[Multi] The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing

Chat about games you play when you're NOT playing on UKCS

[Multi] The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing

Postby Synaphix on Sun May 26, 2013 1:58 pm

The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing is an action-RPG for PC and Xbox LIVE® Arcade and invites players to:

[*]Enter a memorable gothic-noir universe filled with monsters, magic, and weird science.
[*]Play through a refreshingly unique story, spiced up with wry humor, and snappy dialogue.
[*]Fight fierce battles against supernatural foes with diverse skills and abilities.
[*]Customize their characters through a detailed level-up system where they decide which skills and abilities they’ll need for the hunt.
[*]Use the special abilities and tailor the skills of a very remarkable follower.
[*]Modify their skills on the spot with a unique power-up system.
[*]Learn the secrets of mystical alchemy and forge powerful items.
[*]Build and develop their hideout and place traps to defend it from waves of terrible monsters.
[*]Gather the members of the Resistance and decorate the hunter’s lair with valuable trophies.
[*]Become the greatest monster slayer of all time while playing a cooperative multiplayer monster hunt up to four players.

My thoughts...

I was skeptical at first of this being a Diablo III rip off and in many respects it actually is but having swapped my spare copy of Max Payne 3 for this I am glad I did. I will be honest, the game is buggy quite a lot especially the multiplayer BUT they are patching things and REALLY listening to the customers of this game in implementing things or fixing things that needs to be done. This will be a three part game with another 2 to follow I have read and for £11 you cannot really moan.

I have gotten quite far and I have informed them that stacking one specific stat and going melee you can one-shot everything on the hardest setting but they have taken it into account as others like me had said and are adjusting it. There is no monster respawns in single player but there is in multiplayer and this is being looked into. The loot system is being checked over as I've not really found much worth it but my MF is not stacked too high so there you go.

Lady Katarina is quite helpful and many ways to play her to your advantage depending how you build your character works well. In my opinion a good buy and patches to improve/fix issues will come fast!

Interested in joining the CSGO Admin Team? Apply here.
Interested in joining the CSGO Map Team? Apply here.
Synaphix
Executive Admin

STEAM_0:0:000000

Re: [Multi] The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing

Postby Security on Sun May 26, 2013 8:12 pm

The first thing I wondered is what does this game offer that Path of Exile doesn't?
Gameplay wise it remembered me allot of Torchlight 2.
Security
Experienced Member
Honorary UKCS Member
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Security
STEAM_0:0:8446840

Postby Synaphix on Sun May 26, 2013 10:02 pm

I'm actually loving it, can be a total bitch with swarms of mobs at time but I found a build that works wonders ;) You can try the demo, its not for everything but I am loving it compared to Diablo III you actually have to work for your gear not just buy it and you need to think about what you do sometimes to avoid your death and not mindless grinding.

Also from the Staff - "Free DLC's will introduce you some other content until the sequel arrives, so be prepared!"
Synaphix
Executive Admin

Postby T3h Antek on Mon May 27, 2013 1:00 pm

Looks interesting, I actually played torchlight 2 quiet a lot and enjoy it more than Diablo 3. This game seems a lot like Torchlight so I'm going to give it a try. And it's 10% off atm so good times :) Thanks for the suggestion btw.

T3h Antek

Player: T3h Antek
STEAM_0:0:17640620

Postby Synaphix on Mon May 27, 2013 1:21 pm

I will tell you that there is a fair few bugs but they get resolved when sorted quite quickly (even patched on Saturday and Sundays!) and no NG+ at the moment so select your difficulty carefully as cannot go to the next after and its short, but free DLC's etc coming soon until new chapters is good. And for £11 or so for a game that takes around 10-15 hours is not bad when you pay 3x that for equally short games. I do like the fact there is no AH so you cannot buy your way through it!

Just be careful what perks you take as I do not think you can reset those. I'm a HUGE Torchlight fan so this is a nice change slightly and much preferred to Diablo 3. If you want a mod for TL2 try Synergies also, its fun :D
Synaphix
Executive Admin

Return to Gamer's Retreat