Dragon Age: Origins (multi)

Chat about games you play when you're NOT playing on UKCS

Re: Dragon Age: Origins (multi)

Postby Raines on Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:55 am

Mez wrote:Tell me about it Flawless, I've racked up around 18 hours since Xmas day!

Also what is everyones best party? I find that whilst having two mages is great, Morrigen dies so bloody much!

First thing i did was give Morrigan healing abilities, I wanted her in my party to the end and it worked wonders. but only 1 set into spirit, the rest i went arcane i think it was (been a while) so she ended up with some healing and the mass sleep + nightmare spells which are great.

Also if you guys want to know how long the first play through will take, and i listened to all the dialogue, talked to as many people i could find, did over 80% of the side missions and basically combed through the game as much as i possibly could. Even got both of the DLC's.

It took me 50 Hours, I was satisfied with the game entirely but a little let down since i read it can last up to 80 Hours, And that i didn't travel to Orlais or North Marches. Ferelden is a Very small part of the entire world, and you will go to MANY placed in it and know that future expansions will take us much further out from ferelden, So even though your jouney in ferelden might come to an end at some point, feast our eyes on this
Higher resolution found Here

Here is my Character at the end of the Game. Link
Raines
Recruit Member

Player: Numpty
STEAM_0:0:14970066

Postby Flawless on Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:50 pm

Story reminds me a little of Oblivion, maybe more so as I swear some of the characters sound exactly like the main protagonist from Oblivion. Finding it a lot more fun than Oblivion though. Currently running around with the old mage healer I just picked up, the witch, the warrior you group with at the start and me as a rogue. Works well, sometimes swap out the witch for either another warrior (as 2h rather than sword and board) or another rogue (archer).

Loving the different ways you can choose to play it, especially now that I've finally bothered to learn the use the tactics system and pause the game :p

Took down a dragon (Urn Q-chain) that was ball breakingly hard and required a few quick loads. Load times are also agonizingly long in places which annoys me, but that's really the only criticism I have. If you love epic RPG's with lore and storytelling get it.

If there was anything I would add it would be a Borderlands-esque co-op where you can jump into a friends games or they jump into your and can duo parts/all of it and continue solo if you please.
F is for Flawesome
Flawless
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: FLawless
STEAM_0:1:6217222

Postby Mez on Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:24 pm

Hopefully they release either a huge DLC or an expansion of the game. I'm sure there will be.

I have now completely removed Morrigan as the AOE friendly fire was getting too much. I had swapped in Leliana as I need a rogue/archer and she is proving an awesome choice.

Loving the different ways you can choose to play it, especially now that I've finally bothered to learn the use the tactics system and pause the game :p

I haven't yet paused the game for tactics. You should get to a position where you have enough tactic slots so that your party can run on their own. For example my rogue is set to attack mid-long range enemies with range and then swap to melee as the battle nears should me and Shale get overrun. Also setting tactics where your characters use their most powerful but yet most draining powers (Shales Killing Fist for example) on only high ranking enemies helps keep the battle balanced.

I would love another play through however I really REALLY disliked the dream/fade experience when doing the Circle. On my next playthrough I would like to cut this out - is there a dialogue choice to do this which doesn't impact the game too much?

Mez
Old Timer

Player: Mez^
STEAM_0:1:3620511

Postby SupaSharpShoota on Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:00 pm

Trying to keep everyone happy is draining, you cant please Morrigen and Alastair at the same time as they are so different in personality. I also discovered you can piss off the female party members if you sexually antagonise the npcs ie. asking for a kiss as a reward.
SupaSharpShoota
Admin (Retired)

Player: SSS
STEAM_0:0:2275281

Postby Flawless on Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:03 pm

I asked for a kiss and got one, then eventually an achievement. BOOYAH. And my word the dream sequence was so unnecessary it was stupid. Neat what it made you do, but boringly long to extend the quest.

Also just been saving gifts then bombing them all onto one person
F is for Flawesome
Flawless
UKCS Life Sponsor

Postby SupaSharpShoota on Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:23 pm

Flawless wrote:I asked for a kiss and got one, then eventually an achievement. BOOYAH.

Wah!? So there is reward in life for acting a perv :)

Flawless wrote:Also just been saving gifts then bombing them all onto one person

You are probably aware already but I found this handy.

http://dragonage.wikia.com/wiki/Gifts#Lookup_table
SupaSharpShoota
Admin (Retired)

Player: SSS
STEAM_0:0:2275281

Postby Flawless on Tue Dec 29, 2009 11:28 pm

Neat, I wasn't thanks for that. Will do the side quests and the like on my next playthrough just the main quest has me in a tight grip of "You're not going to bed until you get it done". Only had 4 hours sleep, started it at midnight today :p
F is for Flawesome
Flawless
UKCS Life Sponsor

Postby Deadbolt on Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:43 am

Decided I should try and finish this tonight so I can get on with work without being tempted. Switched my party from 3 melee and a healer to 2 melee, mage, healer. The mages had the same roles but one was more focused than the other. Wynne was the primary healer and also had the spirit spells which imprison enemies and stop them from attacking. Also got her the first freeze spell. Morrigan, who I added, had the first 3 cold spells, the Waking Nightmare line, and the first healing spell. I also got her the fire line just because inferno looks so awesome and it can do some damage. So good being able to disable 3 or 4 enemies at the same time pretty much garunteed. Made the fights much easier.

I hate how the ending didnt reveal much information about the baby. It has the soul of a god and no big deal was made out of it at all.

