[PC-Digital CCG] Hearthstone

Chat about games you play when you're NOT playing on UKCS

[PC-Digital CCG] Hearthstone

Postby Synaphix on Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:14 am

What is Hearthstone?

Hearthstone is a free-to-play digital strategy card game that anyone can enjoy. Players choose one of nine epic Warcraft® heroes to play as, and then take turns playing cards from their customizable decks to cast potent spells, use heroic weapons or abilities, or summon powerful characters to crush their opponent.

UKCS BattleTags

Synaphix - Synaphix#2573
Templar+ - Orpheus#2722
13th Nightmare - XIII#2412
Shuriken - HaemoGoblin#2516
Security - Seccedonien#1841
BiggestNoob1988-Forever - CaptainNeur0#2479
S.O.Sniper - DemonWire#2776
Wizav - Rocksteady#2190
Binerexis - Binerexis#2922
Seraphina - Seraphina#2452
Salva - salva#2385
Nish - NishinoSan#2949
Ger - Ger#2696
Kaelan002 - Kaelan#2434
Last edited by Synaphix on Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:16 pm, edited 10 times in total.
Interested in joining the CSGO Admin Team? Apply here.
Interested in joining the CSGO Map Team? Apply here.
Synaphix
Executive Admin

Player: Rob
STEAM_0:1:36281577

Re: [PC-Digital CCG] Hearthstone

Postby Security on Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:57 am

Security - Seccedonien#1841
Security
Experienced Member
Honorary UKCS Member
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Security
STEAM_0:0:8446840

Postby 13th Nightmare on Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:14 pm

I'm loving this game and my mage deck at the minute. Was having a lot of bad luck with the hunter, losing match after match after match. But found a mage deck that I liked and haven't looked back since. I have played 9 games with the deck since making it and so far I have only lost 2 matches with it.
I always seem to draw the right card for the situation with it as well. Like in my last match where my opponent had summoned River Crocolisk and then Beastmaster to give it taunt, all I had on my field was an Elven Archer, Novice Engineer and a Mirror Image. So my turn came and I drew... Polymorph. So it was bye-bye River Crocolisk, hello Sheep, meet Fireball.
Heaven Doesn't Want Me. And Hell Is Afraid I'll Take Over
13th Nightmare
Senior Admin
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: 13th @ i55
STEAM_0:1:23426932

Postby Synaphix on Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:40 pm

The Warrior is quite annoying to beat if they play it well, I learnt from an opponents tactics and had anything that boosted my DPS hugely from hero attacks as well as stacking my shield up and cards which I think give +5 shield. You can wipe out their entire minion team this way and never drop below 30 providing you have a good draw at the start!
Synaphix
Executive Admin

Postby Templar+ on Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:47 pm

Been playing with a paladin murlock deck it's fun to play with Grggrlggrlgggllrrgll! Biggest threat to the deck are mages. I have beat a few though.
Templar+
Old Timer

Player: Templar+
STEAM_0:0:10400303

Postby S.O.Sniper on Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:54 pm

I've only played for like 4-5 days but I really enjoy playing Mage & Priest. Mage especially is very powerful with just the basic cards.

I just wish they would hurry and fix the big Arena bug that permanently locks you out of playing it since that's the only mode that's worth playing to me (at least until they start offering rewards for Ranked mode).
S.O.Sniper
Home Member

Postby Blast on Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:36 pm

is this FTP?
Blast
Old Timer

Player: Blast
STEAM_0:0:55618158

Postby EWJ on Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:46 pm

Synaphix wrote:What is Hearthstone?

Hearthstone is a free-to-play digital strategy card game

<3
God is a defect of the human genome.
Earthwormjim hes such a groovy guy,
Earthwormjim he rockets thru the sky,
EWJ
Old Timer
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Mr EWJ ®
STEAM_0:1:3498984

Postby Synaphix on Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:58 pm

Next beta wave should go out soon I think if you are signed up, if not I'll have a spare key once it does
Synaphix
Executive Admin

Postby Binerexis on Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:00 pm

It'll be free when it's fully released but until then, sign up for the beta!
"Everyone just shut up and enjoy your arena."
"...But we don't enjoy aren-"
"SHUT UP AND ENJOY YOUR ARENA!"
Part three of my quest to lose my sanity

"Bin would get my Unusual hatz since he's the coolest, bravest, smartest and toughest admin." - Bruce Willis
Binerexis
Old Timer
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Extrodisian
STEAM_0:0:19678834

Postby S.O.Sniper on Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:35 pm

They were aiming for open beta this month, but I'm not sure if that's still on the cards. 8)
S.O.Sniper
Home Member

Postby Wizav on Mon Dec 16, 2013 1:57 am

I hope the mage gets fixed in the next patch. Frost nova x 2 , Blizzard x 2 , Ice block x 2 , Pyro x 2 is almost auto-win and when you manage to survive past that point you still gotta eat 2 flame strikes , fireballs and polys and deal with all there minions :x

Wizav
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Wizav
STEAM_1:3:666666

Postby 13th Nightmare on Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:21 am

Just been playing a few games seeing as Blizzard finally sorted out the problem of not being able to log into Hearthstone. And I've never been so happy to see one of my cards in my deck. Me and my opponent were both down to low health, I was down to 2 health and they were sitting on 3 health. They had several minions on the field and I didn't have anything as they destroyed the last of my defences. Thankfully I had one heck of a lucky draw, from my deck I drew one of my wolfrider cards. So was able to deal the final damage I needed to pick up the win.
Have been on the recieving end of a few priest and warrior decks with my mage deck. So might have to go back and give the priest another go as I do like how they can take their opponents cards and use them against them.
13th Nightmare
Senior Admin
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Postby Binerexis on Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:08 pm

I've just been enjoying being a massive arsehole with my Rogue deck. Tee hee hee.

