Home Member
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: ListerofSMEG
STEAM_0:1:5418592

Re: [PC - SpaceSim] Elite: Dangerous

Postby EvolvedMonkey on Sat Mar 28, 2015 4:06 pm

CMDR EvolvedMonkey
o7
But I'm feeling good, And if you don't exist, you're still one illusion that I can't resist
EvolvedMonkey
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: EvolvedMonkey
STEAM_0:0:183417

Postby The-Monk on Sun Mar 29, 2015 12:09 am

Cool I added you guys to the original post so people can easily find you.
*I could watch Bieber get shot all day*
The-Monk
UKCS Sponsor
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: The Monk
STEAM_0:1:19305931

Postby ListerofSMEG-2 on Sun May 03, 2015 8:38 am

So has anyone made it to Elite yet? I seem to have got stuck at Trailblazer (explorer rank) for ages now
i37 i40 i43 i45(Spec) i46 i49 i52(spec) i55
ListerofSMEG-2
Home Member
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Postby EvolvedMonkey on Sun May 03, 2015 7:22 pm

Im way off as i only get about 10-15 hrs a week playtime. Currently im Competent/Merchant/Trailblazer.
But I'm feeling good, And if you don't exist, you're still one illusion that I can't resist
EvolvedMonkey
UKCS Life Sponsor

Postby Shuriken on Sun May 03, 2015 11:27 pm

I haven't played in weeks but I'm nowhere near Elite yet
This is my sandvich. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My sandvich is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my sandvich is useless. Without my sandvich, I am useless. I must eat my sandvich true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy, who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will. Before lunch I swear this creed: my sandvich and myself are defenders of my country, we are the masters of our enemy, we are the saviors of my life. So be it, until there is no enemy, but sandvich. Om nom.

Shuriken
Old Timer

Player: `_´ HaemoGobliN `_´
STEAM_0:1:5456922

Postby EvolvedMonkey on Thu May 07, 2015 3:59 pm

Just set up an unused Kinect sensor for head tracking in Elite. Its pretty neat and free!

Just followed the instructions here http://i.reddit.com/r/EliteDangerous/co ... g_in_elite

You have to invert the Yaw axis and it needs to be well lit to work but its pretty good.

Had a blast in the current Community goal in Quivira using it.
EvolvedMonkey
UKCS Life Sponsor

Postby 13th Nightmare on Sat May 16, 2015 8:57 pm

CMDR 13th Nightmare reporting for duty :salute:

Only just started out after much and I do mean much deciding whether or not to get it. Managed a couple of deliveries which I'm pleased about as it is the start of my Elite Dangerous career. That and I was totally useless at the training mode. Could never find where I was meant to land so deciding to jump into the main game and found it so much easier to land for some reason
Heaven Doesn't Want Me. And Hell Is Afraid I'll Take Over
13th Nightmare
Senior Admin
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: 13th @ #i61
STEAM_0:1:23426932

Postby EvolvedMonkey on Wed May 20, 2015 10:36 am

Welcome to the Void 13th. :D

I've actually just set off to the centre of the Galaxy (Sagittarius A*) in my career. Its a long trip at 25,000ly there & the same back so it takes a while to get there and back. I actually set off a few days ago, but came back to claim my bonus from a community goal that had just ended. A few useful resources I'll list below that have helped me in my quest for Elite status!

http://www.elitetradingtool.co.uk/ - a website that lists current best trade routes between systems, although can go out of date quick as a lot of people use it.

http://www.edshipyard.com/ - a website where you can input a proposed loadout for a ship and see how it would fair in regards ly distance and power usage & cost/insurance.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/eliteda ... community/ a really good facebook Elite Dangerous Community that I am in. Helps out anybody and answers any questions with maturity.

http://www.fenris.co.uk/elite/ Another CMDR who has a blog that is quite helpful regarding tip and tricks.

Happy Flying CMDR o7
EvolvedMonkey
UKCS Life Sponsor

Postby Shuriken on Sun May 24, 2015 5:13 am

Got back into this. Thinking I need to clean my gfx card, the temp shoots up 20 degrees when stuck in here with the door closed all night lol.

Still catching up on the newly added stuff, feel like a total noob again which is exactly what I wanted when I took the time off lol.

CMDR Haemogoblin
This is my sandvich. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My sandvich is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my sandvich is useless. Without my sandvich, I am useless. I must eat my sandvich true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy, who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will. Before lunch I swear this creed: my sandvich and myself are defenders of my country, we are the masters of our enemy, we are the saviors of my life. So be it, until there is no enemy, but sandvich. Om nom.