Deadbolt
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Deadbolt |
STEAM_0:1:28360180

Postby Flawless on Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:10 am

My word, dwarf quest was like playing Contra and Ninja Gaiden at the same time, that was wild.
F is for Flawesome
Flawless
UKCS Life Sponsor

Postby Flawless on Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:46 am

I really am
F is for Flawesome
Flawless
UKCS Life Sponsor

Postby Raines on Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:48 pm

Deadbolt wrote:Decided I should try and finish this tonight so I can get on with work without being tempted. Switched my party from 3 melee and a healer to 2 melee, mage, healer. The mages had the same roles but one was more focused than the other. Wynne was the primary healer and also had the spirit spells which imprison enemies and stop them from attacking. Also got her the first freeze spell. Morrigan, who I added, had the first 3 cold spells, the Waking Nightmare line, and the first healing spell. I also got her the fire line just because inferno looks so awesome and it can do some damage. So good being able to disable 3 or 4 enemies at the same time pretty much garunteed. Made the fights much easier.

I hate how the ending didnt reveal much information about the baby. It has the soul of a god and no big deal was made out of it at all.

I hate that we meet sandle with all those bodies around him and never find out what happened, or where the other guy is.
Also remember that we probably get to find out more of the baby etc in future games/expansions.

Raines
Recruit Member

Player: Numpty
STEAM_0:0:14970066

Postby Mez on Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:26 pm

Flawless - were you playing on easy? If you had done the side quests I'm sure you would have died at least once!

I have decided that, upon completion, I am going to play again (probably another warrior but using two hands...hate everything else!) however I am going to choose the most aggressive and evil options no matter what the outcome (byebye Wynne lol).

Mez
Old Timer

Postby Bourne_inFINity on Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:55 pm

I`ve already played this game through a couple of times just love it :D , now playing as rogue and i like having a fifth partymember :D

learn class specialization ranger and u may choose a wolf, a bear or a spider as fifth :D

Bourne_inFINity
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: Bourne
STEAM_0:0:5988774

Postby Mez on Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:00 pm

Awesome - is that a rogue ability?

I hate range RPG's though, love my melee :cry:

Mez
Old Timer

Postby Bourne_inFINity on Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:05 pm

I believe yes.
Bourne_inFINity
UKCS Life Sponsor

Postby Flawless on Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:07 pm

Mez wrote:Flawless - were you playing on easy? If you had done the side quests I'm sure you would have died at least once!

Normal, would of considered easy if friendly fire was turned on for that difficulty yes skipped most of the side quests. I think killing the optional dragon during the Urn Q and the dwarf dungeons in general where hard enough to not die during :p

As for the ranger, The spider is alright, much prefer Duellist and bard or assassin due to the synergy they can give with other melee classes.
F is for Flawesome
Flawless
UKCS Life Sponsor

Postby Blast on Thu Dec 31, 2009 3:59 am

most epic 16 hour session ever.
Blast
Old Timer

Player: Blast
STEAM_0:0:55618158

Postby Bourne_inFINity on Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:58 pm

There´s going to be a new DLC out on tuesday, return to ostagar.
http://dragonage.bioware.com/addon/rto
Bourne_inFINity
UKCS Life Sponsor

Postby jihn on Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:44 pm

Expansion pack coming!

Official site: DA:O - The Awakening
From the Makers of the Best RPG of 2009, Dragon Age: Origins, comes the first official expansion pack.

For centuries, the Grey Wardens—the ancient order of guardians, sworn to unite and defend the lands—have been battling the darkspawn forces. Legend spoke that slaying the Archdemon would have put an end to the darkspawn threat for centuries to come, but somehow they remain.

You are the Grey Warden Commander and have been entrusted with the duty of rebuilding the order of Grey Wardens and uncovering the secrets of the darkspawn and how they managed to remain.

How you choose to rebuild your order, how you resolve the conflict with "The Architect", and how you determine the fate of the darkspawn will be but some of the many complex choices that await and shape your journey as you venture to the new land of Amaranthine.

A Stunning World Expanded: BioWare's deepest universe to date just got bigger with an all new area of the world to explore, Amaranthine

* Unlock the secrets of the Darkspawn and their true motivations
* Rebuild the Grey Warden order and establish their base of operations at Vigil's Keep

All-new Complex Moral Choices: Embark on an epic story that is completely defined and reactive to your play style

* Shape your entire experience based on the choices you make and how your handle complex situations

New Ways to Customize your Hero: Experience additional spells, abilities, specializations, and items to further personalize and customize your hero and party

* Import your character from Dragon Age: Origins or start anew as a Grey Warden from the neighboring land of Orlais
* Encounter five all-new party members and an old favorite from Dragon Age: Origins

Even more Bone-Crushing, Visceral Combat: Battle against a new range of horrific and terrifying creatures

* Put your skills to the test against an evolved, intelligent breed of Darkspawn and other menacing creatures including the Inferno Golem and Spectral Dragon!
"The rover batteries have 18kwh of juice. The oxygenator alone uses 44.1kwh per sol. See my problem?
You know what? "Kilowatt-hours per sol" is a pain in the ass to say. I'm gonna invent a new scientific unit name.
One kilowatt-hour per sol is... it can be anything.. um...I suck at this ... oh FK it. I'll call it a "pirate-ninja".
All told, the Big Three need 69.9pn, most of that going to the Oxygenator and Atmospheric regulator."
-Mark Watney 'The Martian'
If you want something done, select a busy person‚ for the other kind has no time. - based on Elbert Hubbard
jihn

Player: uSayItBstWhnUSAYntn@all
STEAM_0:0:159716

Postby Mez on Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:59 pm

CREAMS.

Release date? Platforms?? Price?? I see it is March in USA but is that the same?

Should be awesome and hopefully you could transfer a character across ^^

Mez
Old Timer

PreviousNext

Return to Gamer's Retreat