"Bin would get my Unusual hatz since he's the coolest, bravest, smartest and toughest admin." - Bruce Willis
Binerexis
Old Timer
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Postby Shuriken on Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:43 pm

If only I had dust! Getting a little tired of the random arena rewards, 0 dust for 4 wins is shit. I've had a big grumble with this game for a little while and I've not really been able to put my finger on it until now.

Let's compare it to magic, since every other card game is cited when people complain this is pay2win.

The primary argument is that all cards games are quintessentially pay to win which means it isn't pay to win. Aside from the contradiction these people do have a point. You have to get the cards to play, end of story. Now what I have an issue with the types of games we've got at our disposal.

Play mode is the identical to Standard Constructed MTG. In MTG the more money you throw at standard cards (higher prices because new stuff!) generally the better you do, the same applies in HS. However this is where the similarities end and the idiotic pay gate rolls around in lolcakes and fu. This is primarily because Wizard of the Coast aren't the solo retail outlet for cards. Specifically there are a plethora of single cards available at a reasonable performance:price ratio from a multitude of outlets. Not to mention trading. So not only do you have to get the cards all from the same store, you're never guaranteed to get anything you want and even if it's something someone else wants fuck you, you can't trade so disenchant it for a 8:1 crafting ratio.....

Yes, eventually you can get the cards that are hot right now, if you have the patience to grind out literal months of your life just for one epic, don't even think about legendaries in an acceptable time frame.

That's assuming you can win any games since a tonne of high ranking players purposefully lose matches so they can duel people with vastly inferior decks just so they can farm their 100 gold quicker. There's literally no downside to this for them as they have the deck to be able to rank back up when it matters.

I've got no problem fighting people with better decks though, just wish we'd all be given the same opportunity instead of letting the dickheads ruin play mode
This is my sandvich. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My sandvich is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my sandvich is useless. Without my sandvich, I am useless. I must eat my sandvich true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy, who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will. Before lunch I swear this creed: my sandvich and myself are defenders of my country, we are the masters of our enemy, we are the saviors of my life. So be it, until there is no enemy, but sandvich. Om nom.

Shuriken
Old Timer

Player: `_´ HaemoGobliN `_´
STEAM_0:1:5456922

Postby Binerexis on Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:55 pm

The trick with getting more dust for cards is to play the living hell out of Arena; buying packs is entirely not worth the money/gold.

Spend your gold on arena entries and dismantle every card you don't want for the dust. It takes a long time but the primary incentive with it is that you have to keep on playing. Who knows, maybe it'll get easier when they introduce the story mode but at least it's better than DOTP in the sense that you're not stuck to a fixed deck.

Binerexis
Old Timer
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Postby Shuriken on Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:46 pm

I can only play arena once or twice a day if i'm really lucky with quests, haven't bought a single pack yet. I've disenchanted everything I didn't want for cards I liked, incidentally they've all had their mana cost increased by one in the upcoming patch.....

On the plus side

As with all Expert card changes, Cone of Cold and Blizzard will both be disenchantable for their full value for two weeks starting from the day of the patch.

Thanks Blizz, love you too
This is my sandvich. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My sandvich is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my sandvich is useless. Without my sandvich, I am useless. I must eat my sandvich true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy, who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will. Before lunch I swear this creed: my sandvich and myself are defenders of my country, we are the masters of our enemy, we are the saviors of my life. So be it, until there is no enemy, but sandvich. Om nom.

Shuriken
Old Timer

Player: `_´ HaemoGobliN `_´
STEAM_0:1:5456922

Postby 13th Nightmare on Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:56 pm

For anyone who wants the full info on what Shuri is talking about - http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/for ... 3?page=1#0

For anyone who can't be bothered reading it all - They will be increasing the cost of cards that can freeze in mage cards: Cone of Cold, Frost Nova & Blizzard by one mana. As they know that they can be frustrating to play against.

So a small nerf to mage's, but probably won't be enough to keep the people from moaning about how mages are all powerful killing machines
13th Nightmare
Senior Admin
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Postby Binerexis on Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:37 pm

Binerexis
Old Timer
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Postby S.O.Sniper on Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:25 am

I'm just happy they're patching the Arena bug.

Playing as a beginner Mage though, even I think the changes don't go far enough. Pyroblast to something like 8 damage (or higher mana cost) and Fireball to 4 damage would go a decent way. Frostbolt & Flamestrike are still too powerful as well.

I've ended up just playing my Priest deck lately because it's just a lot more fun to win with.
S.O.Sniper
Home Member

Next

Return to Gamer's Retreat