[PC-Digital CCG] Hearthstone

Chat about games you play when you're NOT playing on UKCS

Re: [PC-Digital CCG] Hearthstone

Postby Shuriken on Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:29 pm

congrats :D and gold too \o/
This is my sandvich. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My sandvich is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my sandvich is useless. Without my sandvich, I am useless. I must eat my sandvich true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy, who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will. Before lunch I swear this creed: my sandvich and myself are defenders of my country, we are the masters of our enemy, we are the saviors of my life. So be it, until there is no enemy, but sandvich. Om nom.

Shuriken
Old Timer

Player: `_´ HaemoGobliN `_´
STEAM_0:1:5456922

Postby LittleMissSkittles on Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:48 pm

So, anyone tried out Naxxramas yet? :D

LittleMissSkittles
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Little Miss Skittles
STEAM_0:1:55090986

Postby Ger-h on Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:17 pm

Couldn't connect servers to busy :(
Ger-h
Executive Admin
Maptesting Head
UKCS iSeries Attendee
Official Executive Teaboy™

Player: Ger
STEAM_0:1:35307921

Postby Shuriken on Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:40 am

finished the first wing :(

Do like the new cards. Hate waiting a week for 8 more fights though :(
This is my sandvich. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My sandvich is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my sandvich is useless. Without my sandvich, I am useless. I must eat my sandvich true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy, who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will. Before lunch I swear this creed: my sandvich and myself are defenders of my country, we are the masters of our enemy, we are the saviors of my life. So be it, until there is no enemy, but sandvich. Om nom.

Shuriken
Old Timer

Postby Nish on Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:33 am

Tested out Naxx yesterday, I'm so glad they got the humane feel to it, Maexxna for one liked to use 2-3 minutes on each turn.

In all honesty, a great update, the heroic is hard as nails, but I'm really digging the update! :)
Service Manager for Skedsmo Red Cross, Norway. Also, I like pie.
Image Image
Nish
Admin Cadet
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Nish
STEAM_0:1:17901503

Postby Templar+ on Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:30 am

Certainly enjoying Heroic mode very challenging.
Templar+
Old Timer

Player: Templar+
STEAM_0:0:10400303

Postby Templar+ on Wed Jul 23, 2014 2:17 pm

3 hours later and everythings been completed :(
Templar+
Old Timer

Postby Shuriken on Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:07 pm

I do hope the next 4 wings are successively harder. The new cards have made zoo decks nasty but I decided to remake the token druid with the cheap spiders, not disappointed lol. Hopefully it'll shake up the same 3-4 decks you see on the ladder for the best part of the month

Shuriken
Old Timer

Postby Templar+ on Wed Jul 23, 2014 5:49 pm

I'm 140 wins away from Hunter card back from Ranked, what a grind :'(
Templar+
Old Timer

Postby RLCrazyCat3 on Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:25 pm

Just completed the 1st wing. The most interesting and enjoyable part for me for was the heroic Maexxna boss. I had to make a entirely new deck for it, my handlock deck (which i used for the rest of the wing's bosses) just wasnt up for the job.

For those interested in the deck i used to defeat the tricky spider:

Using mage:
The idea of this deck is simple, using cheap minions with useful battlecries to stay alive (owl and Voodoo doctors come very much in handly) along with spells and spell power for the more nasty stuff or for when the board gets too full.

The Flying Drunken Ninja of tf2!

The Bottle Master of ukcs >=)
RLCrazyCat3
Experienced Member

Player: RLCrazyCat3
STEAM_0:0:11746075

Postby Shuriken on Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:48 am

Logged on earlier for it to tell me "You lost your last game in naxxramas due to a disconnection" and I had to do the last one again lol

Tried it again with my hunter, roflstomped it this time :\

Shuriken
Old Timer

Postby Templar+ on Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:55 am

Had to make a new Paladin deck to beat Maexxna.
Templar+
Old Timer

Postby LittleMissSkittles on Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:45 pm

Embarrassingly enough, I'm still struggling with Anub'Rekhan >_> Any hints?

LittleMissSkittles
UKCS Sponsor

Postby Shuriken on Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:50 pm

I dread to ask, normal or heroic? lol

I used a paladin deck mostly because of cheap-ish board wipes and heals. If it's the heroic version dont be afraid to take 4 to the face to gain tempo next turn.

Shuriken
Old Timer

Postby Templar+ on Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:08 pm

For the first 2 i used a Priest alpha deck.
Templar+
Old Timer

Postby LittleMissSkittles on Thu Jul 24, 2014 5:53 pm

Shuriken wrote:I dread to ask, normal or heroic? lol

I used a paladin deck mostly because of cheap-ish board wipes and heals. If it's the heroic version dont be afraid to take 4 to the face to gain tempo next turn.

Normal, sadly. I dread to think what it's going to be like on heroic! I'll definitely try tweaking my paladin deck though, see if I can't get somewhere with that...

LittleMissSkittles
UKCS Sponsor

Postby Shuriken on Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:33 pm

If you've got wild pyromancers it can make it a lot easier.

http://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/com ... _of_decks/ This is a pretty good comprehensive coverage of the types of decks you see, if one style isn't working for you try something new :D

Shuriken
Old Timer

Postby Shuriken on Thu Jul 31, 2014 12:14 pm

Second wing is marginally harder, though if I could get a game where I start with some removal I might finally beat heroic Loatheb. Came close with control priest and rush warlock but RNG refuses to draw what I need to finish the encounter every time so far. Just one game I'd like to start with a corruption in my hand.

Shuriken
Old Timer

Postby Shuriken on Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:27 am

lol....

Started a game with a corruption in my hand, beat heroic loatheb -_-

Shuriken
Old Timer

Postby Nish on Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:40 pm

Templar+ wrote:I'm 140 wins away from Hunter card back from Ranked, what a grind :'(

I thought you only get a golden portrait for winning 500 ranked games?
Service Manager for Skedsmo Red Cross, Norway. Also, I like pie.
Image Image
Nish
Admin Cadet
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Nish
STEAM_0:1:17901503

PreviousNext

Return to Gamer's Retreat