[Pc free 2 play] Planet Side 2

Chat about games you play when you're NOT playing on UKCS

[Pc free 2 play] Planet Side 2

Postby Khaja on Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:54 pm

ok so i've been hyped up about this game since seeing first trailers about a couple of years ago. It looks like it may be released this year but has no release date as of yet, much like GW2. So i was wondering....

Who else wants to create a UKCS outfit (the name used for clans in game) for planetside 2?? could be one faction or an outfit for each (depends on numbers of course)

or hell who is looking forward to it?
Khaja

Player: Khaja
STEAM_0:1:20690963

Re: [Pc free 2 play] Planet Side 2

Postby Picky Bugger on Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:31 pm

It does look really good. My main problem however is that I don't think it will actually be good unless you are part of a big clan; taking part in large scale coordinated battles. I don't see myself having the time or the will to be part of something like that. Although it being free to play is a massive boost.
Picky Bugger
Experienced Member

Player: Plok!
STEAM_0:0:6077179

Postby Flare on Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:51 pm

The usual problem of this type of massive FPS battle games is usually the BF series of issues with spawn camping, take that away and generally speaking players tend to work together even if not communicating.... happened a lot in the older BF series ( I especially remember it in 2142 , but even in BF3 if you got lucky to get on a relatively balanced server).

Since this game wont have static respawn or unprotected spawns... you can switch to a new area if you cant get anywhere in your current battle , and the footage I saw of it shows the spawns in marked rooms.
Now if only they will be able to deal with cheaters , and hopefully not by offloading that chore to Evenbalance, whose anti cheat is the most cracked and well known online... damn PB seems to kick more legit players than cheaters.

I am sort of hoping it works out, I miss 2142 style plays and Bad Co 2 and BF3 dropped the ball as far as I am concerned.... and damn that night time battle footage TotalBiscut showed off looked sweet ( tracer fire, headlamps, forts light up, oh man ).

I am more looking forward to Firaxes X-Com, and desperatly hoping they dont mess it up... but you know they will :P There is no way anyone could please X-Com fans... even if you make the same game, lol.
Sometimes keeping an eye on your stats is not a good thing :P

Some things are painfully obvious, others must be made obvious... painfully
Flare
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: Flare
STEAM_0:0:690038

Postby Binerexis on Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:02 pm

Considering the existence of the 'other' XCOM, it's going to be difficult for Firaxis to make a game the fans hate more than that.
"Everyone just shut up and enjoy your arena."
"...But we don't enjoy aren-"
"SHUT UP AND ENJOY YOUR ARENA!"
Part three of my quest to lose my sanity

"Bin would get my Unusual hatz since he's the coolest, bravest, smartest and toughest admin." - Bruce Willis
Binerexis
Old Timer
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Extrodisian
STEAM_0:0:19678834

Postby Picky Bugger on Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:39 pm

I almost agree with you for once Flare.
Picky Bugger
Experienced Member

Postby Cap'n Neuro on Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:20 pm

Flare wrote:The usual problem of this type of massive FPS battle games is usually the BF series of issues with spawn camping, take that away and generally speaking players tend to work together even if not communicating.... happened a lot in the older BF series ( I especially remember it in 2142 , but even in BF3 if you got lucky to get on a relatively balanced server).

Since this game wont have static respawn or unprotected spawns... you can switch to a new area if you cant get anywhere in your current battle , and the footage I saw of it shows the spawns in marked rooms.
Now if only they will be able to deal with cheaters , and hopefully not by offloading that chore to Evenbalance, whose anti cheat is the most cracked and well known online... damn PB seems to kick more legit players than cheaters.

I am sort of hoping it works out, I miss 2142 style plays and Bad Co 2 and BF3 dropped the ball as far as I am concerned.... and damn that night time battle footage TotalBiscut showed off looked sweet ( tracer fire, headlamps, forts light up, oh man ).

I am more looking forward to Firaxes X-Com, and desperatly hoping they dont mess it up... but you know they will :P There is no way anyone could please X-Com fans... even if you make the same game, lol.

Don't worry. Planetside deals with spawning in a COMPLETELY unlike-Battlefield way. Considering there are multiple continents, and if your faction is any good whatsoever, multiple spawn facilities in any area, that won't be an issue. In fact, tactical denial of reinforcements is a perfectly valid tactic, and if people can't deal with it in the way that Planetside handles it, they should probably go and curl up and go to play Hello Kitty Island Adventure instead.