Shuriken
Old Timer

Postby Shuriken on Mon May 25, 2015 12:51 am

Racking up cash pretty quickly, decided to pick up a vulture in the near future. Anyone used one much? It looks like it'll perform like a viper on crack so I'm guessing power and heat management will be trickier in long fights, same as the viper.

Shuriken
Old Timer

Postby EvolvedMonkey on Mon May 25, 2015 9:13 pm

Ive got a vulture Shuriken. Its a pain to get enough power and in battle you may have to turn off non essential modules to make some of the more power hungry weapons work.

I use the E3 Gimaballed Pulse lasers. I also have 2 Shield Boosters & 3 Hull Reinforcement packages. If I was to get the A5 Shield Generator I would have to manage my modules more efficiently but at the moment I dont have to mess with turning off any modules. I use it just for pew pewing, no cargo runs or scanning or anything. Ive got a T6 for hauling & a Cobra for multipurpose. I just downgraded my Cobra to go to Sag A* which im on my way to now.

Get the Vulture though, it will blow your mind at how good it is against NPC Condas & Pythons for the price. If your Shield goes down though the canopy is a little weak and can break easy so get some better life support.
EvolvedMonkey
UKCS Life Sponsor

Postby Shuriken on Mon May 25, 2015 11:48 pm

Cool stuff, it sounds perfect as a jump up from the viper :D

Lost 3 mil in bounties after a conda rammed me from behind earlier today. I ragequit lol.

Shuriken
Old Timer

Postby 13th Nightmare on Sun May 31, 2015 11:25 pm

Spent most of my money getting a new ship as I was getting fed up with my little Sidewinder, I went for the Eagle as it was one that I could afford, plus I thought it looked cool. I did think about buying a hauler for when I just want to spent time trading and making profit but I wanted something with a bit more of a kick and firepower. OK, it's not the best ship but it's served me well so far. I upgraded the cargo hold to hold 4 items which helped me complete a couple of missions and do some trading for a bit of profit.
Also got lucky when I was flying around and came across a signal. Had a few let downs from previous stops out of interest but I got lucky and found someone that was wanted. Luckily there was a couple of other ships nearby to help out and take them down. Ended up making 48 thousand credits because of that which means I'm all set to buy myself a Hauler when the chance to buy one comes around. Was chuffed when I saw how much they were worth as the most I made up to that point was about 17,000 credits
13th Nightmare
Senior Admin
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Postby Shuriken on Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:40 am

N'aww Sidewinder, I haven't been in one in forever lol. The hauler route was great for relaxing, basically making money doing nothing. I played a lot of hearthstone and read a few books on the way up to the viper lol

Shuriken
Old Timer

Postby EvolvedMonkey on Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:26 am

I still use a Sidewinder for taxiing. I never bought a hauler. A lot of pilots use them as a cheap exploration vessel. Its all about small steps though 13th. That's the best thing about this game, there is no set progression route. You can go about your career as you please. The changes power play is bringing is going to be awesome as well.
EvolvedMonkey
UKCS Life Sponsor

Postby Shuriken on Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:46 am

Freedom of choice is great but it's getting harder not to be dragged into things, they do make it all so inviting lol. Loving the way things are being brought into the game too. Also enjoying radiosidewinder.com during bounty hunting sessions, some of the adverts are pretty funny too.

Shuriken
Old Timer

Postby 13th Nightmare on Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:13 pm

Been a busy boy with my Eagle and upgraded it a little bit to make it more what I would like from it. Must have spent about 20 minutes deciding what I would like it to have. I've doubled it's cargo capacity and increased it's shield and given it a bit more firepower as well. So now if I'm in the middle of trading and come across a bounty, I can take part in that as well and make a little extra money on the side. As I have a little habit of getting sidetracked by getting curious about signal sources. Most of the time I don't bother with them but I do like to check them out to see what will happen
13th Nightmare
Senior Admin
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Postby ListerofSMEG-2 on Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:33 pm

I decided to take my Cobra on a mission to Sagittarius A*

I got 1200 Ly from home and made a decision to call it quits as my pathetic jump range of only 20ly would mean it would take me months to get there!

I got back to inhabited space in 4 days and sold my cartographic info for a cool 2.8 million sovs :D :D

Gonna wait until Powerplay goes live to buy a new ship as I have got my eyes on a Diamondback
i37 i40 i43 i45(Spec) i46 i49 i52(spec) i55
ListerofSMEG-2
Home Member
UKCS iSeries Attendee

PreviousNext

Return to Gamer's Retreat