[PC] ShootMania Storm

Chat about games you play when you're NOT playing on UKCS

[PC] ShootMania Storm

Postby Semaphia on Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:37 pm

Is anyone playing this? It looks pretty darn incredible, but there's only 500 Steam users playing the game at the moment. I might pull the trigger if I can raise £15.99 through the market hehe :)

Anyway, here's a quick video of the gameplay - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqF4xqaQfu4

Semaphia
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Semaphia
STEAM_0:0:41664894

Re: [PC] ShootMania Storm

Postby Salva on Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:49 pm

its a came ive fancied playing since beta but havnt tried it yet, really need to be playing in a group of 3 people you know and just havnt found anyone whos interested in it really
Salva
Always remember kids it's Unspecified's Salva's fault!
Salva
UKCS Life Sponsor
UKCS iSeries Attendee
UKCS Rentboy

Player: Salva
STEAM_0:1:492410

Postby Semaphia on Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:55 pm

Why the group requirement? I just wanna shoot people UT style :cheers:

Semaphia
UKCS Sponsor

Postby I Blame my Mother on Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:22 pm

I watched the finals of the game at i46, it was really fun to watch. The Competitive format involves 2 teams of 3 players going against each other.
I Blame my Mother
Senior Admin
UKCS iSeries Attendee
Events Deputy Head

Player: I Blame My Mother
STEAM_0:0:5643272

Location: At the late night science fiction double feature picture show.

Postby Semaphia on Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:35 pm

Ahh alright, cheers :) I raised the money selling TF2 items, so I think I'm gonna go for it.

Semaphia
UKCS Sponsor

Postby ApacheFlame on Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:46 pm

I need to get a steam key, if they exist as I was a bit of a hipster with this game. Had it before it was on steam :/
The Programmers Mantra: Declare Variables, not War.

ApacheFlame
Exec. Admin (Retired)
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Apache
STEAM_0:1:27288431

Postby PedalBin on Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:06 pm

Oh my god I never saw this haha already bought the game and Sem I only bought it so I could play something that reminded me of UT!

Add me on steam:PedalBin I play it most nights, so much fun!

PedalBin
UKCS Sponsor

Player: PedalBin
STEAM_0:0:23816565

Postby Semaphia on Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:09 pm

Will do :) Spent a few hours playing Elite mode... Yeah, it's quite fun, but I turned it off after 120 minutes. Kinda got tiring. Need to maybe try another mode.

Semaphia
UKCS Sponsor

Postby re# Skilgannon on Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:12 pm

my son and I have been playing it a while, we have a friend who plays it comp so we decided to try it and its loadsa fun :D
for she is the Cat that walks by herself, and all places are alike to her

no matter how many times I put together the great jigsaw of life there is always the same integral piece missing that prevents the picture from being complete Annabel Rose Hardwick
re# Skilgannon
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Sunshine Snookums
STEAM_0:0:7668

Postby Semaphia on Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:24 pm

It's cool :) It's probably be better when you have a set few people to play with though!

PedalBin is a bit... Energetic.

Semaphia
UKCS Sponsor

Postby PedalBin on Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:27 pm

re# Skilgannon wrote:my son and I have been playing it a while, we have a friend who plays it comp so we decided to try it and its loadsa fun :D

I may of called him a norty bugger within the first minute of talking to him.... hey Skilgannon add me up if you're not too scared by now! :D

PedalBin
UKCS Sponsor

Player: PedalBin
STEAM_0:0:23816565

Postby Semaphia on Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:46 am

Six hours later...

Yeah, alright. It's not Unreal Tourney, but it's a pretty darn fun game when you're playing with the right people. Just had 4 or so games straight with the same five people, and it was some of the most fun I've had online in a while :)

When you're attacking, it's always fun chasing those long shots, and hopefully winning a round for your team. When you're defending, it's still exciting, because you have to try and survive with one health. I haven't really explored much outside of Elite mode, but really, so far, there hasn't been a reason to.

The game isn't awful looking, and it does run pretty smoothly. The levels do seem really well designed from a gameplay POV. They're all pretty fun to play on (well, the ones I've played so far).

I'd recommend it :cheers:

Semaphia
UKCS Sponsor

Postby Kuukijz on Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:20 am

Semaphia wrote:Six hours later...

