Metal Gear Solid 4!! (Yep i said 4!)

Chat about games you play when you're NOT playing on UKCS

Metal Gear Solid 4!! (Yep i said 4!)

Postby Xhiea on Sun Mar 20, 2005 4:38 pm

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/593/593190p1.html?fromint=1

http://ps2.ign.com/objects/714/714044.html?fromint=1

Cant wait 8)

Even if it isnt directed by Hideo Kojima, still (hopefully) will own :D

I like the fact that the concept of the game will be "No place to hide" as kind of the opposite to MGS3

Need help with signature text?

>>watch my video tutorial for help!<<
Xhiea
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Xhiea is crap at css
STEAM_0:0:5403780

Postby Elghanz on Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:34 pm

well considering MGS 3 didnt really feel like another MG series hopefully MGS4 will be better....because isnt Metal Gear SOLID meant to be about Solid Snake not Big Boss well anyway besides the point MGS 3 still pwned and hopefully $ will be as good

Elghanz
Old Timer

Postby Xhiea on Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:07 pm

Elghanz wrote:well considering MGS 3 didnt really feel like another MG series hopefully MGS4 will be better....because isnt Metal Gear SOLID meant to be about Solid Snake not Big Boss well anyway besides the point MGS 3 still pwned and hopefully $ will be as good

You are right there, but in the original Metal Gear games you played as Solid Snake but it wasnt called metal gear solid. There are cirtain things in mgs 3 that relate to other MGS games so that may be the reason?

The original MG games pwned aswell, but are far less known. MGS4 would make a total of about 9 MG games

Xhiea
UKCS Sponsor

Postby Xhiea on Sun Mar 20, 2005 7:09 pm

The metal gear Edge wrote: The Metal Gear Timeline

Circa: 1987 -
Metal Gear, masterpiece of the genius Hideo Kojima is released for the MSX 2 Personal Computer in Japan and Europe. The game itself caught gamers' eyes with it's great graphics and never before seen gameplay where stealth was key.

Later in 1987 - A Nintendo version of the game is released in the United States. Kojima has nothing to do with the NES conversion/translation.

1990 - Solid Snake has another adventure that is covered in the game "Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake" for the MSX 2. The game was only released in Japan. Many think that the game is just the MSX2 version of Snake's Revenge but they're wrong. There were two different Metal Gear 2's.

Also in 1990 -
The second Metal Gear for the NES is released, but it was not developed by Kojima. The game itself is much like the origional NES Metal Gear. This time it supports nicer graphics, and a cast of supporting characters. But the storyline is lacking, and some gamers didn't like the new side-scrolling aspects put into the game. The game is marketed (by Konami and their company "Ultra Games") alongside "Super C" a Contra sequel. Both games do well in the market but Contra does better because of it's easier-to-learn control and it's action.

1990-1996 -
Konami continues to be one of the top game developing companies in the industry. The release a wide assortment of games, from their headliners such as Castlevania and Contra to games based on the once-hot property known as "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles." Along the way Konami ditches the extra moniker of "Ultra Games."

1997 -
At the 1997 Electronic Entertainment Expo, or E3, Konami announces that they will be releasing a sequel to the Metal Gear games of the past. This time, for the Sony Playstation console. A short tape is shown to crowds and people start talking. The talk continues as more information on the game is released to the masses.

Also in 1997 - Solid Snake was translated into English by Maarten ter Huurne and Takamichi Suzukawa. Visit Maarten's homepage or Takamichi's homepage for more information and the latest downloads.

Summer '98 -
More and more info about Metal Gear Solid pops up. Japanese gamers get a chance to play the game at the 1998 Tokyo Game Show. The game is hyped by gaming magazines to the exterme. At the 1998 E3 show in Atlanta, Metal Gear Solid is declared to be everything it was hyped up to be as gamers are allowed to play a preview of the game for the first time in America. It is also wins the title, best game of show. Metal Gear Solid is announced to be released in the fall of 1998.

September 4th, 1998 -
Metal Gear Solid is released in Japan. Buyers have the option of buying the game alone or the Premium Package, which contains not only the game but many other goodies.

October 22,nd 1998 -
Metal Gear Solid is released in the U.S. without the Premium Package option. Grr... The game recieves rave reviews and a whle new generation of Metal Gear fans arise.

http://www.classicgaming.com/metalgear/games.html

Xhiea
UKCS Sponsor

Postby Pr0digal on Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:35 pm

i want the follow up of MGS2!!!

it left to much open not to follow it up

Does Liquid find the Patriots?!?! Does snake manage to track Liquid?!?!

i wanna know :(
ImageImageImage
Pr0digal
Experienced Member

Player: Pr0digal^
STEAM_0:1:3674238

Postby revo on Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:47 pm

Pr0digal wrote:i want the follow up of MGS2!!!

it left to much open not to follow it up

Does Liquid find the Patriots?!?! Does snake manage to track Liquid?!?!

i wanna know :(

You should have watched it all, the patriots in the end had been dead for over a hunred years tothe end of the game, and snake does track down luiquid except liquid finds out the same thing aboutthe patriots.