In fact, there is NOTHING even remotely Battlefield-like about Planetside, and it handles the system brilliantly.
"The best laid plans of mice and men often break down to inherent cross-species communication barriers"
Cap'n Neuro
UKCS Life Sponsor
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Neuro the Legit Samurai
STEAM_0:0:3125332

Postby Khaja on Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:22 pm

I'm certainly gonna give it a go. Along with GW2 and my third year of uni it may be hard to juggle the time aha. I certainly agree with the 2142 style gameplay, loved that game to bits. I hate BC2 for the simple fact that it emptied the damn 2142 servers ¬_¬.

Flare wrote:.... and damn that night time battle footage TotalBiscut showed off looked sweet ( tracer fire, headlamps, forts light up, oh man ).

yes oh god yes night time firefights :3
Khaja

Postby S t e f f |DK| |UKCS| on Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:41 am

Just got my Beta key :D
UKCS Executive Admin and Forum Moderator
Click Here to send me a PM.

UKCS is an independent gaming community made possible by donations from its members
Sponsors receive VIP reserved slots immediately on all UKCS servers and game types for a period of a month or longer depending on the amount donated. If your total donations over time ever reaches then you receive life time VIP on all servers current and future. All donations of any size are welcome.
Click me to donate --->Image
S t e f f |DK| |UKCS|
Executive Admin

Player: S t e f f |DK|
STEAM_0:1:12364203

Postby The-Monk on Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:28 pm

I so want to play this game but have no Beta access. boo hoo </3
*I could watch Bieber get shot all day*
The-Monk
UKCS Sponsor
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: The Monk
STEAM_0:1:19305931

Postby Security on Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:28 pm

Well this is me not going to play this game when it is released:
An exciting time in SOE history has arrived and we are very pleased to be celebrating it with you, some of the most passionate DC Universe Online fans! As many of you know, SOE has partnered with ProSiebenSat.1 Games to provide and market eight of its games to players in Europe, including EverQuest® II, DC Universe™ Online, Free Realms®, Star Wars®: Clone Wars Adventures™, Magic: The Gathering - Tactics, and PoxNora®, as well as the upcoming PlanetSide® 2 and the next game in the EverQuest® franchise.

Source.

SOE effectively sold there Euro player base to a shady German company.
Security
Experienced Member
Honorary UKCS Member
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Security
STEAM_0:0:8446840

Postby S t e f f |DK| |UKCS| on Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:06 pm

The-Monk wrote:I so want to play this game but have no Beta access. boo hoo </3

Eyes on PlanetSide 2 on twitter, they are giving keys out ALL the time. Not that hard to get one :D
UKCS Executive Admin and Forum Moderator
Click Here to send me a PM.

UKCS is an independent gaming community made possible by donations from its members
Sponsors receive VIP reserved slots immediately on all UKCS servers and game types for a period of a month or longer depending on the amount donated. If your total donations over time ever reaches then you receive life time VIP on all servers current and future. All donations of any size are welcome.
Click me to donate --->Image
S t e f f |DK| |UKCS|
Executive Admin

Player: S t e f f |DK|
STEAM_0:1:12364203

Postby Khaja on Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:41 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... O9syubHTK0

joined twiitter just to stalk the planetside2 team for a beta key haha. I also found this the other week and wondered if anyone else had seen it.

i would love to see some actual water in the future.
Khaja

Postby Silent Image on Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:08 am

Got into the beta and I have to say if you join a semi decent squad that works together for the objective it can be an extremely satisfying and enjoyable experience.
Silent Image
UKCS Life Sponsor
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: SilentImage
STEAM_0:0:7831462

Postby Cap'n Neuro on Sat Sep 08, 2012 4:54 pm

Hitching a lift in a Galaxy the other day turned into spending about three hours the other night causing hell with a group of noble TR soldiers. This game is fantastic and every bit as good as the first already.

Can't wait for full release.
"The best laid plans of mice and men often break down to inherent cross-species communication barriers"
Cap'n Neuro
UKCS Life Sponsor
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Postby Picky Bugger on Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:45 pm

I do really want this, a good group FPS would be excellent. Give me a key Neuro, you git...
Picky Bugger
Experienced Member

Postby Cap'n Neuro on Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:16 pm

Were it that I had one.

I think the next wave of players is coming in soon. See if you can get a key via Twitter!
Cap'n Neuro
UKCS Life Sponsor
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Postby Picky Bugger on Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:46 pm

via Twitter...
Picky Bugger
Experienced Member

Postby Cap'n Neuro on Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:17 pm

The keys they're giving out for...pretty much anything are higher priority than normal signups, so it's worth a shot!
Cap'n Neuro
UKCS Life Sponsor
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Postby Picky Bugger on Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:47 pm

Picky Bugger
Experienced Member

Postby Cap'n Neuro on Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:07 am

If you do this, you bloody well want a Terran Republic character! None of those Barney cultists or uncouth Smurfs!
Cap'n Neuro
UKCS Life Sponsor
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Next

Return to Gamer's Retreat