When you're attacking, it's always fun chasing those long shots, and hopefully winning a round for your team. When you're defending, it's still exciting, because you have to try and survive with one health. I haven't really explored much outside of Elite mode, but really, so far, there hasn't been a reason to.

The game isn't awful looking, and it does run pretty smoothly. The levels do seem really well designed from a gameplay POV. They're all pretty fun to play on (well, the ones I've played so far).

I'd recommend it :cheers:

And how long do you think gameplay will last? I mean, unless users create vastly different maps to keep things new and fresh, it will become old quite quickly :/
Image Taking break from TF2
Kuukijz
Home Member

Player: Kuukijz
STEAM_0:0:13996578

Postby Heisenberg on Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:49 pm

Worth £15.99? Should I wait until an inevitable steam sale?

Heisenberg
Recruit Member

http://steamcommunit

Postby Semaphia on Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:12 pm

Heisenberg wrote:Worth £15.99? Should I wait until an inevitable steam sale?

Depends on how long you think the gameplay will last. It will vary between person to person, but I can see myself putting 50+ hours to this eventually. The attack/defence mechanics are really quite cool, and the movement is very skillful & fast paced. There's a plethora of tournament levels, all pretty well balanced, all with tricks to get around them.

As much fun as I get out of the game though, I'm still not sure about the price tag... £15.99 for a game with two guns may be a bit steep, but it's very fun irregardless.

Kuukijz wrote:And how long do you think gameplay will last? I mean, unless users create vastly different maps to keep things new and fresh, it will become old quite quickly :/

There's already a load of maps (after 9 hours I still occasionally get thrown in a new one), and I'm pretty sure there's more if you don't just play Elite mode. It just depends on your personality I guess. If you love the gameplay, there's no reason why it can't last you 100+ hours. If you think it's just alright, or dislike it, you'll feel robbed.

Part of me wishes I had bought Dishonored, but I know I would've beaten that by now... :cheers:

Semaphia
UKCS Sponsor

Postby 13th Nightmare on Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:59 pm

I'm tempted to get it but I am unsure about it at the same time. I might want till the Steam sale before going for it. Even though it does seem interesting
Heaven Doesn't Want Me. And Hell Is Afraid I'll Take Over
13th Nightmare
Senior Admin
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: 13th @ #i61
STEAM_0:1:23426932

Postby Semaphia on Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:42 pm

It's a one trick pony. If you like the idea, buy it and be happy. If not, wait for 75% off :)

Semaphia
UKCS Sponsor

Postby 13th Nightmare on Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:10 pm

Bit the bullet and bought it And can honestly say that I love it. I watched a number of reviews and videos so I knew what I was getting myself into. I like how it is mainly down to skill and the odd bit of luck. So far I have only tried out Battle and Royal game modes. Both of which are good fun, have even scored some great kills. Remember once where I just fired out all my shots in a rapid fire sort of deal. Ended up killing two people one after the other. Another time someone was about to land after doing a jump... They never got to finish that jump seeing as a well aimed laser from me stopped them in their tracks.

I can see this being a marmite sort of game. People are either going to love it or hate it
Heaven Doesn't Want Me. And Hell Is Afraid I'll Take Over
13th Nightmare
Senior Admin
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: 13th @ #i61
STEAM_0:1:23426932

Postby Shuriken on Wed Apr 24, 2013 9:58 pm

Thought it looked like tribes with more acrobatics and blasters. Meant to pick it up a few days ago, apparently I forgot to add it to cart lol. Got it now though, will give a thrashing over the next few days

Edit: First impressions are great so far, it's odd but good. Definitely my kind of thing
This is my sandvich. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My sandvich is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my sandvich is useless. Without my sandvich, I am useless. I must eat my sandvich true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy, who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will. Before lunch I swear this creed: my sandvich and myself are defenders of my country, we are the masters of our enemy, we are the saviors of my life. So be it, until there is no enemy, but sandvich. Om nom.

Shuriken
Old Timer

Player: `_´ HaemoGobliN `_´
STEAM_0:1:5456922

Postby Semaphia on Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:04 pm

Best I ever did was get a 72m laser then a 68m laser next shot :cheers: I miss easy ones all the time though haha. I haven't played it in a few days though... Up for a game sometime if you want (Apache already added me to play sometime :))

Semaphia
UKCS Sponsor

Return to Gamer's Retreat