[PC - SpaceSim] Elite: Dangerous

Chat about games you play when you're NOT playing on UKCS

Re: [PC - SpaceSim] Elite: Dangerous

Postby ListerofSMEG-2 on Tue Sep 08, 2015 11:52 am

https://www.dropbox.com/s/po98s7tmrqtl4 ... binds?dl=0

put it in

C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Local\Frontier Developments\Elite Dangerous\Options\Bindings

This is a hidden folder.

Some great keybinds as provided by Monk :D
i37 i40 i43 i45(Spec) i46 i49 i52(spec) i55
ListerofSMEG-2
Home Member
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: ListerofSMEG
STEAM_0:1:5418592

Postby Dauntless on Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:03 pm

Thanks, is that binds for the K&M?

All thanks to evil Hagz I decided to buy a Thrustmaster HOTAS X from Maplin because 1) I'm lazy and cant be arsed to wait for delivery and 2) because I had some money off at Maplin.

Anyone got a decent HOTAS bind(s) I could use as a starter? I want to get away from the keyboard as much as possible so I'm looking for as close to an all HOTAS bind as possible.

Cheers CMDR's!
Dauntless
Senior Admin

Player: Dauntless
STEAM_0:1:19137211

Postby hagz on Tue Sep 08, 2015 2:58 pm

without diverting you away from here best place is the frontier forums there are loads of options there. shout me on steam mate later if you see me on, I am using the name |DAS|Colonel
hagz
Senior Admin

Player: Hagz
STEAM_0:1:5480023

Postby Dauntless on Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:34 pm

I've managed to sort it out with some binds from a player on the official game forums, its running amazingly now and flight controls are far easier. I just need to learn the docking controls now and i'll be good to go. Just messing around at the moment before I clear my save and start a fresh with my new binds.
Dauntless
Senior Admin

Postby hagz on Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:44 pm

i still use the keyboard for thrust movements but i am sure you could map the top hat to do that. expect to make a few mistakes just do not get too wound up about it. if you crash and do not have enough cash to pay the insurance, just wipe and start again. you can be out of the sidey in no time once you get your head round it all. main thing is just have fun and like i said get away from eravate and the start systems especially in open play as there are some bad Cmdr's out there that like to prey on new players.

as for ship builds check out this site you can experiment with outfitting before you buy it can save you time and money.

http://coriolis.io/

finally whats your Cmdr Name? i will add you
hagz
Senior Admin

Postby Dauntless on Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:52 pm

FYI - Image of binds I'm kinda using, modified it slightly and found a way to optimise the non Joystick keys used.

I couldn't get the UKCS uploader to work hence the stupid link.

Can you change your name when you start a new save? its currently DauntlessUKCS but think I might change it.
Dauntless
Senior Admin

Postby hagz on Tue Sep 08, 2015 6:41 pm

if you wipe your save and start again then yes i think you can changeyour cmdr name
mine is Hagz funnily enough add me as i won't be changing mine
hagz
Senior Admin

Postby Dauntless on Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:48 pm

if anyone wants to add me in game my CMDR name is:
Scott Dauntless
Dauntless
Senior Admin

Postby Dauntless on Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:16 pm

At what point do I start considering leaving the start area, and how far is safe to go out to begin with?

I've just got a new Hauler and outfitted it, I've also got 60k in the bank. I'm primarily doing delivery missions atm but supplementing it with trading whilst I learn the trading well.. erm.. trade lol.
Dauntless
Senior Admin

Postby Shuriken on Thu Sep 10, 2015 10:25 pm

Any point is "safe" as long as you know how to run away from a fight lol. You can double your money a few times doing a rare circuit in a hauler, it's how I started my trading expedition. The risk with this is that the rare routes are a LOT more popular for pirate interdictions. Good practice for running away though lol.

