[PC/Xbox 360] State of Decay

Chat about games you play when you're NOT playing on UKCS

[PC/Xbox 360] State of Decay

Postby Synaphix on Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:46 pm

The end is here. Life as you knew it has gone to hell after the mother of all zombie outbreaks. Now you and the few scattered survivors must band together to survive and rebuild in a 3rd-person action game set in a dynamic open world. You choose where to make your stand, designing and fortifying your home base, performing daring raids for food and ammunition, and rescuing other playable survivors with unique talents. The open, sandbox world develops in real-time, shaped by your actions, dynamically generating content based on your choices and the ever-increasing zombie threat.

State of Decay is our ambitious zombie-survival open world game currently under development at Undead Labs for release on Xbox 360 / Xbox LIVE Arcade and PC.

I got this on Steam and whilst there is no story really and it can be repetitive they are still doing content for it. In five hours of gameplay I was still enjoying it however, it can grow dull quickly. It is more or less a mix of Dead Island building your character, getting weapons and scavenging for items to keep your group alive and then the ability to build your outposts like The Walking Dead. The game is sandbox so constantly changes, you can rescue new survivors and grow a community, if someone dies bring new people and a fair few quests to do. I do own the DLC also but have not tried this out yet.

Has anyone else played this? If you do grab it then I rate it a 2.5/5 depending how you feel about Dead Island as it is more or less that game with the ability to build proper Outposts and build a community rather than Dead Island's forcing you to open the outposts. IF YOU DO GRAB IT, make sure you get it at the cheapest price in a sale, it is not really worth the full pricing in my opinion.
Interested in joining the CSGO Admin Team? Apply here.
Interested in joining the CSGO Map Team? Apply here.
Synaphix
Executive Admin

STEAM_0:0:000000

Re: [PC/Xbox 360] State of Decay

Postby Synaphix on Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:35 pm

Well I am about three missions off completing the game, waiting for it to ping so I can do so and then unlock my last few achievements. It is worth the money if you can get it cheap and will be provided with updates. The main game you can continue forever, resources are used every 24 hours real time so you get time to stock and as it constantly works survivors can die off when you are not playing.

The DLC is a basic find an Outpost do a little progress to escape but has infinite levels and as you gain more levels it becomes WAY harder, lack of food, cars etcetera so is a real treat to play as well as unlocking 35 heroes to use. They are working on a new DLC too as well as the next patch to fix some issues (the released patches thus far are community feedback and resolves what they wanted - they really listen to the community) and although no steam work shop they do allow mods, players have made skins and things at the moment and a group is in contact to see if they can get it on steam workshop and allow proper modding such as maps etcetera and if allowed will be done by a good team as I can see reading various forums.

Definitely worth it if you can get it at like 50-75% off until more content comes out!
Interested in joining the CSGO Admin Team? Apply here.
Interested in joining the CSGO Map Team? Apply here.
Synaphix
Executive Admin

STEAM_0:0:000000

Return to Gamer's Retreat