[PC - Indie] Banished

Chat about games you play when you're NOT playing on UKCS

Re: [PC - Indie] Banished

Postby [FIN]JackBauer on Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:56 am

I found Medium difficulty to be boring enough to stop the first village where it stood after five minutes. Hard is the way to go, if you wanna up the ante go with Mountain terrain and Harsh climate ;)
[FIN]JackBauer
Experienced Member

Player: aekson
STEAM_0:1:9679660

Postby Wizav on Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:58 am

some of the achievements are no joke especially the uneducated one, keeping up with tool production is a bloody nightmare, has anyone managed to complete it yet.

I would really like to see quarries get a buff in future patch and gatherers/pastures nerfed, waiting for stone is the only thing stopping me from expanding and enjoying late game, 30 educated people working in quarry with steel tools only producing 30-40 stone per seems really harsh. Ive seen some people get around it building 5-6 trading ports all set to auto-purchase stone but that just seems like cheating with how easy firewood is to produce and how much it sells for in comparison to everything else.

Is anyone else constantly in need of stone or am i just doing something wrong

Wizav
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Wizav
STEAM_1:3:666666

Postby [FIN]JackBauer on Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:16 am

I've had a quarry running with 7-8 stone cutters in addition to 3-5 labourers running around harvesting stone. It gets me to a point where I can maybe build two stone houses per year and barely a bigger building like a church. But it always requires harvesting stone in addition to the quarry.

I got tool production running quite nicely with one mine, 9 miners and a single blacksmith. It's a sort of a just-on-time situation where I really don't pile up iron or coal, nor do I get huge piles of tools, but I have 10-20 spare steel tools lying around all the time which is good enough for now. If I build a lot or something like that then I might go ahead and harvest some iron if I can find any close by.

One thing I'm having problems with are the cemetaries, I've filled up two of them with 28 slots in a relatively short time; peeps have been dying of old age and young ones are taking their place. The cemetaries are going to take up a lot of ground, I'm gonna have to take over an island close by just to accommodate all the corpses. Imagine if the game had a zombie apocalypse mechanic, jeez. :X Does it affect happiness a whole lot if the latest batch of deceased are dumped into the quarry/river instead of the cemetary for the next couple of generations?
[FIN]JackBauer
Experienced Member

Player: aekson
STEAM_0:1:9679660

Postby Wizav on Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:39 am

I meant keeping up tool production while doing the uneducated achievement, the one where you need an uneducated population of 300. Production is already terrible without schools and i keep running out of tools which just kills it off.

I'm going to try it without tools and just have like 90% of the population working on food and firewood see if that works

Wizav
UKCS Sponsor

Player: Wizav
STEAM_1:3:666666

Postby Slavechild on Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:34 pm

This looks good! Finally a city sim that hasn't been corrupted by EA Games :lol:
It slightly reminds me of the Anno games but I think it'll be a few weeks before I can convince my bank balance that a game is a good investment.
Magical Facebook Fairy wrote:Image
Slavechild
Home Member

Player: Slavechild
STEAM_0:1:26412177

Postby Synaphix on Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:03 pm

Picked this up for £6 and had a little go through the tutorial as not watched anything else on it and once I find some time it looks like something I'd spend a fair few hours on :D
Interested in joining the CSGO Admin Team? Apply here.
Interested in joining the CSGO Map Team? Apply here.
Synaphix
Executive Admin

STEAM_0:0:000000

Postby Binerexis on Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:10 pm

It's very easy to lose a lot of time to it. Just remember not to run out of people!
"Everyone just shut up and enjoy your arena."
"...But we don't enjoy aren-"
"SHUT UP AND ENJOY YOUR ARENA!"
Part three of my quest to lose my sanity

"Bin would get my Unusual hatz since he's the coolest, bravest, smartest and toughest admin." - Bruce Willis
Binerexis
Old Timer
UKCS iSeries Attendee

Player: Extrodisian
STEAM_0:0:19678834

Postby Shuriken on Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:50 pm

This is my sandvich. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My sandvich is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my sandvich is useless. Without my sandvich, I am useless. I must eat my sandvich true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy, who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will. Before lunch I swear this creed: my sandvich and myself are defenders of my country, we are the masters of our enemy, we are the saviors of my life. So be it, until there is no enemy, but sandvich. Om nom.

Shuriken
Old Timer

Player: `_´ HaemoGobliN `_´
STEAM_0:1:5456922

Previous

Return to Gamer's Retreat