[PC - SpaceSim] Elite: Dangerous

Chat about games you play when you're NOT playing on UKCS

Re: [PC - SpaceSim] Elite: Dangerous

Postby hagz on Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:31 am

i am hoping to make at least 40 Million Cr but i cannot deny i did not scan as much as i got closer to the core lol. i intend to head through the neutron fields and take in a nebula or two on the way back.
hagz
Senior Admin

Player: Hagz
STEAM_0:1:5480023

Postby ListerofSMEG-2 on Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:50 pm

Great job Hagz. I'm about 4K from civilisation atm and am on my own mission to the core :cheers:
i37 i40 i43 i45(Spec) i46 i49 i52(spec) i55
ListerofSMEG-2
Home Member
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: ListerofSMEG
STEAM_0:1:5418592

Postby hagz on Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:39 am

there could be a slight change of plan there is a Community Goal for exploration data at Cemiess i am 24000 Ly away and 6 days to get back could make a pretty penny selling my data there if i can make it.
hagz
Senior Admin

Postby Dauntless on Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:38 am

I hope you make it, especially with the last event and the "blockade" by The Code. That being said, you can always solo in when you get there.
Dauntless
Senior Admin

Player: Dauntless
STEAM_0:1:19137211

Postby hagz on Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:03 am

tbh i doubt i can get back in time the more i think about it the less likely i am to make it lol.
hagz
Senior Admin

Postby Dauntless on Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:16 am

Thinking about getting into running rare trades but unsure whether to get a cobra and outfit it as I have enough to do so or just carry on in commodities and wait for the Type-6.
Dauntless
Senior Admin

Postby EvolvedMonkey on Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:24 am

Cobras are excellent rare traders as you can run away from any trouble with ease. I started my rare runs in a Cobra. There are some brilliant routes on the net, or you can just make up your own routes.

I used this http://www.agisb.com/user/andragon/elite_rare_res2.jpg diagram to make up my own little routes. Rares max out selling price around 160ly from source.
But I'm feeling good, And if you don't exist, you're still one illusion that I can't resist
EvolvedMonkey
UKCS Life Sponsor

Player: EvolvedMonkey
STEAM_0:0:183417

Postby hagz on Sun Sep 20, 2015 10:59 am

the Cobra has a max cargo space of 60 T (44T with a shield generator) i believe which tbh makes it ideal when rares trading as your pretty limited to how much you can actually buy. not sure how jump range is affected by weight but it seems a decent ship.
hagz
Senior Admin

Postby hagz on Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:19 pm

right i decided to go for it. the CG bonus will easily outweigh any credits i can muster on the way back anyway. as it stands i have done 5500Ly to day and have about 19000 to go
hagz
Senior Admin

Postby Cap'n Neuro on Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:09 pm

Dauntless wrote:I hope you make it, especially with the last event and the "blockade" by The Code. That being said, you can always solo in when you get there.

AAAAHAHAHAHAHAH.

Oh. I'm sorry. I just can't-bwaaAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Seriously. Those weapons-grade, Fisher Price Pirate morons couldn't blow their nose, much less blockade anything. We're talking about 'pirates', who have the general philosophy of 'Ask nicely, bare teeth and hiss before changing it up and begging loudly, but don't be too scary or people might not want to play in open any more and we don't want to hurt their feelings.'

'Pirates' with a 'don't shoot unless necessary, and DEFINITELY don't shoot the same person twice within 48 hours' philosophy. It's ridiculous.
Luckily for their own sense of pride, most of them stick to it. When they have to open fire your best chance to avoid being hit is to kill your engines, switch off your shields, smacktalk them in local and wait patiently for them to miss everything then drown as their cockpit fills up with their own tears of ineptitude.

They give a bad name to piracy.
"The best laid plans of mice and men often break down to inherent cross-species communication barriers"
Cap'n Neuro
UKCS Life Sponsor
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Neuro the Legit Samurai
STEAM_0:0:3125332

Postby hagz on Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:02 am

tbh If I make it then I will be in solo mode. I feel no shame but I did not spend 5 weeks out in the black to let someone kill me for no reason. Especially when cemeiss is well inside the bubble.
hagz
Senior Admin

Postby Cap'n Neuro on Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:43 am

See, this is why I really think Frontier screwed up by not entirely segregating online and offline characters, or at least severely limiting the frequency of being able to switch from one to the other.

