[PC/XBOX/PS3] Battlefield 3

Chat about games you play when you're NOT playing on UKCS

Re: [PC/XBOX/PS3] Battlefield 3

Postby Deadbolt on Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:32 pm

Flare wrote:
Not that I will be bothered by future installments as the BF franchise will be put next to the CoD series in my books to not buy or follow anymore, BF3 in my opinion while looking and sounding awesome lost its path and became more about grinding out levels and unlocks than epic battles for flags... it simply doesnt have that pull 2142 had for me, though BF3 did have a few moments that did remind me of those days, the majority of my BF3 play was frustration ( mostly from the game crashing at launch, and other issues that just ruined the initial experience ).

I agree with this. I'm not sure if its the game itself of the newer 'COD/Halo' generation of players.
Deadbolt
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Deadbolt |
STEAM_0:1:28360180

Postby Bourne_inFINity on Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:27 pm

As a PS3 BF3 player I'd never even consider buying those item packs, well a bit too late for me anyway unless we're talking about Recon class, still wouldn't, just because it's my least played class. Also we received server rental possibility on this recent patch, an other way to EA/Dice get more money from BF3 players on consoles.
Bourne_inFINity
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: Bourne
STEAM_0:0:5988774

Postby Seven. on Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:16 am

Attempted to play after the recent (big) patch.

I quit after 30 minutes. What a pile of crap.

Tanks are made of paper.
The assault class seems useless as you can't counter anything being thrown at you.
Other players seem to (at any time) see me before I see them.

Ugh, I could go on for much longer but I won't.

What a pile of garbage this game is right now. Of course I might revise this opinion at a later date.
Seven.
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Colonel Seven.
STEAM_0:1:3465036

Postby MakeNine on Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:46 am

I played through 2 rounds after the patch to see what it would be like (hadn't played since months before) but it was so boring that I uninstalled both the game and Origin :lol: It was fun at first, but the arcade gameplay is just too simplistic for me, it's really repetitive after a certain amount of game hours..

MakeNine
Home Member

Player: [IG] MKNine
STEAM_0:0:5987970

Postby Cr4z33 on Mon Apr 02, 2012 7:10 am

I am selling my Viper helicopter.
It looks brand new and the price is cheap.
Only... be adviced... don't take off or you will easily be taken down after a bunch of seconds.
Oh also don't even think about shooting down a jet with heat seekers... they are f up...
Bah as I expected... :roll:
ImageImage

Cr4z33
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: Cя∂حﻉﻉ™
STEAM_0:0:4580092

Postby Deez.Nuts on Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:11 pm

I had some limited play the other night, the jet controls seem a lot better, machine gun seems to be the #1 weapon really for me still. I need more time playing it of course, but I hadn't played it in atleast 3 months, so I was a bit rusty from playing CSS mainly. I'm on the fence 50/50, so I'll give it some more play from time to time and see when and what expansion come out.

Needs more grappling hook ala Special Forces
Deez.Nuts
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Morbid Cowboy
STEAM_0:0:17684329

Postby windowmaker on Fri May 11, 2012 8:26 pm

So Ive just picked this up and sadly Smogsy's UKCS server is empty every time I'm looking for a game, can anyone pm me a decent server / servers where you play (if you still even play this) to start off and not get completely raped / be surrounded by people with names like XxX:::D34DLYSN1PA4L1F3:::XxX who just scream n00b at everyone?

Thanks in advance :D

windowmaker
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: WindowMaker
STEAM_0:1:6784095

Postby Cr4z33 on Fri May 11, 2012 8:30 pm

Hmm difficult to say... try searching for servers with one of the following words:
- Training
- Noob / Noobs

However there's no guarantee that there won't be rapers in there. :lol:
ImageImage

Cr4z33
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: Cя∂حﻉﻉ™
STEAM_0:0:4580092

Postby Logic3 on Sat May 12, 2012 9:49 am

Some servers I go for are "200% ticket" maps so they last quite long, usually has a mix of players and is always a good laugh!
Image --- Click to add me on Steam Friends!

Logic3
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: Logic ☂- James
STEAM_0:1:13240398

Postby SupaSharpShoota on Mon May 14, 2012 11:11 am

Logic3 wrote:Some servers I go for are "200% ticket" maps so they last quite long, usually has a mix of players and is always a good laugh!

Best way to generate large amounts of xp.
SupaSharpShoota
Admin (Retired)

Player: SSS
STEAM_0:0:2275281

Postby PREDATORPANTS|UKCS| on Mon May 14, 2012 12:03 pm

Image Image

Only one that ever included paced fighting, good use of squad mechanics, map ambiance and dynamic Team work, SOD BF3 and stay on this like i still do today!

The day they remake this or continue with it will be the next time I buy a newer Battlefield as they are going into a place that i cant follow atm.. </3
Welcome to the Battlefield...

"dread|UKCS| <on DOD#3>: omg des is doming me "
"dread|UKCS| <on DOD#3>: Im not having this, someone spec him"
"TC|UKCS|: Well done Predator! Brilliant work! :D" ty Mr.President

PREDATORPANTS|UKCS|
Experienced Member
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: солдат001
STEAM_0:0:18109619

Postby Flare on Mon May 14, 2012 4:16 pm

2142 was the BF game that really got me, I LOVED that game.
I played the demo to pieces, then got the full game ASAP and had a blast for hours at a time.

