[PC - MMORPG] The Elder Scrolls Online.

Chat about games you play when you're NOT playing on UKCS

Re: [PC - MMORPG] The Elder Scrolls Online.

Postby jihn on Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:37 am

Had a go last weekend, but did not get enough time in to make a proper opinion. Hopefully have time for a proper session next time, unless im off at sea ofc.
"The rover batteries have 18kwh of juice. The oxygenator alone uses 44.1kwh per sol. See my problem?
You know what? "Kilowatt-hours per sol" is a pain in the ass to say. I'm gonna invent a new scientific unit name.
One kilowatt-hour per sol is... it can be anything.. um...I suck at this ... oh FK it. I'll call it a "pirate-ninja".
All told, the Big Three need 69.9pn, most of that going to the Oxygenator and Atmospheric regulator."
-Mark Watney 'The Martian'
If you want something done, select a busy person‚ for the other kind has no time. - based on Elbert Hubbard
jihn

Player: uSayItBstWhnUSAYntn@all
STEAM_0:0:159716

Postby Binerexis on Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:50 pm

Yeah, I'm hoping to have more time next time.
"Everyone just shut up and enjoy your arena."
"...But we don't enjoy aren-"
"SHUT UP AND ENJOY YOUR ARENA!"
Part three of my quest to lose my sanity

"Bin would get my Unusual hatz since he's the coolest, bravest, smartest and toughest admin." - Bruce Willis
Binerexis
Old Timer
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Extrodisian
STEAM_0:0:19678834

Postby Wizav on Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:31 pm

I won't bother with this if they keep that £50 price tag, they should at least give 3 months subscription at that price.

Wizav
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Wizav
STEAM_1:3:666666

Postby BreeZe on Fri Jan 31, 2014 3:27 pm

Worst part is the special edition pre-purchase.
To many game companies are using these early access concepts, that allows people to get a headstart, fair enough I can live with that. But the pre-order version states "access to all races" where as there now is a special edition that allows you to play imperial.. errr what!? Yeah its real messed up and though I greatly enjoyed testing this and am a very dedicated MMO player, I dont think ill bother with this game simply because publishers are pushing developers in a direction that I loathe.

See for yourself:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-G4CFCU0fWM&feature=c4-overview&list=UUGhs9S33RAeT5DEuKTO4Oew[/youtube]
thereisnogodonlyme
Become a better gamer!
VIA Forums

"I pull, expand, boom bap, no high hats
To hide behind the fact your wack vocal's off track" ~Evidence - Soundbombing
BreeZe

Player: BreeZe™
STEAM_0:0:23697449

Postby Wizav on Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:52 pm

I don't care too much about imperial race, it's arguably the worst race in terms of racial passives and spells and it will probably be unlocked in a big main quest or PvE Challenge late game.

Wizav
UKCS Sponsor

Postby BreeZe on Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:29 pm

Yeah im not to bothered with that either, but I am bothered with this style of marketing that rewards people who spend more money than those that actually invest and earn it through game experience and time.

Imagine if Valve announced you could buy 10 kills for 1£ in CSS or CS:GO, a fairly poor example I know since game mechanics and concepts are so far apart. But it creates a massive issue for me personally that every company is using these pay2play models for their games. Because it attracts a player crowd and base I generally would deem as terrible, since after they bought that magical 12 legged horse than can fly and shoot fireballs from its eye sockets, they demand being able to buy X other addition to the game as well.. and then you end up with a World of Warcraft player base anno 2010+ that is self centered and arrogant preffering to boast and ruin others experience than collaborate for a common goal.

Taking the multi out of multiplayer, just a terrible idea.
Other MMOs ive played range from DaoC, SWTOR, WoW, Warhammer to Ultima Online.. and the magical part of MMOs is that early joined effort to achieve things, something that withers in time as people find loopholes or manifest their own success.. but a lot more rapidly it disappears when people can buy their way to things.

/rant over

Edit: not quite over yet, what the video from Force highlights is what is my main beef. You have a subscribtion based game that all players are paying a monthly fee to play and then you have all these added bonusses for people willing to pay more? Its just terrible. If you want to use that model of marketing you should make it a F2P game that has a shop with all these purchase options, combining the two is just a low blow and im heavilly opposed to it.
thereisnogodonlyme
Become a better gamer!
VIA Forums

BreeZe

Postby Aceo on Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:58 pm

The added bonuses from MMO pre-orders/collectors editions don't generally get into the pay-to-win area, these don't look like they have as well. Just some nice little extras for when you start, bonus xp with a friend? Sure, starts group play early. The mount is always one that gets put in...and the one that I least like usually because first mount is usually a lot of money relatively...A different race is one that I'm on the fence about given the racial bonuses and differences. Custom skin is flashy but meh.

The pre-order stuff on the other hand are nice like playing any race in any alliance. Early access really takes the pressure off in the starting areas so is something I like to see, vanity pet is vanity and treasure maps depend on the bonuses....

Overall though, the price is too fecking high.

Aceo
UKCS Sponsor
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Aceo
STEAM_0:1:8775008

Postby Wizav on Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:50 am

I just got an email for another Beta test this Friday to Monday.

