in some weapons, perks or attachments.

- Akimbo never should be very effective except when using low recoil weapons (as then you at least are able to keep the shots a bit more stable). If you would normaly use it with shotguns the shock would floor you, and with 2 machineguns you would also fall if you spray too long. And why do they add akimbo to a weapon that basicly already functions as akimbo when wearing just one? (rangers)
- Perks that resupply grenades (OMA) arent good also, it allows spamming. Scavenger also does that but at least it forces you to get into the battle to take the grenades from the floor
- Why do all AR's have the grenade launcher as first perk? Its easy to get it and therefor all noobs can easily use them and never learn to aim properly. they should have swapped it for shotgun as that requires a bit better aim and once that one is done you at least will be able to use the rifle as it should. And why 2 grenades? In WaW they complained about 3 grenades being too many. This basicly is the same but worse as its faster to use. And in WaW they cannot be resupplied. This probably is the worst decission

For the 1887 and care package. both are a bug and confirmed by IW and 'should' be fixed in the next patch (if it isnt out yet).

But the truly worst thing they added was a nuke... Why would you ever use a nuke when your team is being soo good that they can make 25 kills without dying? Only camping can couse that normaly and such things shouldnt be promoted with such instant win weapons. They should be able to assist you but all the hard work still should be done by running in and shooting.

At least nukes are very unlikely in competetive games. As soon as they see a harrier they will shoot it down or camp untill its gone. They would allow those 4 kills to fall or they will mass attack the Chopper or AC130.

Glad that on a ps3 camping is less effective as there is a limitation with how fast you can aim. On a ps3 the worst issue we have are exploiters of the care package and such. Or people that just knife each other in a corner for a nuke (at least its fun to hunt them with sitrep as their insertion shows up)
Now on the workshop!
Image Image

alias
UKCS Life Sponsor

Postby Wizav on Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:14 pm

Something needs to be done about g18 and akimbo g18's

Wizav
UKCS Sponsor

Postby Gh0st.IRE on Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:00 pm

Wizav, The game itself is broken. Its beyond reapir and wont be fixed. IW put the nail in their coffin. They jumped onto the OMG COD4 WAS PRO bandwagon anhd just vomitted every single idea onto this new game. Most dont even make sense.

Dual Shotguns? No, You break your arms/thumbs from the recoil.

Riot Shields can stop Harrier Vulcan Cannons? Yeah, Im sure they can.

Friendly EMP's

Friendly Heartbeat Sensors. Heartbeat Sensor in general.

Painkiller...

Final Stand - 1 handed sniper rifle/lmg.
The list goes on and on...
Heresy MMO Guild Member.
Gh0st.IRE

Postby Wizav on Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:11 pm

I think you guys are forgetting that it is just a game. Yeah its based on realism but its still a game none the less. I dont have any problems with the unrealistic things its just game balance that bothers me.

Nobody ever moans about how unrealistic perks are and why is that? Because its a game and perks are fun. I just cant see why akimbo shotty's and such becomes a problem for people.

Wizav
UKCS Sponsor

Postby Gh0st.IRE on Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:03 pm

To me there is unrealistic and illogical. I wouldnt mind that you can use perks and run super fast for no apparent reason, fair enough. Thats unrealistic but not impossible.

However, Being able to avoid air support by holding a bulletproof shiled above you head, as I said above, is just too much for me
Heresy MMO Guild Member.
Gh0st.IRE

Postby WAR on Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:33 pm

Wizav wrote:I think you guys are forgetting that it is just a game. Yeah its based on realism but its still a game none the less. I dont have any problems with the unrealistic things its just game balance that bothers me.

Nobody ever moans about how unrealistic perks are and why is that? Because its a game and perks are fun. I just cant see why akimbo shotty's and such becomes a problem for people.

Because the first one was a good winning formula, it required skill to become the best player.

They just practically ate the first one and shat it back out again and put it in a new case.

Practically the same product, but it's just not the same.
TC- you sir, are one pain in the ass!
Imp- you've been offline for a while and you dont have a life. i am confused.
Kan- War is annoying to play against I will agree, but he isn't cheating.

:D

My Youtube account with TF2 videos of epic and win
WAR
UKCS Sponsor

Player: warhuryeah.gg
STEAM_0:1:18284023

PreviousNext

Return to Gamer's Retreat