If somebody wants to play offline, awesome.why shouldn't they? But the system as it stands was designed wholly with player vs player conflict as a mitigating and primary balance concern for things as far reaching as the state of the galaxy. This is one of the reasons NPCs were scaled down so heavily since alpha.

By leaving the opportunity to never risk anything at any point, that balance the entire game was designed around can be sidestepped for free. The game would be made better tenfold if Frontier came out tomorrow and said 'we're getting rid of private groups, splitting single and multiplayer and giving a separate character spot for the other, but players can choose which their current character goes to'.

I mean, this isn't a criticism of your choice to drop into solo to hand it in. It's guaranteed money. Why wouldn't you? The problem here is a design flaw that the choice to switch freely and with no consequence or way to rebalance that risk/reward is available in the first place.

Even worse, we STILL don't have the Iron Man mode we were promised since day 0.
Last edited by Cap'n Neuro on Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The best laid plans of mice and men often break down to inherent cross-species communication barriers"
Cap'n Neuro
UKCS Life Sponsor
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Postby hagz on Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:12 pm

I do see your point totally and I generally always play solo tbh. the only reason I am in open at the moment is because I have someone following me back and you can't see them if your in solo.

but yes they need to define offline/online element much more clearly.
hagz
Senior Admin

Postby Dauntless on Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:10 pm

TBH I wouldn't mind if they did a PvP and a PvE server and got rid of everything else. I've moved to a private PvE server and so far although I've only seen 8-10 people but those people have been great. It was nice interacting with other players in a normal and sometimes comically RP way without the fear of griefing.

That being said, once I've got further into the game for lack of a better term, I can't wait to get into open whilst doing CG's and other stuff.
Dauntless
Senior Admin

Postby Binerexis on Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:01 pm

It all depends entirely on what your definition of griefing is. If you define being interdicted and/or blown up as griefing (like so many seem to think on the ED forums) then you're wrong.
"Everyone just shut up and enjoy your arena."
"...But we don't enjoy aren-"
"SHUT UP AND ENJOY YOUR ARENA!"
Part three of my quest to lose my sanity

"Bin would get my Unusual hatz since he's the coolest, bravest, smartest and toughest admin." - Bruce Willis
Binerexis
Old Timer
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Extrodisian
STEAM_0:0:19678834

Postby Dauntless on Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:48 pm

Bin, contrary to what others say, I do feel that the definition you gave is part of the game.
Dauntless
Senior Admin

Postby Cap'n Neuro on Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:14 am

It really is a valid part of the game, and shouldn't be considered griefing. Anybody is a viable and valid target in game for any (and that includes no) reason.

Just because a person is grieving, it doesn't mean they're being griefed. Many of the Space Truck Simulator crowd somehow missed that.
Cap'n Neuro
UKCS Life Sponsor
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Postby hagz on Thu Sep 24, 2015 5:38 am

anyway I made it back cashed in 51 million worth of data and made it to the CG and am just waiting to see what the CG bonus is. it finishes tomorrow so I will soon know. first thing i did was sell the diamond back.

if I go again I will choose an asp purely because you can fit a big fuel scoop. it probably took me 25% longer to get back due to the slow scoop rate of the one I had fitted to the Diamondback.
hagz
Senior Admin

Postby ListerofSMEG-2 on Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:09 pm

Ker-ching!! 51 million, sweet :D
i37 i40 i43 i45(Spec) i46 i49 i52(spec) i55
ListerofSMEG-2
Home Member
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: ListerofSMEG
STEAM_0:1:5418592

Postby hagz on Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:26 pm

plus a 10 Million bonus so far for being top 5% if I had taken my time and come back as I had intended I would probably have cleared 100Million but I was getting space fever out there lol.

the last 4000 Ly were torture but I did discover a couple of unknown ELW. I also nearly lost it all twice in the last 1000Ly due to 2 binary systems where the stars were really close together and I was interdicted about 3 jumps from home.
hagz
Senior Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Gamer's Retreat