Here are a few routes I've used:

At certain times of day it's the same as playing in solo, but prime times the action gets hot and heavy fast.
This is my sandvich. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My sandvich is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my sandvich is useless. Without my sandvich, I am useless. I must eat my sandvich true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy, who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will. Before lunch I swear this creed: my sandvich and myself are defenders of my country, we are the masters of our enemy, we are the saviors of my life. So be it, until there is no enemy, but sandvich. Om nom.

Shuriken
Old Timer

Player: `_´ HaemoGobliN `_´
STEAM_0:1:5456922

Postby hagz on Fri Sep 11, 2015 6:12 am

having spoken with numerous cmdr's when I started the basic answer was get away from the start location as soon as you can. get some credits and buy a decent FSD and move away. where you go is entirely up to you. headed for parutis/wolf 562 as I know there is a decent little trade route there.

rares are a nice way fo killing a few hours and making some serious money when you start out.

I am interested in your hauler set up would you post up a screenshot of the outfitting please.
hagz
Senior Admin

Postby Dauntless on Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:45 pm

http://images.ukcs.net/18591/2015-09-12_00001.jpg

Load out on the above link.
I'm just using this as a stepping stone to a bigger ship so didn't want to spend too much on the outfitting.

What causes a ship to overheat? Got to 6% hull damage earlier from over heating...

Also is it worth joining a group/private server?
Dauntless
Senior Admin

Postby EvolvedMonkey on Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:51 pm

A better rated power plant helps with overheating.

If you are wanting a decent group of people to play with I am part of a facebook group that's pretty good. Its a private group so you have to request to join. Its very active (7500 members atm) and any questions you have are answered pretty quickly. https://www.facebook.com/groups/eliteda ... community/

They have a private group ingame that you can join if you want. A lot of them play in open too and are always there to help in the game as well.
But I'm feeling good, And if you don't exist, you're still one illusion that I can't resist
EvolvedMonkey
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: EvolvedMonkey
STEAM_0:0:183417

Postby Shuriken on Sat Sep 12, 2015 5:27 pm

Most common cause of heat damage outside of lasers tearing you a new one is activating the FSD too close to a star. It's a pain in the arse if you're doing lots of jumping so it's a good habit to learn exactly when the temperature drop from moving away from the sun is equal or greater than the heat generated by the FSD charging up. I believe it's slightly different for each ship too, been in my anaconda for a while now so can't quite remember lol.
This is my sandvich. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My sandvich is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my sandvich is useless. Without my sandvich, I am useless. I must eat my sandvich true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy, who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will. Before lunch I swear this creed: my sandvich and myself are defenders of my country, we are the masters of our enemy, we are the saviors of my life. So be it, until there is no enemy, but sandvich. Om nom.

Shuriken
Old Timer

Postby hagz on Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:02 pm

you could get rid of the discovery scanner and put in another cargo rack but it will only get you another 2 tons but could be worth it as the discovery scanner would be pretty useless for you when trading.
hagz
Senior Admin

Postby Cap'n Neuro on Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:24 pm

It's not heat damage, it's character building!

Besides, if your ship doesn't look like

then it's not really been christened!

They're not scorchmarks. They're story spots.
"The best laid plans of mice and men often break down to inherent cross-species communication barriers"
Cap'n Neuro
UKCS Life Sponsor
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Neuro the Legit Samurai
STEAM_0:0:3125332

Postby hagz on Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:46 pm

finally made it to Sag A on Tuesday now for the long haul back

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthrea ... ost2823013
hagz
Senior Admin

Postby Dauntless on Thu Sep 17, 2015 8:58 pm

Awesome, big grats. It must of taken some serious patience and dedication!
Dauntless
Senior Admin

Postby hagz on Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:41 pm

Dauntless wrote:Awesome, big grats. It must of taken some serious patience and dedication!

a lot more than i bargained for thats for sure
hagz
Senior Admin

Postby Shuriken on Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:47 pm

haha damn, congrats man.

I wouldn't have the patience to log on to essentially jump repeatedly until I logged off for a few weeks. Hope the journey back brings you incredible profit :D

Shuriken
Old Timer

PreviousNext

Return to Gamer's Retreat