Anyone else got it?

Wizav
UKCS Sponsor

Postby Aceo on Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:11 pm

Yup, not sure if I'll have chance to give it a go this weekend.

Aceo
UKCS Sponsor
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Aceo
STEAM_0:1:8775008

Postby BreeZe on Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:27 am

Ill be playing it most of saturday & sunday I reckon. :cheers:
thereisnogodonlyme
Become a better gamer!
VIA Forums

BreeZe

Postby Wizav on Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:36 am

12PM EST is 5PM GMT right?

I always get confused by PM/AM and noon/midnight

Wizav
UKCS Sponsor

Postby BreeZe on Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:16 pm

NDA has been lifted.. and if nothing else, then enjoy the beauty of the game. Sorry about the small resolution my monitor broke and im on this shite small one :(

BreeZe's Beta Gallery

For some reason the order is reversed, so might want to scroll left through them :scratch:

Edit: and the abundance of nude people on the beach is the last 30 minutes of the first beta, when 3 of us decided to start a beach party. After a good 20 minutes we were 200+ players on the beach :cheers: Which is why I love MMOs in the early stages :lol:
thereisnogodonlyme
Become a better gamer!
VIA Forums

BreeZe

Postby Synaphix on Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:43 am

I have a 'friend' code anyone currently participating should also have in their email, not sure if I have to be playing for it to work too but if not I can chuck someone a code if they want to try it.

Apparently we can post videos/screenshots and I think this or next one is when characters made = playable in the future tests (not sure about game release).
Interested in joining the CSGO Admin Team? Apply here.
Interested in joining the CSGO Map Team? Apply here.
Synaphix
Executive Admin

STEAM_0:0:000000

Postby Dauntless on Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:22 pm

Same^^ I have a spare code if anyone wants it for this weekend. FREE MONKEY!!
Dauntless
Senior Admin

Player: Dauntless
STEAM_0:1:19137211

Postby Zuki on Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:55 pm

+1^ have a spare code for anyone this weekend :)
Zuki
Recruit Member

Player: Zuki ibis.a
STEAM_0:0:41635243

Postby Gh0st.IRE on Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:14 pm

This game desperately needs a MINI MAP!
Ex-TF2 Admin. Forum Moderator. Add me on Steam or PM me here!
Heresy MMO Guild Member.
Gh0st.IRE

Player: Rear Naked Bugs
STEAM_0:0:12137987

Postby Dauntless on Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:24 pm

I went on it for a few hours on Friday night, haven't been back on it since.... all my subs have run out for other games so wondering what to play next, not quite in the mood for WoW right now, I fancy playing SWTOR or FF14. Might save some cash and just play Tera or GW2?
Dauntless
Senior Admin

Player: Dauntless
STEAM_0:1:19137211

Postby Wizav on Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:58 pm

^^

wait for Tom Clancys The Division

Wizav
UKCS Sponsor

Postby Flare on Mon Mar 03, 2014 10:28 am

I wouldnt advise trying FF14 (FFXIV:ARR), I played it to one class max level and while it was not too bad leveling it got real boring end game.
Crafting is pointless as dungeon loot and / or loot bought with special tokens is far superior to anything you can craft (except jewellery), and the materia system is also pointless as all the loot in dungeons / token bought has no slots for materia.
PvP is basically tacked on as a after thought and is too raw to be enjoyed, basically a simplistic Arena where everyone plays chase the healer, and any class with a cast timer is gimped by the Bard class as the devs made even auto attacks interrupt cast timers... besides its a secondary grind and a really toxic experience, I got told to kill myself in real life in 2 of my 3 tries at that mode.

End game is just a very linear grind progressing through a set sequences of dungeons / boss fights / Primal battles (most of them just hard, then harder versions of the battles you do in the story run... example Titan story mode, Titan hard mode and then Titan Extreme mode).
Boss battles are often rage inducing as most have a reaction mechanic where if one player screws up, wipe and restart... commence flame and rage, quits and AFK tantrums.
The rewards for end game are just more gear and everyone looks the same as the gear sets are clear progression, no real messing with the bits and pieces.

I also found the one character can do all jobs and classes a turn off, there really is no need to make a choice of what class you want as you can do them all or what craft you will do as you will do them all, or what to gather again you can do them all... and as end game is gated with time locks, you will have lots of time to level up classes / jobs .
World interaction is pretty limited as mobs dont give much exp and no loot except some crafting materials, no random gear loots or even gil so unless you need materials for your crafting it is not really worth killing mobs after you are done with the hunting / grand company logs... run past them to your objective, do the job and teleport back to hand in.

I gave up when I realised I was forcing myself to log on, and not looking forward to my time in the game... like a second job.
Sometimes keeping an eye on your stats is not a good thing :P

Some things are painfully obvious, others must be made obvious... painfully
Flare
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: Flare
STEAM_0:0:690038

Postby Silent Image on Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:38 pm

Tera is pretty good, used to play it when it was subscription based, so getting to play it for free is nice. Can always just try it out, doesn't cost anything.
Silent Image
UKCS Life Sponsor
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: SilentImage
STEAM_0:0:7831462

PreviousNext

Return to Gamer's Retreat