I loved:

Simplistic vehicles that still maintained a sense of skill required - you didnt need a flight manual to use one but did need to get some time in to master it.
Titan mode - A perfect blend of wide open battles, with tactical reasons to go to one launcher or another ( not just the ring a rosie flag chasing in Conquest ) and then a epic battle on and around the enemy Titan to finish it off. Titans also provided a safe respawn no matter what was happening ( sure you could mine the shield and mess up the flyers but you couldnt insta gib spawners all day.
Weapon balance - I never had issues with snipers or xyz who had burnt 36 hour sessions to get 10 levels above everyone so he could use the upgrades that allowed him to see in the dark and pointed out the enemy testicles for shooting at.
Walkers - A great blend of oh shit thats a lot of firepower coming here, mixed with oh hai theres this little vent under here that looks real pretty with C4 all over it weaknesses.
Static weapons could be used and you didnt get sniped off the nano sec you looked at the damn thing sideways.
City maps with reasonable vehicles distribution and a nice flag layout encouraging epic frontline combat with occasional flank skirmishing.

I used to have so much fun in that game I didnt even mind losing matches, it was the actual battles that were fun... not the bloody stat page after the match.

I am aware there was issues with the game but most cheater where ejected by competant admins when the servers were hosted by communities who was intrested in getting more players on the servers, there was a few issues of exploits and stat padding, some clusterfucks in the Titan battles with no lifers living in a corridor with infinte nade supply, the old air burst rockets and TK'ing ( mostly from the terrible vehicle to player collision detection ... I squashed an entire transport flyer of teammates in one landing, dove to the floor and flaired the jets for a soft landing but the teammates bailed too early and got squished ... I got ze boot from the server ).

To be honest though I doubt even a new BF2142 ( say remade on the FB2 engine would be any good, DICE would only pile on the upgrades and levels, make it only hosted by partners and use PB for all the cheat prevention , no spectating... ), it would literally be BF3 in the future skin makeover .
Sometimes keeping an eye on your stats is not a good thing :P

Some things are painfully obvious, others must be made obvious... painfully
Flare
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: Flare
STEAM_0:0:690038

Postby KaTTa on Mon May 14, 2012 4:42 pm

Titan mode! <3

Hmmm, think I still have 2142 lying around here somewhere, need to do some digging. :D
KaTTa
Home Member

Player: KaTTa
STEAM_0:0:25459580

Postby Bourne_inFINity on Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:33 am

Now that I've had some experience with the latest addition, Close Quarters I thought I'd write something about it. As I was expecting it is quite easy to get high scoring games in this mode especially with Conquest Domination. My best game so far has something over 80k with 3 medals in one round and playing as assault just reviving people and capping those flags with around 40 kills every round. But I love it because of that :D
And now in September when Armored Kill is coming I'm not really expecting much from it. This is because I'm on PS3 and if Dice is releasing their largest map I just don't know the point of it playing those large maps with 12v12. Don't get wrong, I love flying around on helicopters and driving those tanks but it might be quite lonely sometimes driving those things if there's not anyone to shoot at. But I'll probably give it ago if I'm still actively playing BF3 then, didn't buy premium because of that, not sure if I'm still that interested playing the game in the near future.
Bourne_inFINity
UKCS Life Sponsor

Postby n0rd on Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:50 pm

Battlefield wrote:We're building the biggest map in Battlefield history. Learn all about it at the Battlefield Blog. http://blogs.battlefield.com/2012/07/bu ... t=blogpost

oh and btw, BF4 Beta access if you pre-order MOH: Warfighter

More at: http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/rum ... ter-promo/
Feel free to ask questions - n0rd|UKCS| Image / Image
n0rd
UKCS Sponsor

Player: n0rd
STEAM_0:0:12198010

Postby Bourne_inFINity on Thu Jul 19, 2012 5:28 pm

Looks awesome and SNOWMAP :cheers: :cheers:
Bourne_inFINity
UKCS Life Sponsor

Postby n0rd on Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:44 pm

that AC130'ish plane! :D
Feel free to ask questions - n0rd|UKCS| Image / Image
n0rd
UKCS Sponsor

Player: n0rd
STEAM_0:0:12198010

Postby SupaSharpShoota on Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:43 am

wooooh new vehicles :)
SupaSharpShoota
Admin (Retired)

Player: SSS
STEAM_0:0:2275281

Postby Seven. on Tue Sep 11, 2012 2:17 pm

Armored kill baby!
Seven.
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Colonel Seven.
STEAM_0:1:3465036

Postby EWJ on Tue Sep 11, 2012 7:58 pm

started playing this again after ages @ i46.. they fixed my lag issues.. new update downloaded today and BAM! lag issues. Well played EA well played :roll:
God is a defect of the human genome.
Earthwormjim hes such a groovy guy,
Earthwormjim he rockets thru the sky,
EWJ
Old Timer
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Mr EWJ ®
STEAM_0:1:3498984

PreviousNext

Return to Gamer's Retreat