[ARMA 3 Tournament] International Conflict

Chat about games you play when you're NOT playing on UKCS

[ARMA 3 Tournament] International Conflict

Postby Gh0st.IRE on Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:14 pm

I've noticed a few of you UKCSers playing ARMA3 from my friends list lately so I decided to share this little project I'm working on with you all.
======================================================================================================================================

International Conflict, or IC as it's commonly known, is a Player vs Player tournament hailing from over seven successful years hosting the largest player v player tournament in Novalogic's Joint Operations.

Who are we?
We're a group of players who play together in an army vs army tournament using a military-style structure including Generals, HCOs, CO/XOs and specific units.
IC started out in Novalogic's Joint Operations, and after creating a custom mod for the game, the Total International Conflict mod (or TIC for short), became the leading community within JO, bringing over a hundred players together on a weekly bases to battle it out over multiple maps in a massive team-orientated battle for over seven years.

We are a community of players who enjoy teamwork and structure. We are friends, veterans, programmers, police officers, students, fathers and even one metal band roady!
We're currently expanding from Joint Operations into ARMA3. For seven years, IC has been bringing over 100 players together weekly to battle it out in our tournaments. Being the leading community in a game for so long is an arduous task, and now we feel it's time to spread our wings and bring our unique style of gameplay to the ARMA community.

What do we do?
We offer a Team v Team tournament, player vs player tournament.
Our tournament is broken down like this.
Each player is split into an army.
The army is assigned a General, and from there, the General will pick his/her units, officers and overall army theme (Name, Ranks, Uniforms, etc.)
The General will then set times and dates for specific training if needed, recon of the maps to be played on battleday and formulate their opening attack moves and plans for the battle. Given either pre-determined assets, or a limited budget to purchase their own assets, it's up to the General and his/her staff to defeat the other team with the players and assets under their control.
Each week, the two armies battle each other out during several hours of intense action.
Utilizing Teamspeak3 and a basic command structure, each army must work together to overcome their enemy and complete their map objective(s).

We try to offer our players a military-style battle each week, so after a long week of work or maybe after studying yourself into a meltdown, you can log in and go to war!

Now we're bringing our massive community and unique tournament style of play to the ARMA community and we want YOU!

If you're looking for some teamwork, some fun and something you (and your clan) could get involved in, then this is for you! We want players, map makers, script writers, clans, families, anything and everything.

Any questions feel free to ask!

Ex-TF2 Admin. Forum Moderator. Add me on Steam or PM me here!
Heresy MMO Guild Member.
Gh0st.IRE

Player: Rear Naked Bugs
STEAM_0:0:12137987

Re: [ARMA 3 Tournament] International Conflict

Postby MittinsKittens on Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:10 pm

This sounds really cool. Something that I actually might enjoy. Got a couple questions though that you might be able to answer for me :)

1. You say you do it once a week if possible, is this always on a set day? Or can it be most days of the week, just whenever most people can get on sort on thing?

2. What time do times do the fights roughly start, and how long do they last for?

3. How easy is it to jump in and play? Like, Do they force you to go through a load of hurdles just to get in an army? Or are they happy to fit you in where ever?

4. How active do you have to be? Can you just play whenever you want to? Or do they have some kind of "Call to Arms" system?

5. What kind of scenarios do you guys do (Examples:- City invasion/Recover items from a crash plane ect)? Since if it's just one thing over and over, even if you change the location might get really stale.
MittinsKittens
UKCS Sponsor
Official Pie Watcher
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: MittinsKittens ♥
STEAM_0:0:16655903

Postby Gh0st.IRE on Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:20 pm

MittinsKittens wrote:This sounds really cool. Something that I actually might enjoy. Got a couple questions though that you might be able to answer for me :)

1. You say you do it once a week if possible, is this always on a set day? Or can it be most days of the week, just whenever most people can get on sort on thing?

Currently, on the Joint Operations side of the tournament, battles take place every Sunday from 3pm GMT until approx. 11pm GMT. Players come in when they can, and play for as long as they can, and then log off.

2. What time do times do the fights roughly start, and how long do they last for?

As above, battles take place every Sunday from 3pm GMT until approx. 11pm GMT. Players come in when they can, and play for as long as they can, and then log off. We anticipate the ARMA battles will not be as long just due to how the game differs from JO, but that remains to be seen.

3. How easy is it to jump in and play? Like, Do they force you to go through a load of hurdles just to get in an army? Or are they happy to fit you in where ever?

You sign up, get assigned to an army/unit and then will be taken through a "Basic Military Training i.e. How-to-play" map on the server so you learn to play before a battleday.

4. How active do you have to be? Can you just play whenever you want to? Or do they have some kind of "Call to Arms" system?

You need to play every week, unless you've posted before hand in your army's forum that you'll be away for whatever reason (Work, Family etc)

5. What kind of scenarios do you guys do (Examples:- City invasion/Recover items from a crash plane ect)? Since if it's just one thing over and over, even if you change the location might get really stale.

Mostly it was a take and hold type of campaign, just due to the sheer size of everything. You fight for the zone, take it, hold it and push onto the next zone while the enemy try to do the same to you. As for environments, that all depends on the maps and who made them. We're thinking of incorporating the All-in-ARMA mod which'll give access to several monstrous maps that can be tweaked to our needs at a later date.

Everything is a WIP at the moment as the game is still in beta. Drop by on Teamspeak if you want more information, or to just see how things work on Sunday during the ICJO battle.
Heresy MMO Guild Member.
Gh0st.IRE

Postby Gh0st.IRE on Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:29 pm

Our first battle day went without a hitch. Thank you to everyone who played. We're currently sitting at two armies with 16 players a piece. We're still looking for more player sto get registered and to join up.

Once again, this is still part of our beta campaign while we chop and change settings to get the best possible gameplay out of ARMA 3. We're also on the lookout for anyone with map making/script writing ability. You can use the IC tournament to showcase your skills to the world!

If you sign up now you'll get registered in time for our second battle of the campaign, this Sunday (25th of Aug)

To sign up, visit this link and register. Post in the Go Random topic and await a response!
http://www.icarma3.info/forum/showthread.php?t=116
Heresy MMO Guild Member.
Gh0st.IRE

Return to Gamer's Retreat