Still want a follow up? =p
revo
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: who
STEAM_0:1:3865781

Postby Pr0digal on Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:06 pm

That was just from information Otacon managed to with draw from Arsonal Gear not from information what Ocalot was told. And if they really died over 100 years ago who was giving all the orders to Ocalot, and the Hospital controled by the Patriots where that Russian had her kid and all the stuff where the Presedent wanted to get into the ranks of the Patriots
ImageImageImage
Pr0digal
Experienced Member

Postby Xhiea on Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:18 am

The thing is about metal gear games is the amazingly complex storylines, have you ever seen mario with that kind of story? Its like reading a book and playing a video game at the same time!

Xhiea
UKCS Sponsor

Postby Guest on Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:18 am

well on the start of MGS 3 big boss has a raiden mask on dont he? so maybe on MGS 2 Big boss was raiden who knows? it has a very complex storyline dont it lol.

Postby Elghanz on Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:23 am

^
|
|
|
|

that was me lol forgot to log in lol

and Big Bosse's name was jack you see a resembelance here?

Elghanz
Old Timer

Postby xenon on Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:15 am

cant wait soon i will be fin MGS3 :D
xenon
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Xenon
STEAM_0:0:1015933

Postby Xhiea on Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:58 am

Anonymous wrote:well on the start of MGS 3 big boss has a raiden mask on dont he? so maybe on MGS 2 Big boss was raiden who knows? it has a very complex storyline dont it lol.

Nope your wrong there, you only look like raiden if you select i like mgs2 when you start the game. Big Boss was a character in the metal gear games back in the 80's but he died, solidus snake ( naked snake ) just calls himself that to look the part, also, he adopted raiden... didnt you listen to any of the cutscenes in mgs2? :P My guess is that raiden is The Bosses son, they look very, very alike. (The Boss aka The Joy)

Where you say his name is jack, the doesnt link raiden and solidus (naked snake) in any biological way, Solidus called Raiden jack because he is naming raiden after himself. So.. bloody complicated!

Xhiea
UKCS Sponsor

Postby Pr0digal on Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:24 pm

i dont think thats correct Xhiea. Solidus call him Jack after one of the names he made for himself when he was a child soldier which was Jack The Ripper and The White Devil. This is explained it the tourcher room of MGS2
ImageImageImage
Pr0digal
Experienced Member

Postby Xhiea on Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:30 pm

Pr0digal wrote:i dont think thats correct Xhiea. Solidus call him Jack after one of the names he made for himself when he was a child soldier which was Jack The Ripper and The White Devil. This is explained it the tourcher room of MGS2

Called HIMSELF jack yes... i was talking about raiden :roll:

Xhiea
UKCS Sponsor

Postby Pr0digal on Tue Mar 22, 2005 5:43 pm

i was talking about Raiden as well. Those were his names Jack The Ripper and The White Devil
ImageImageImage
Pr0digal
Experienced Member

Postby Xhiea on Tue Mar 22, 2005 6:02 pm

oki doke, but you are called jack in mgs3 aswell....

Xhiea
UKCS Sponsor

Postby Pr0digal on Tue Mar 22, 2005 6:13 pm

Yeah Jack is Snake aka Big Boss
ImageImageImage
Pr0digal
Experienced Member

Postby Xhiea on Tue Mar 22, 2005 6:15 pm

Ok list of all the names for solidus: Naked Snake, Jack, Solidus snake, Big Boss (not the real big boss who died in the original MG game) any more? lol

Xhiea
UKCS Sponsor

Postby Pr0digal on Tue Mar 22, 2005 6:36 pm

He was not called Big Boss, Ocolot just said he looked the spitting image of Big Boss after he needed the eye patch after the Jet - Helecopter - Stinger Missile battle.

He was known as Solid Snake as said at the begining of Big Shell but it said he wasnt the Solid Snake from operation Shadow Moses ( MGS1 ) as he died in the tanker explosion (which we soon find out he didnt)
ImageImageImage
Pr0digal
Experienced Member

Postby Elghanz on Tue Mar 22, 2005 6:40 pm

well we will all find out soon enough

Elghanz
Old Timer

Next

Return to Gamer's Retreat